Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [DEI 0.96] Slower Battle Mod

Default Re: [DEI 0.96] Slower Battle Mod

Hi, Mesthione. Could you release a version including Mester's changes, but without the changes at barbarian spacing? I like his changes, but it makes barbarians way too powerful (they surround the enemy units, attacking from all sides)! Belive me, I main play Suebi, I know what I am talking about.
    Last edited by Alexandre Lange; December 15, 2014 at 03:15 PM.

Yes, I'll release it along with a few other updates either tonight or tomorrow.

Many thanks! I asked Mester to release a version of his mod with vanilla arcs/angles for ranged weapons, maybe you could include that here too?
    Last edited by Alexandre Lange; December 16, 2014 at 07:08 PM.

Uploaded the version without barbarian unit spacing changes. Haven't encountered any problems with 16.1....yet.

Many thanks, man!

1) You miss melee_secondary_attack_probability = 0 at kv_rules_tables (it is = 1 at your tables). It is important part of the Mester's mod to eliminate the weird 'killed by an invisble blow' animation.
    2) Combat actually becomes faster for me with your mod. Probably because I always use ranged units and place them at emenies' rear as soon as the enemies' melee and cavalry are engaged, so I managed to get a big morale impact and huge amount of kills. Anyway, I removed the projectiles changes you have made: ranged units are already lethal in my playstyle, they become too powerful with your tweaks (as Lusitani, my slingers used to get 250-300 kills every battle; and I have 8 units of them in a full stack).

Thanks for the melee secondary attack finding, I must have missed that. I uploaded another version with some fixes.

As for the projectile strength, I was actually considering INCREASING it...so your comments are actually quite the rebuff. I honestly think it's your playstyle, as compared to vanilla DEI unit HP is doubled, but projectile strength is only increased by 50% and ammunition has not been changed at all. I focus balance around normal DEI unit sizes, so keep that in mind.

But I really appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming if you play with this mod more.

Did you update the no spacing version too?

For my information: there is another way to endure units besides give it more hp? It works, but it is strange regarding missile weapons: at first they take a heavy load of fire and none falls, and after some time they start to fall all together. Anyway, we can consider it the wounds that don't take the guy away from combat imediately, but after some time he can't take anymore. Just to learn something, actually.

EDIT: still melee_secondary_attack_probability = 1 at your new version.
    Last edited by Alexandre Lange; December 20, 2014 at 04:19 PM.

That's weird, I must have accidentally uploaded the wrong one. Fixed now, and updated the no spacing as well.

Yeah, there are three ways to change battle length: Increase HP, decrease hit change, or decrease damage. Increasing HP tends to cause the effect you mention, which is why I increased projectile damage to compensate. However, you should notice on vanilla that the effect is largely the same: First no units die as you wear out their armour and shields, then they start falling like flies. I'm not sure if there is a better way to do this, I basically inherited this mod from the old bullgod mod and have been keeping it running since.

I'm open to suggestions, but the HP increase really lends itself to a patch-friendly mod and one that isn't too difficult to keep updated.

Senator

Is it or will it be made compatible with DeI 1.0?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12