Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Version 0.98 Preview

KEA's Avatar Senator

Default Version 0.98 Preview

A few glimpses on the next version of PI2.

Imported settlements from DBM:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cisalpina Screen3.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	315792

NB: this doesn't fix the problem with the floating walls. Still working on it fixed that too

Imported models from DBM:

Name:	Cisalpina Screen4.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	216.0 KB 
ID:	315793

No more RTW units. The new version even has more units than prior ones.

Fixed map in Northern Italy

Name:	Cisalpina Screen1.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	463.8 KB 
ID:	315794Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cisalpina Screen2.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	441.4 KB 
ID:	315795

The Po river was placed wrong while all settlement north of it ended up in the Alps leaving a huge blank space on the Milan plains. Fixed that by changing the Po and some tributaries into true rivers, sticking to the correct runs. I have then placed the cities where they belonged to. As a result there will be a much better playing ground in Cisalpina without the need of adding new provinces. I also made the lakes visible.

---------------------------
    Update 12/19/2014

I have made all Gallic factions playable:

Apuani
    Ingauni
    Taurini
    Senones
    Boii
    Insubres
    Cenomani
    Rhaeti
    Veneti

The Celts now also have their own factional buildings, a unique system of recruitment, a "uniter" script, and their own "cursus honorum". I will expalin the details in a seperate preview when Beta testing is completed.

Next will be the implementation of Incursio Pyrrhi and a complete revision of the Hellenic factions.
    Last edited by KEA; December 19, 2014 at 03:48 PM.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Version 0.97 Preview

No more RTW units.... Well that's the end of an era . Rome 2 - as it is from patch 14 and afterwards - put the final coffin nail for the old TW games/engines in my book, but it's always nice to see mods like this continue! Truth be told, I barely touched EB2 because of the final patches for Rome 2.... Aaaahhh.... What the heck! Times are changing .

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Fantastic KEA

KEA's Avatar Senator

updated first post (fixed the problems with siege battles)

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great work!! PI can be (and i believe it will) one of the best mods for total war games. The work that has been done so far is of the highest quality.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    updated first post (fixed the problems with siege battles)
    very well!

Semisalis

Hi, won't this be 0.98 rather than 0.97?

Also, is it possible to make the map more wrinkly? It is a little flat in places. I am not talking about moving settlements or changing mountains just adding more low level features to the flat bits
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Col.KanKrusha View Post
    Hi, won't this be 0.98 rather than 0.97?
    Yes, fixed that, thank you

Also, is it possible to make the map more wrinkly? It is a little flat in places. I am not talking about moving settlements or changing mountains just adding more low level features to the flat bits
    In fact the map has too many heights, or is too high in some regions. That was the reason for the trouble with battlemaps: when the spot the battle if fought on is higher than 85 we get problems, such as entirely flat battle maps, floating walls and black radar maps. The PI map has accessable spots with well of 185 in heights. I have fixed that for places with towns, but you still might end up on such a spot in a normal land battle. This would require a major overhaul of the entire map.

I am indeed planning that because I am also not entirely happy with the fact that you cannot build roads in many places because of the map. But not for this version.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Version 0.98 Preview

updated first post

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Glad to hear about the updating the celtic factions. I had a great delight to play as various cisalpine tribes in PI1.

Really enjoyed to know that you are continuing the great work KEA !
    + rep of course

See you around mate.

Skyn0s - Seb
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Please don't hit me- can we know the estimated date of arrival? Probably this will be not compatible with v.97.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post
    Please don't hit me- can we know the estimated date of arrival?
    No chance, because I don't even know what I will be packing into this version. Most likely the rework of the Celts and Hellenics, but I also have some advanced plans with traits and ancillaries.

Probably this will be not compatible with v.97.
    No, definitely not. The new version even features a new version of the map, for a start.

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

Hi,
    I am not sure, if this is the right thread, but I would like to know, if the moders plan more factions within the campaign in later versions of this modification?
    It would be a shame not to use the 14 free slots in my eyes.

Regards!
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Magnus View Post
    Hi,
    I am not sure, if this is the right thread, but I would like to know, if the moders plan more factions within the campaign in later versions of this modification?
    It would be a shame not to use the 14 free slots in my eyes.
    I think all slots are already in use, but a lot of factions do not appear in the game - until now. For the next version I already have added all Celts (including Ligurians, Rhaetians and Venetians) that had been in PI1. Of Greeks there are five of which three are actually in the game (Syracusae, Greek Cities and Philosophers). The Phocaeans and Epirus are not implemented. The Philosophers can go for a true Greek faction what would allow splitting the current Greek Cities into three factions, plus Epirus. Than we have some Italic factions that are there but haven't made it into game so far, such as Picenum. I will take a closer look at the Italics in the next following version (0.99) in order to have a final faction list for 1.0

You are doing a great job!!! keep up ...

KEA's Avatar Senator

Thank you. I am ATM working on something different. I think I'll complete the other mod within the next month (as time permits) and will return to PI thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    Thank you. I am ATM working on something different. I think I'll complete the other mod within the next month (as time permits) and will return to PI thereafter.
    Really good idea!

Libertus

Hello KEA!
    I and comrade Avtoсrator would like to help with completion KEA fashion Paeninsula Italica. I could do stats units and ballansom and Avtokrator card. I have some thoughts on changing fashion in favor of historicity. Autocrator helped Morfeasniokos make it sabmod about the invasion of Pyrrhus. Now Autocrator not have access to stored files. If you need our help and ideas, write. We are working on the forum http://imtw.ru/topic/2353-paeninsula-italica-097-mtw2/ Sorry for my bad English.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ZSV View Post
    Hello KEA!
    I and comrade Avtoсrator would like to help with completion KEA fashion Paeninsula Italica. I could do stats units and ballansom and Avtokrator card. I have some thoughts on changing fashion in favor of historicity. Autocrator helped Morfeasniokos make it sabmod about the invasion of Pyrrhus. Now Autocrator not have access to stored files. If you need our help and ideas, write.
    Sounds good, please go ahead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast