Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    In general Chinese taxis hate stop,... they will almost do anything to not stop.
    Yeah, except the aforementioned need to refill gas and urinate :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    The internet in Korea works round the clock. And I've never seen the thing depicted in the picture.

Though Korea may be strange, Japan is infinitely worse.
    True, though I sometimes wish I saw some of those weird, crazy inventions around. They're mostly in commercials.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    The internet in Korea works round the clock. And I've never seen the thing depicted in the picture.

Though Korea may be strange, Japan is infinitely worse.
    oh crap I was thinking about this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shutdown_law so I guess that's that.

And yes Japan is worst, I guess. IDK in my personal option it's kind of tied since I see like a lot of

Korean commercial recently and I've seen weird inventions and stuff on Afreeca and Twitch. VS me never

watching Japanese ads cause I got well you know . So personal bias in this case

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

"This law also caused problems that underage gamers started to steal KSSN (Korean Social Security Numbers) in order to elude the law."

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

why KSSN? they have no national ID system like Japan or Taiwan?

Patrician

In my experience most of these government regulated transactions require a SIN rather than some other form of ID.
    All you really have to do is type in your SIN. If it were actual ID then they would have to scan it and get an official to look at it or something like that.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

What about those of us who are SIN-less #Shadowrun #MageDecker
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Patrician

Then you are most likely unemployed and if captured by police then you will be deported.

Is that what Anarchists are doing nowadays?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So I've recently gotten back into wargaming after a couple years break. I've bought a few models for a game called Dystopian Wars, and am now working on setting up a few armies to use. I plan on my main forces being the Ottoman and Russian Coalition.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Ciciro; December 15, 2016 at 05:57 PM.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Ottoman had fleets?! are they portray of warships?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

In the 15th and 16th century the Ottomans had the largest fleet in the world.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Patrician

Forsooth! The Grand Turk's ships raided all of the Mediterranean and also plundered the coasts of the Red Sea, Persian Sea and Indian Sea. From the ports of Oman, to Mombasa and the far off cities of Goa and Malacca, no Christian caravel sailing in the East was safe!

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    The game takes place a latter bit later than that in the 19th century, and its setting is a bit alt-history/steampunk-esque. It takes place in a timeline where industrialization happened in the 17th century and a new, extremely powerful element was discovered in Antarctic vaults and have allowed for weapons like Tesla Rays, such as the ones on this giant iceburg aircraft carrier.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    'till the Battle of Lepanto; yet another victory of us that no one remembers..
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Pffh, among sea battles it's one of the better known ones

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Blog Entries

yes fact is that many people assume that was "Spain" to win it, while it is pretty evident that the victory was achieved thanks to both the military and the economical efforts of the Italian states; they were indeed (largely) part of the Spanish Empire, but still this is our victory
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

I never really thought of it as a Spanish victory, more as a Venetian one. If I were to call it an Italian one the Venetians would disagree, though, I guess. (Viva la Serenissima!)
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Blog Entries

it depends on who you ask the question to, my friend

and anyways, Venice was the main player but not the only one, basically all the main Italian states contributed with ships and or/money
    Last edited by Flinn; December 16, 2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: why? why can't I spend 30 second to re-read my posts??

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Can't imagine any of them were particularly happy with Ottoman slave-raids. Fun fact, they even raided Iceland once.

Early modern European history is really interesting, odd that there's never been a TW game about it.

To be fair to the Ottomans, the vast majority of the slave-raiding was done by the Barbary pirates and Morocco, the former of which were basically only nominally vassals of the Sublime Porte, and the latter of which were entirely independent.

Yeah, they also did a lot of raids against Cornwall and Ireland. What's interesting is that plenty of the pirates themselves were European 'renegades' like John Ward and Simon Danseker, whose life stories are quite worth a read.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Can't imagine any of them were particularly happy with Ottoman slave-raids. Fun fact, they even raided Iceland once.

Early modern European history is really interesting, odd that there's never been a TW game about it.
    Yup, really hoping the next historical TW game will cover this.