Thread: Spreading your dynasty

Default Spreading your dynasty

So, right now I'm the king of Burgundy. I started with the Duchy of Upper Burgundy ruled by the Welfs. So after about 30-40 years I'm the King. It was pretty hard, because of the Karling dynasty, but Plotting proved useful.

So my question now is, how do I spread my dynasty, the Welfs to other duchies and Kingdoms ? Through matrilineal marriage ? In my last campaign I had one other duchy ruled, by a member of my dynasty, but I can't remember how I did that.

Default Re: Spreading your dynasty

You marry your sons of to some princesses and then kill some princes.

Or you can do the matrilineal thing and then kill some princes.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Spreading your dynasty

what he said. A side effect of it is that you will end up with family members who have claims, usually weak ones, on the kingdoms/realms you married them out to. Which can be quite fun. I had a playthrough in spain, to get some achievements. (mainly the 3 empresses and the 1066-1453 playthrough). A hundred years in i didnt pay too much attention (since ironman save times are really hard), but in 1383 this was the result:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...A75E9F9BE39E1/

I inherited/claimed france, denmark and byzantium myself, but scotland, hungary, lotharingia and hungary were all claims pushed for a family member (so they became my vassal).