Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Increased Naval and Transport Movement

Default [Official Submod] Increased Naval and Transport Movement

This submod increases the range of movement for navies and transports. It will probably be included in the main mod at some point, but I wanted people to be able to test it/give feedback.

Here is the submod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9z...ovesubmod.pack

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Official Submod] Increased Naval and Transport Movement

So this doesn't army movement? Found a workaround?

This only affects transports and navies.

I put it in the data folder and activated it in the launcher, but the transport ships are still as slow as always.

This isn't the biggest issue, but if you put a navy into double time, the range actually shortens by about half. Not sure if you can ever fix the double time problems, but this extended the range of my transports by almost 3 times, so double time would be excessive at that point. Thanks, Dresden!!! Glad it doesn't take my armies years in game to go anywhere now.

Bernardo, be sure you don't have any other mods that might be effecting the same files. Load up the unofficial launcher and see if there are conflicts. It should have none... if there are any, then disable them and test it out. Working fine for me... no conflicting files.

Double time is actually being removed from the mod in 1.0. I would remove it in 0.96 but then people who have navies in save games in that stance would be stuck in it.

The only other mod I use is Divide et Impera 0.96.

Thank you Takarazuka for trying to help. It works great. The only problem was me being an idiot. All I tried was drawing a path at sea with my land units. It seems that they get their additional movement points at sea only when they enter the transport ships. I`m sorry for wasting your time.

Dresden, thank you very much for your great work on Divide et Impera and several Submods! With this Submod my biggest remaining issue with Rome 2 has gone!
    May I ask how you changed the transport ship movement points? I`d like to increase their travelling speed even more, but unfortunately I don`t know how to tweak it.

Its under effect bundles to effect junctions in the submod.

Thank you very much Dresden! You`re the Best!

With this submod army stances are not working properly for me. For example I can not switch to raiding stance despite having %70-80 of movement points.

cannot recruit too ,actualy all other stance is grey cannot click on them and if you are docking you get a masiv movment point on land
    Doking in neapolis and i reach massilia in same turn

Damn That is unfortunate. I guess back to the drawing board then.

Yea I was going to post some of the issues I had come across... same as the other two with issues on the inability to change stance unless you have 100% movement points and you cannot recruit unless you have 100% movement points (that one is just odd). Also seeing the issue with the double movement points on land after docking.

I need to check the settings, but after I upgraded to the latest version of DEI, the transports don't seem to move as far as they were earlier. Prior, I was able to move from say Brundisium all the way up to dock near Patavium in a single turn. Now, I can move about a little less than half that amount. Would someone test and see how far they can move in a single turn using two settlements as the waypoints? Would like to see if something changed... I don't have any conflicts with the file so I am at a loss.

Possibly some of the issues can be solved possibly by adding the effect to all the army stances. However, I think the docked double movement points might be the game ender for this submod unfortunately.

Going to do some fiddling around see if I can change anything.

g..g..game ender?
    that sucks if true. i hope there is a way a to add this properly because its so much more fun when the AI gives a threat of naval invasion.

I know, I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix transports. This submod has too many bugs to be useful so I will be unstickying it.

The problem is that you can increase land movement and add a penalty to armies on land using either seasons, the terrain tables or even custom effects. However, there seems to be a limit as to how much you can actually use this method for some reason.

gdwitt's Avatar Semisalis

Guys, I fixed this last June and it is on workshop here.
    This mod depends on an unused effect called
    rom_tech_module_military_tactics

that was apparently not assigned to anything else in the game.

The negatives: It raises with land movement costs, but this is fixed as soon as the first military tech is researched.
    Also, agents don't go as far. I tried to increase agent movement points, but they seem to have a cap.

I would welcome feedback on how to optimize the road movement points for DEI.

I can't upload it here because my uploads to twcenter upload manager all fail.
    Advice for this is welcome as well.
    Last edited by gdwitt; November 02, 2014 at 11:53 AM. Reason: I fixed this last June and it is on workshop here.

Rather than using it as a tech you could try assigning the tech effect to all difficulties in the difficulty table to see if that works as well.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Just wondering is this now a part of the main mod and will it ever be?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast