Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Bugs & Feedback

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Bugs & Feedback

has been fixed in next update

Any updates on the progress the team can share? Been quite long since the last one.
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Will post an update in the sneak peak thread.

Nice! Let me congratulate you and the team here since the sneak peak thread seems locked for some reason and I can't give you rep Looking forward and good luck with the rest!
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

When I wish to recruit more Roman soldiers, and my mouse hovers over the unit that I wish to recruit, it says this: "Error unit has no class key assigned." So, what is this problem and how do I rectify this? This is with any Roman units that I wish to recruit.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Really like the increased variety in unit equipment introduced with this mod to some factions, like the Arabian sides. Looking forward to see more factions getting the same treatment. Keep up the excellent work!

BTW, if you guys plan to keep using ACR in the next version of VV, you should take a look at Africanum. Currently, you're using the 5th edition of ACR. It's been updated 3 times since then. And swelled to 4 times the size. Much of it may not be adaptable to VV's custom rosters, however. Anyway, you have my permission to use Africanum in any way you like, should you wish to upgrade on that score (as I'd like to play VV with the latest version of ACR). Just let me know that this is the case, so that I can make a note of it in my records and forward the info when needed. If not, I'm tempted to get ACR to work more fully with VV myself, when this latter project has come close to completion.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Really like the increased variety in unit equipment introduced with this mod to some factions, like the Arabian sides. Looking forward to see more factions getting the same treatment. Keep up the excellent work!

BTW, if you guys plan to keep using ACR in the next version of VV, you should take a look at Africanum. Currently, you're using the 5th edition of ACR. It's been updated 3 times since then. And swelled to 4 times the size. Much of it may not be adaptable to VV's custom rosters, however. Anyway, you have my permission to use Africanum in any way you like, should you wish to upgrade on that score (as I'd like to play VV with the latest version of ACR). Just let me know that this is the case, so that I can make a note of it in my records and forward the info when needed. If not, I'm tempted to get ACR to work more fully with VV myself, when this latter project has come close to completion.
    Thanks for the permission Demo!!

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by M@x1mus View Post
    Thanks for the permission Demo!!
    You're welcome, my friend, as always.

If you do decide to check Africanum out (in custom battles, for instance), make sure you load the whole roster of a given faction so as not to miss anything of the show and compare that with what VV currently offers. When I tested the looks of the Macedonians in VV, for example, the one detail of the Companion Cavalry coming out pretty pale in comparison with how they appear in Africanum alone was enough to leave me a bit disappointed with VV. Many other units looking nice in Africanum, like the Thessalian Cavalry for Epirus, will disappear in VV's rosters, but a good portion of Africanum's diversity should still be transferrable to VV. If this diversity is integrated into VV, the interest in the units which the latter would evoke would be difficult to match in other R2 mods, I think. Should you decide to make the transfer, give me a PM holler about that and then I could send you over a file with updates from Africanum. Currently, that would include diversity for the Nervii, the Galatians, the Armenians, the Bactrians, the Cimmerians, the Colchians, the Massilians, the Roxolani, the Scythians, Pergamon and Tylis plus an update to Parthia.
    Last edited by Demokritos; November 05, 2017 at 06:10 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place