Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fight like a man (FLAM) for DEI

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Default Fight like a man (FLAM) for DEI

>>>>>> Version: 1.02 (Update: With permission of modders Philip and Rohirrim I added their mod called "Closer Deployment Zones")

This is a version of FLAM for the latest Divide et Impera (DEI). For those who don't know, FLAM is a battle and campaign gameplay overhaul, based on realism and military greatness of the ancient world. More here.

>>>>>> WTF is FLAM?!

This is FLAM: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=318493828

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...u-300-000-men!

FLAM = Massive battles, 41 unit armies, massive recruitment, hardcore/realistic balance, longer and more tactical battles, much better AI in battles, much better AI in campaign, and more! Soldiers don't hesitate (take a look at the intensity of their attacks), they fight like animals, but won't die nowhere as easily as before!

>>>>>> Requirements:

- Installed Divide et Impera v0.96e.

>>>>>> Compatibility:

- Divide et Impera v0.96e.
    - Any unit pack or graphical mod, that is allready compatible with DEI.
    - Save game compatible.
    - NO NEED to start a new campaign!

>>>>>> Download:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=329476006

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kb...M_for_DEI.pack

>>>>>> Hey FLAM guys!
    Finally I got to make an unique version of the Fight Like a Man for a very popular and succesful mod Divide et Impera. Along with that I made a lot of changes to gameplay itself, in other words, I listened to your questions and feedback and adjusted most of battle gameplay features. Also, this version newly contains updated version of the "41 banner" with better graphics and a "star bar".

>>>>>> All the description for the FLAM is located here:

Fight Like a Man 1.06 for Vanilla

41 units army banner

>>>>>> FAQ for DEI version of FLAM:

Q: Does this mod change unit values?

A: No. This time I managed to make all the changes in other tables, so it's okay to use any kind of unit pack or graphical pack!

Q: What difficulty should I play on?

A: Normal for battle, hard/very hard for campaign. Once you start your campign, it's recommended to go to menu and set battle difficulty to NORMAL.

>>>>>> Please give some of the attention to the modders Philip and Rohirrim for their allowance of using their very handy mod called "Closer Deployment Zones". Check them out as well. And thank you guys again!

>>>>>> I strongly RECOMMEND to use 41 UNIT STACKS!

REMEMBER, DO NOT CHANGE THE 10th/NAVY VALUE FROM 20!!!

>>>>>> 41 UNITS TUTORIAL:

I repeat, it's OPTIONAL. If you have a **** PC, then don't use 41 units! F.e.: My pc is five year old i7 980x and gtx480. I play on Ultra with SweetFX and custom AA with NP.

0. You need an allready created savegame.

1. Download this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pack...7.zip/download

2. Run EditSF.exe.

3. Open your savegame. (Located here: C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\save_games)

4. Go to: Campaign_Save_Game > Compressed_Data > Campaign_Env > Campaign_Model

5. Change ONLY the 9th value from 20 to 41. The 10th value causes CTD so DON'T CHANGE THAT.

6. HIT ENTER and the number turns red.

7. Save the file, give it some time until it turns black again and close EditSF.exe.

8. Load the savegame and play!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rome2 2014-10-21 13-11-05-38.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 12-57-45-44.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 12-57-21-34.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 12-53-47-21.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 12-53-24-45.jpg  

rome2 2014-10-21 12-52-41-32.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 12-52-31-17.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 12-51-46-57.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 13-12-49-87.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 13-11-53-63.jpg  

Last edited by dmboss; October 21, 2014 at 07:56 AM.

Default Re: Fight like a man (FLAM) for DEI

I don't have the pc to even test this so i can only speculate on what happens in game.
    So if I understand, you can now have 80 stacks enter a battle instead of 40. That is insane, how long does it take to play out a battle like that? Especially with more defense this adds.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirTW View Post
    I don't have the pc to even test this so i can only speculate on what happens in game.
    So if I understand, you can now have 80 stacks enter a battle instead of 40. That is insane, how long does it take to play out a battle like that? Especially with more defense this adds.
    Nope, just 41 v 41, but still, twice as much than before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rome2 2014-10-21 13-05-50-55.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 13-08-00-17.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 13-10-35-50.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 13-10-44-28.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 13-09-31-12.jpg  

rome2 2014-10-21 12-58-39-19.jpg   rome2 2014-10-21 13-11-05-38.jpg  
    Last edited by dmboss; October 21, 2014 at 07:54 AM.

Upload somewhere other than the Steam workshop please.

Barune's Avatar Miles

Just an FYI unit packs may be compatible with this submod but they are not compatible with DEI itself, Adding unit packs will unbalance unit stats even worse then they currently are (Patiently awaiting Kam's 1.0 Rebalance.)

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

I think Flem is a better name
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

It's available on Mediafire now.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Good work!
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

Ive given it a shot, not bad, feels a bit fast paced as i usually run ancient warfare but it sure is nice to have the huge battles.

amyone can explain how much better AI in campaign is ?

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Battle: Have you ever realized that the AI is allready exhausted by the time it's units meet yours? Not this time. Also, the battle is way slower, so the AI has more time to act. Campaign: The AI factions won't die as easily due to way more resources because of their armies cost way less. Also when the AI loses a major battle, it can still win the war by recruiting armies of fresh troops quickly. I LOST one campaign (playing as Rome) to Massilia !!! I invaded them with something around 32000 men and lost a major battle. I then couldn't defend Itally for too long and in like 15 turns I only had Cosentia.

Difficulty: Campaign: Very Hard, Battle: Normal.

Can you make a 20 unit army version? Or maybe 21

What are the casualty rates like in this?

How does this affect reinforcement mechanics? Do they now have to come in piecemeal or can you even have a 80 unit per faction battle now? I just wish CA would implement tabs so I could switch between armies and take off the limiter completely (while leaving this officially unsupported I guess)

Having an issue opening the save_game. I can see it clearly in the (The Creative Assembly\Rome2\save_games) folder but PFM cannot see it and therefore I can not alter it.
    I have version 3.2.1 PFM.
    I seem to think that the file is hidden, but this cannot be as I can see it in the save_game folder.

And suggestions?

Forgive me, I have figured it out now.

Does this work with Faster battles/movement by KAM 2150?

Does the AI produce full stacks everytime if the have the time?

Hello,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the number of soldiers per unit is very low (around 84 soldiers for a normal unit). Is there a way to have units of 240 soldiers?

Thank you

Thank you very much for this awesome mod! I wont be able to return to the old way of playing with 20 slots per army.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by moha338 View Post
    Hello,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the number of soldiers per unit is very low (around 84 soldiers for a normal unit). Is there a way to have units of 240 soldiers?

Thank you
    Increase the in game unit size done in options

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast