Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: OPEN ALPHA release | DOWNLOAD v0.85 |

Default Re: OPEN ALPHA release | DOWNLOAD v0.85 |

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    SS6.4 converted into Titanium Method:
    1-Rename "SS6.3" mod folder to "Titanium_Alpha"
    2-Extract 7z content into M2TW "mods" folder using 7-zip and accept to overwrite
    Effectively merging both Titanium_Alpha folders
    3-Run TITANIUM_SETUP.bat inside the Titanium_Alpha folder
    this method is much faster than the other.

Meloo, with all due respect, I know about the install instructions on the first post, but that is for an installation over a clean SS6.3 (or 6.4 w/e) install without SSHIP or any other mods right? I have SSHIP and I don't want to lose it if possible. Can I simply create a new folder next to my existing SS6.3 folder which has SSHIP installed with it and name it SS6.3(2) ? And install Titanium there? It doesn't sound right to me. I am terribly sorry if this is simple and I haven't understood it yet... but please help.

I think what I want is the stand alone installation method, but it says the setup.bat will copy "the necessary files" from SS6.4.... if I have SSHIP previously installed over SS6.4 won't this cause conflict? It will copy files that haven been modify by my SSHIP installation correct? So... how is it possible to have both mods separately?

I guess you'll have to install SS6.4 again and then convert that into Titanium using the method 2 from the OP, since it will install by default into a SS6.3 your copy with SSHIP inside /SS6.4/ folder shouldn't be affected.

really like this mod, is there a way to play without the added units? the unit cards dont fit in at all.

when i did the installation there was a folder ss6.3 left inside the titanium folder what do i do wtih it is it supposte be like that

Definitively not supposed to be like that, you can try reinstall and reading the steps by steps again, I hope it works the next time....i'll be around to help as much as I can

Will this stuff be added in soon?
    Proper Abbasid, Obotrite and Zirid Rosters
    Most Paleologos' unit models.
    War of the West (Lord Hamilton's) units.
    Steel Crescent units.
    Caudillo87's units.
    HURB Obotrites and Abbasids roster changes
    Most Beermugcarl's AI improvements
    Factions new emblem/symbols.
    Some Strat map new models and textures.
    New Sky textures
    Garrison Script
    Sappers Script
    High and Late Era campaigns

Is it a matter of mod author permission? Really wanna see the all those awesome units in the mod.

*Proper Abbasid, Obotrite and Zirid Rosters
    * HURB Obotrites and Abbasids roster changes
    Hmmm well let's say that eventually, we are kinda undermanned

* Most Paleologos' unit models.
    yes most of them are in and adding more soon

* War of the West (Lord Hamilton's) units.
    * Steel Crescent units.
    * Caudillo87's units.
    About these 3, the models haven't been added partly because of lazyness

* Most Beermugcarl's AI improvements
    I think this is already done, I remember adding parts of it but not sure if most

* Factions new emblem/symbols.
    I've added some new ones but they could be much better, like a complete overhaul replacing the actual shields with something fancier but has the lowest of priorities TBH

* Some Strat map new models and textures.
    partly done, the terrain textures are new and there are some characters done too but still way too much to do

* New Sky textures
    yep already in

* Garrison Script
    possibly, has kinda low priority...and I fear it might increase turn times too much so will probably be an addon

* Sappers Script
    unlikely :/ too much hassle and gsthoed disappeared

* High and Late Era campaigns
    the 1300 campaign is being worked for next release

Have you considered changing up the building and troop recruitment turn number?

Is it me, or is there something wrong with the merchants? They never seem to gain experience and in some cases loose what experience they have, becoming absolutely worthless.

Have you considered changing up the building and troop recruitment turn number
    After the next release there will be an overhaul of recruitment and building, aiming something similar to what HURB and EBII have, there will be some changes in the # turns they take, however pool replenishment rates might remain mostly the same.

Is it me, or is there something wrong with the merchants? They never seem to gain experience and in some cases loose what experience they have, becoming absolutely worthless.
    Haven't checked the trait triggers but there might be something wrong there

@Melooo182 when is the projected date for the next release?

Sorry guys Late Era campaign won't be in next release...again.
    Because of RL reasons if I don't release a version in the following days it would have to wait till December, so upcoming v0.9 will be about much more improved 12th.C campaigns along a lot of other minor details that should make the experience more enjoyable.
    Hopefully for late December we'll be getting that 1300AD campaign fully playable.

PRE-RELEASE LINK TITANIUM v0.9

DOWNLOAD

let me know if the link works and if the file can be decompressed using 7zip/Winrar without any problem
    BTW this is a Stand Alone so doesn't require previous versions nor SS6.4

Installation is as simple as extracting the content of Titanium.7z in M2TW's mods folder and then run .../mods/Titanium/SS_setup.exe for configuring your campaign and submod options.
    Steam users might have to rename the mod folder to Americas or whatever in order to work...I'll try to cover a proper installation with steam for the definitive v0.9 release.

Thanks

Works fine at my end of the world. Is it safe to assume installation is the same as 0.85?

Actually installation is much simpler than v0.85, now you just need to drop the Titanium folder in M2TW's mods folder and run the SS_setup.exe, I think it's even possible to play 1100AD campaign outright without any extra config.

I just read your reply. Will attempt to do it correctly this time.

Previously, I installed SS6.3 & 6.4 changed the SS6.3 folder name to Titanium0.9. I copied the Titanium folder contents overwriting the SS files. This was obviously incorrect.

I selected the setup and the 1220 scenario and the submods and attempted to launch. It CTD'd and the system log gave me this information:

11:10:51.700 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    11:10:51.700 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    11:10:51.731 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    11:10:51.778 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    11:10:51.793 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    11:10:51.809 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    11:10:51.825 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    11:10:51.840 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    11:11:01.821 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Titanium0.9/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 735, column 18
    Unrecognised mount type 'early heavy horse'.
    11:11:01.821 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/Titanium0.9/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Rick; August 20, 2017 at 10:23 AM.

As I said, Titanium v0.9 is a completely stand alone mod, no need of previous version of Titanium or Stainless Steel
    There is no 1220 campaign for Titanium, at least not yet , 1300AD campaign has been delayed for december