Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Viking Conquest DLC

Default Viking Conquest DLC

From the creators of the popular “Brytenwalda” mod, we present to you “Viking Conquest”, an upcoming DLC for Mount & Blade Warband! This single and multi player DLC brings Mount & Blade to historical Dark Age Britain, complemented by authentic scenes and cultures. The DLC a story mode with a complex plot, where choices have real consequences, as well as a standard sandbox mode in an all new setting, with expanded options and controls. Online battling also takes on its own flavour, with special modes like Coastal Assault and Warlord.

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/VikingConquest

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Cant wait for it, its made by Brytenwalda devs after all, pretty much the best MB mod! (at least in my opinion).

Though it is weird they are making a DLC for a game that will have its sequel, apparently, less than a year. One could expect they'd go Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm way and have Brytenwalda develop the DLC for Bannerlord and have it released real quick after MB2 is itself released.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Viking Conquest DLC

Knew it was coming but I'm delighted with this announcement.

Features

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    CAMPAIGN

• Living world that evolves around you, with historical and random events, as well as the actions of the player all contributing.

• Detailed map including the British Isles, Denmark and Norway.

• More than 300 new cities, castles, villages and special scenes to discover, explore, conquer and plunder.

• Scenes, many based on archeological information, that allow the player to enjoy the true beauty of the Dark Ages.

• 21 Kingdoms and 6 unique cultures.

• More than 200 historical characters and 100 extra NPCs: Kings, Lords, Ladies, bards, priests and many others. Meet legendary figures like Ivar the Boneless or his bother Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye, royalty like Harald, later known as FairHair, or Aelfred of Wessex.

• A Dark and harsh world, where laws are weak and men forge legends.

• A story mode where the player will be part of a complex plot involving political conspiracy, during the time the sons of Ragnar were leading their Great Heathen Army through Britain. An immersive game style with choice and consequence, romance, betrayal, moments of greatness and ruin.

• A sandbox mode, the classic Mount&Blade system, where goals are determined by the player, but with all the richness and options offered by the new setting.

• A system of character creation complete with personality and background options that will affect how the player relates to the world around him and the characters within it.

• Completely new art work to immerse you like never before in the Viking world.
    • More than 15 possible companions, with deep interaction and different personalities. Sometimes their conflicts will force you to use cunning and diplomacy.

• A complex religion system with two faiths, The Norse Gods and Christianity, with monasteries, special NPCs and parties. Religion will be a important factor in the game that will affect the player's interactions even within their own party.

• Naval travel and warfare, a key feature to really make the setting complete.
    • Build, buy and even name your own ships.
    • Several historical types of boats: Knorr, Snekkja, Karvi. Each has its own characteristics, which are also affected by the quality of the materials, with which it was constructed.
    • Battles can range from simple robbery to massive naval conflicts between huge fleets laden with warriors, all in dynamic battles where you can pilot your own boat, adjusting for factors such as wind, waves, and weather.

• Coastal assault! You can lead your boat or your fleet in rapid assaults from the sea.

• And more: waves, storms, the option to create your own Viking expedition or hire a ship for travel.

• Complex camp system with foraging, camp events, and special companion dialogs. There is also the option to build your own refuge, hire staff for it, and populate it with the wives and children of your troops...

• A battle system based on what we know historically about warfare in the Viking Age.

• Morale and battle psychology (berserkers, panic, cowardice, rage, hatred…)
    • Different kinds of troops: permanent companion soldiers or landed classes called to war for specific situations.
    • Formations: Scildweall (shield wall), ranks, square, and wedge formations
    • Tactic camera for an overview of the battlefield.
    • Improved AI.
    • Special units such as clerics, horn blowers, standard bearers and more.
    • Wounds, stamina and critical hit system.
    • Detailed siege warfare system, with options to reduce a defender by hunger or morale, or by direct assault. With hard choices, plagues and famines, coastal assaults.
    • Inmersive soundtrack and sounds.

MULTI PLAYER

• Several factions to choose from including Vikings, Saxons, Irish Gaels and Picts.
    • Immersive multi player scenes.
    • Massive multi player battles.
    • Special units are also present in multi player.
    • Multitude of modes including dynamic sea battles, coastal assaults, warlords, deathmatch, team deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Knew it was coming but I'm delighted with this announcement.
    What are you, a witch?

Well yeah i already knew too. At the taleworlds forum people posted a week ago a link to a page in Steamdb which had a line saying "Viking Conquest -dlc".
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Well actually the Brytenwalda team announced several months ago on their forums that something big was coming on the horizon and most people felt that a Viking Age mod was the most logical step. What I didn't see coming was that it would be a DLC and they'd be, as I assume they are, working directly with Taleworlds.

Still can't understand why it's being called a DLC. If it costs money it sounds far better than Warband.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    If it costs money it sounds far better than Warband.
    If the dev team manages to incorporate all these promised features, then VC will be like Warband on steroids. I'm fairly confident the DLC will meet everyone's expectations, considering that it's being developed by highly respected members of the M&B modding community (including Adorno, who is also a local moderator here), and not by some random company.

I just hope they make a DLC for Bannerlord as well.

Dont think it will happen. Probably the first DLC to Bannerlord wont be about vikings, no reason to launch it so close to VC. Though if taleworlds moves in the same way it will take a while for them to launch a DLC to Bannerlord. Not because of them, but because it will take a while until a free mod, whatever it is about, gets polished enough and played by most. Only then they seem to get in touch with the mod team and make a dlc about it.

But i'd be happy if there was a day 1 dlc called Napoleonic Wars 2.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Wow!! Siege Coastal battles, sea elements, build boats, and a great load of other features!!!

Practically a new game and it's only a dlc. Definitely a company that cares for its fanbase.

I too am surprised that the game still have this development, after all it is the second title in the Mount and blade series with a 3rd one present and becoming a 4th series with bannerlord.

I would consider the third one to be just be a stand alone DLC, considering the only thing it adds is guns, and as we all know that can easily be modded into Warband.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

The fire and sword one?

There is also Caribbean coming out.... they got a solid series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    The fire and sword one?
    Yes. Never really saw it as a real sequel, seeing as many mods I feel did more things better.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Interesting....l
    [emoji12]
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

Very nice to hear that a company like taleworlds respect the modding community, and the Player choose, i think that DarthVader chose the wrong game after all .
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

Artifex

These features sound impressive and this mod could even rival "Sword of Damocles". I especially like the improved AI, the religion, naval warfare and proper formations.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

"Sword of Damocles"? Have to check that, thanks for the hint, Destin.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Well I guess I have to budget in this one.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Švejk View Post
    I just hope they make a DLC for Bannerlord as well.
    Bannerlord needs to be out first before even any DLC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast