Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Snowing!!!!

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Default Snowing!!!!

Its snowing like crazy here in Alexandria,Ontario,Canada (1 hour from Ottawa) like crazy I have only seen early snow fall like this in 1997 when I was a wee child. I'm also wondering if its snowing anywhere else.
    Last edited by Romanos; October 20, 2006 at 04:50 PM.
    Under the Great and Honorable Patronage of Fabolous
    Patron (father) of Sir Matthias and ForgottenImmortal
    Grandson of Lucius Veronus
    Member of S.I.N
    Sept 2003 - 2004 - 2nd Generation Jun 23 2004 (25-Feb)

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: Snowing!!!!

We are having a ridiculously warm october, I could feel the sun was strong enough to burn on October the 17th. Absolutely unbelievable.

Peter

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo
    We are having a ridiculously warm october, I could feel the sun was strong enough to burn on October the 17th. Absolutely unbelievable.

Peter
    Its only 3 degrees here. Sucks to be in the Isles I guess.
    Member of S.I.N

Poaring down with rain, occasional thunder cloads, full blown storm out there over the past few days. 10ft swell though, so not all is lost!

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by rome ac
    Its only 3 degrees here. Sucks to be in the Isles I guess.
    Honestly it is wierd I feel out of kilter. It's not like I like cold or rain but when things don't happen like they are supposed to it feels wierd.

We have the most odd phenomenon in the UK, whether it be global warming or anything it is definitly there. We do not get heavy snowfalls anymore, and this has changed in a matter or the last ten to twenty years.

I remember when I was a child to teenager we would get snowfall in my area of up to one foot deep or more, icicles and regular freezing temperatures. While it might not neccesarily have gotten warmer (I'm not sure) we certainly don't get the snowfall. I find it odd and I miss it.

Peter

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo
    Peter
    Yea I hate when the weather is not what it suppose to be, like last year I hated my Christmas, it was only -2 on Christmas day that sucks. But for some reason this summer and autumn we've been having very cold weather, but I'm happy getting this cold weather feels like Canada
    Member of S.I.N

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

heh, it's sunny, with a light breeze and about 85. Just right for me.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

The weather system is seriously messed up where i live there suppose to be 10 feet of snow but the trees havent even shed their leaves yet i think one season is missing somewhere
    check my "only 1 settlement" thread

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30259

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    The weather system is seriously messed up where i live there suppose to be 10 feet of snow but the trees havent even shed their leaves yet i think one season is missing somewhere
    Where do you live anywway. :hmmm:
    Member of S.I.N

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

I remember when I was a child to teenager we would get snowfall in my area of up to one foot deep or more, icicles and regular freezing temperatures.
    Its snowing like crazy here in Alexandria,Ontario,Canada (1 hour from Ottawa) like crazy I have only seen snow fall like this in 1997 when I was a wee child.
    Well, we here in New England (Or more specifically, central massachussetts) had our first batch of snow a couple days ago, but it was very small, 2 inches or so. Usually in the winter though, we have harsh winters, much worse than what i've heard of english winters (ok, well southern england , give props to northerners). The coldest i've ever been in is -48F (-44C), though on average, the lowest they get is -32F (-35c) and highest, 20F (-6C) ... yeah, that is a huge amount of variation, but, New England weather, and especially where I live, is just insane in the winter

Though, what's the coldest you've ever had/seen in Canada, must be colder than here, your farther north... I only saw -48 about two years ago, school was cancelled for 2 days, kinda cool... a "cold" day, instead of being cancelled by snow

We (northcentral Montana) just had our second snow of the season a couple days ago. After living in the Bay Area for 14 years I actually enjoy it (even at my ripe old age).

Perry (my 4 yr old) has been, needless to say, ecstatic about this strange new white phenominon falling from the sky.

(On the subject of temps: when I was born in Great Falls in 1969 it was -60 degrees F.)
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; October 20, 2006 at 04:46 PM.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Romanos's Avatar Hey

My coldest winter was -50C about three years ago school was cancel for a week.
    Member of S.I.N

Katrina's Avatar Brrrrrrr...

Snow? Take a picture and show us then silly, I love snow!
    Isn't snowing here, and I don't suspect that it will for another couple months of so. (If even that.) Meh, it's grey and rainy out instead.

20°C here hehe

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Noooooooooooooooooo! We've had a crazy autumn here in Charlotte NC. It's warm one week, and it's freezing the other. But no snow. I would kill for some right now (as I've said countless times)

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by katrina
    Isn't snowing here, and I don't suspect that it will for another couple months of so. (If even that.) Meh, it's grey and rainy out instead.
    True. It has been pouring for the past week, although today is quite nice and warm (55ish fahrenheit).

Lots of clouds to the south though, so the rain will come back.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Buffalo/Niagara region got a lot of snow. They're still recovering from power outages, falling trees, and general damages. A freak mid-october snow storm...

Where I live we only had a light flurry so far. We have had heavy rain, but the high of the day is getting to around 7 degrees celcius, so it won't be long before we get snow.
    People up around Barrie get loads of snow, but the lower GTA usually doesn't, even though we're surrounded by lakes.

Hopefully there won't be rain on Halloween, so the kids get to go out that night without umbrellas.

Quote Originally Posted by JP226
    heh, it's sunny, with a light breeze and about 85. Just right for me.
    Proper weather for October. The temperature here has dropped a bit below what it should be for the moment (its about 75 or so), but itll get back up into the 80s next week.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Quote Originally Posted by katrina
    Here you go but the snow stop falling and it starting to rain so good bye snow.
    Member of S.I.N

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by madburgermaker
    Proper weather for October. The temperature here has dropped a bit below what it should be for the moment (its about 75 or so), but itll get back up into the 80s next week.
    yet another reason why the south is the greatest place on earth to live
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast