Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [DEI 0.96] Slower Battle Mod

Default [DEI 0.96] Slower Battle Mod

Slower Battle Mod

0.96 version of my slower battle mod. This only changes in-battle stuff, and has no changes to the campaign or elsewhere.

The most notable change in this version from 0.95 is an increase in missile damage, and a new animations table I so graciously adapted from Bubba's wonderful slow battle alternative.

THIS MOD BRINGS YOU:

-Slower battles with a more prolonged melee.
    -Morale system tweaked slightly to compensate, but still overall retains the dynamic DEI flavour.
    -Unit fatigue altered to compensate for longer battles.
    -Combat animations are way more fluid.

OVERALL: This mod retains everything you love about DEI while providing slightly increased battle length for those of you who prefer the increased opportunity for tactics, unit-cycling, reserves, and the like.

DOWNLOAD

1. v6 Slow Battle mod with Mester's historically accurate animation changes (RECOMMENDED VERSION)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/gs...ttleBeta6.pack

2. Slow Battle mod with Mester's historically accurate animation changes but without his barbarian spacing mod
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/y0...leBeta6ns.pack

If you like his changes but want faster battles, see Mester's fantastic mod here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...for-barbarians

3. Slow Battle mod WITHOUT Mester's animation changes
    https://www.mediafire.com/?7zo4nw89010n67b

TO INSTALL:

Download, put in data folder. Using the mod manager place this above DEI. That is all!

Hope you guys enjoy, feedback is always appreciated.

Changelog:

12/20/2014: Tweaked secondary attack probability, changed some projectile morale effects
    12/17/2014: Added no unit spacing version, so far there doesn't seem to be a compatibility problem with 16.1
    11/11/2014: Updated merged version for Mester's visually accurate battles v4
    11/07/2014: Now offering a merged version with Mester's visually accurate historical battle for better combat action! Still has the same pace as the original. See the download section!

Thanks to:
    MESTER for his awesome animation mod and helping me identify merging updates
    BullGod for his original implementation of the slower battle mod
    The Creative Assembly for my favorite series
    YOU, for playing this game, you sexy beast
    Last edited by Mesthione; December 20, 2014 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Updating mod

Default Re: [DEI 0.96] Slower Battle Mod

CREDITS:
    Credit to Bullgod for his original implementation of this mod, for which I have just updated since he discontinued it.

Also, thank you for Bubba, his animation table edits were spot on! If you want slow battles and also an authentic feel with campaign changes, please check out his Ancient Battle Realism mod here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...update-release

Thanks for the update!

Is this mod save game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by muchandmore View Post
    Is this mod save game compatible?
    I'm wondering about the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy View Post
    I'm wondering about the same thing.
    Yep!

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Great mod!!

I've got something simmilar.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...(FLAM)-for-DEI

I just had an victorious epic battle lasting 40+ minutes in the woods. Aftermatch battleline was scary. Thank you!

K.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulivlad View Post
    I just had an victorious epic battle lasting 40+ minutes in the woods. Aftermatch battleline was scary. Thank you!

K.
    I'm thrilled that you are enjoying it! My longest was a multi-phase siege defense where I had to fall back to the inner walls, lasted nearly 50 minutes but it was epic and tactically gripping. Most steamroll battles are much, much, shorter for anyone else reading, but evenly matched stacks can slug it out for quite some time, especially with reinforcements.

Now offering merged version with Mester's visually accurate historical battles.

SilverCohort's Avatar Civis

Version 4 More visually historicaly accurate battles

SilverCohort's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKS View Post
    Version 4 More visually historicaly accurate battles
    IS out Please update

I should have the updated version out tomorrow evening once I return to my desktop and have access to the files and editor.

Updated with Mester's v4 changes

This sub mod is fantastic - hell, this DeI is fantastic - just had my first 60 min battle defending a town. Really well done!

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 LGA
    COOLING (AIR): Vigor Monsoon III PSU: CORSAIR TW750W
    RAM: G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    VIDEO: EVGA GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
    SOUND: Creative X-Fi Fatality Platinum HARD DRIVE(S): WD500 7200RPM x 2
    DVD/CD/ROM/RW: LITE-ON x 2
    CASE: Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evolution Aluminum Full Tower ATX & BTX Case
    KEYBOARD: Logitech® G15 MOUSE: Logitech® MX518

Mesthione can you check your inbox please? Thanks

K.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Would you consider implementing friendly fire for cavalry charges as Para Bellum has done?
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster View Post
    Would you consider implementing friendly fire for cavalry charges as Para Bellum has done?
    No promises, as I'm unsure how they implemented that feature but I'll take a look through their pack.

Decanus

I've just experimented with this also and I totally agree. This mod really brings DeI to a high level. I wonder if the team is paying attention and hopefully considering these values for DeI 1.0.

One thing I would suggest for this though, is that morale could be tweaked to produce some instances where troops retreat but recover, this hasn't happened at all in my experiments so far.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by La Tene View Post
    I've just experimented with this also and I totally agree. This mod really brings DeI to a high level. I wonder if the team is paying attention and hopefully considering these values for DeI 1.0.

One thing I would suggest for this though, is that morale could be tweaked to produce some instances where troops retreat but recover, this hasn't happened at all in my experiments so far.
    Paying attention? I think the devs have more than enough to think about also considering that they are redoing the entire battle system of the game. No doubt this is a good submod but at some point I dont think it considers the same amount of stuff that KAM and Gunny has creating their version of battles in DeI. And not all want the battles to be slower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast