Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [ SUBMOD ] Dacian Overhaul(DEI 1.04a)

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [ SUBMOD ] Dacian Overhaul(DEI 1.x)

Getikoi Peleukephoroi have lila shilds in your preview pic
    I really hope that DeI main mod will consider to integrate your mod sometime
    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

Quote Originally Posted by asdfasers View Post
    upper than dei in mod manager

i mean the upgraded spear-throwers s they have unit size as much as max. In my game theyre named "komatoi" (may be cause i have language mod on it cause without it i couldn't see any names of DeI units)

(in augustus campaign)
    that's all i can see with lvl 2 city, barracks, stables and archer's house (forgot true name) and chief's house
    as you can see 2 swordsmen units (and one from chief's house), 2 spermen, 2 archers, 1 slingers, 1 spearthrowers

just didnt see in main campaign nothing new (units) with lvl 2 town and lvl 2 barracks (but old units were reskinned)

also tell me pls how can i edit posts here? ;(

I think you need to have more posts before you can edit them.

1. The spear-throwers are intended to have max unit size. The Agrianians who are also wkirmishers also have this unit size. Although the Komatai have that unit size, they won't hold if faced against pretty much any melee infantry. They're meant to be the "poor-citizens" They carry some spears and whatever weapons they can afford meaning really basic gear, but they make up the majority of the population so hence they're numbers
    They also have less javelins than standard skirmishers so in the end they will throw about as many javelins as any other unit.

2. So there you have the Daoi Pezoi and the Tarabostes Pezoi. They use the unit cards from other units, but the Daoi Pezoi upgrade the axemen anyway. Also you have the Heavy Spearmen, if you go to lvl3 Barracks you will get the Armoured Spearmen which are also better.

3. In the main-campaign before the reforms I believe you have 2 new units. The Tarabostes Pezoi and also from lvl2 barracks you can now recruit spear warriors(Getikoi Doryphoroi) before all you could recruit before the reforms were the Komatai Doryphoroi in terms of spearmen. And after the reforms you get the other units too, same as in the Imperator campaign

Also keep in mind the units have been rebalanced so don't expect the units you had before to act the same way as before.

And Komatai is the correct meaning. I think my mod overrides the language mod, so you get the unit names I gave to the units.
    Last edited by Scarrus; January 22, 2015 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonac View Post
    Getikoi Peleukephoroi have lila shilds in your preview pic
    I really hope that DeI main mod will consider to integrate your mod sometime
    Yes, must be the lighting or something, they look ok in-game

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Oh btw. : You seem to have used an old table for editing your units. for example the pikemen have only 200 men istead of the 256 from the deI fix. also the above amount of men of the skirkisher unit really should be reduced to 175 because in the newest DeI fix agrianeian axemen are also 175 now. so no reason for that also your skirmisher units have a bit to mush weapon damage yes they use the same weapons like your main infantry, however they should not have the same skill and battletactics like mellee units. so I suggest to change the weapons for bow/peltasts unit of your to at least 1 or 2 weapon stats lower (and they will be still supperior in mellee angeinst ader skirmishers ) so either 21 for elite and 19 for normal skirmishers /or even 20/19 elite and 17/18 for normal skirmisher would be even better also the kristai (elite horse archers ) have no horses i think that this was also been solved in the newest version (1.03b WIP patch) but not sure...

And finaly I suggest that you make some nice unit cards for your new melee units I could provide nice screenshoz with GEM for that purpose
    And another suggestion: (is there a possibility to get medium armored falxmen xD that would be nice (but with lower stamina of course)
    cheers!
    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daoi Pezoi.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	271.2 KB 
ID:	320009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ischyroi orditon 1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	350.4 KB 
ID:	320010Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ischyroi orditon 2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	370.2 KB 
ID:	320011
    #1 doir pezoi #2 and 3 ischyroi orditon
    Alexander the Great

also i can add: you nerfed the armor of elite scirmishers (didnt see in battle look) but now they have only 35 armor or about, when it is armor of low-tier spearmen who have only shield and may be cloth armor. but they have better armor (or had before )

Oh btw. : You seem to have used an old table for editing your units. for example the pikemen have only 200 men istead of the 256 from the deI fix. also the above amount of men of the skirkisher unit really should be reduced to 175 because in the newest DeI fix agrianeian axemen are also 175 now. so no reason for that also your skirmisher units have a bit to mush weapon damage yes they use the same weapons like your main infantry, however they should not have the same skill and battletactics like mellee units. so I suggest to change the weapons for bow/peltasts unit of your to at least 1 or 2 weapon stats lower (and they will be still supperior in mellee angeinst ader skirmishers ) so either 21 for elite and 19 for normal skirmishers /or even 20/19 elite and 17/18 for normal skirmisher would be even better also the kristai (elite horse archers ) have no horses i think that this was also been solved in the newest version (1.03b WIP patch) but not sure...

And finaly I suggest that you make some nice unit cards for your new melee units I could provide nice screenshoz with GEM for that purpose
    And another suggestion: (is there a possibility to get medium armored falxmen xD that would be nice (but with lower stamina of course)
    cheers!

I'll update to the new tables as soon as the next official update hits.

Regarding the Komatai. That's eactly the point, they're there to fill in the ranks. As far as skirmishing goes, they're not as good as dedicated peltasts, but can still do the job and as Infantry they are relatively weak but can still get the job done if used correctly. Same goes for the Noble archers. They're good archers and can also pack a punch in melee, but are rather expensive so you won't have them in every army. With the Komatai - You'll probably have some armies with a lot of these guys because you can't afford all your armies to be full of dedicated Noble Swordsmen, so if they're your average skirmisher, you won't stand a chance.
    Maybe I'll add some other dedicated skirmishers so you can have those too. But try it as is, trust me, on the whole your armies won't be overpowered

Maybe you can help me with the unit cards as I have 0 knowledge of photoshop and how to create those, I'd really apreciate it

Armoured Falxmen can be done, yes

@asdfasers

You can compare them to Daoi Doryphoroi. The reason their armor is 35 vs 40 is because they haven't got helmets and a lot of the armor value is also added by the shield. Also look at those spearmen you mentioned how they mostly have helmets and sometimes chainmail instead of just cheap leather. If you mean the Greek spearmen/hoplites/militia, I believe their armor is given by the hoplon more than anything else. But I'll look into it, maybe add a value in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarrus View Post
    Maybe you can help me with the unit cards as I have 0 knowledge of photoshop and how to create those, I'd really apreciate it
    tell me in skype what style icons you want, i never created these but i can do some works in phs.
    skype is same as forum name

i mean it is more comfort to trade files and do chat in skype , but if you dont want you can do letters at forum

How do I install the Submod?

Quote Originally Posted by Nine View Post
    How do I install the Submod?
    Just like Dei. Use the mod manager, just load the mod before Dei

I installed Dei via Steam Workshop. Not with a mod manager

You need to use the mod manager then. Just make sure that my mod is set above Dei in the loading order

Does not work for me. When I activate the mod, it only loads forever and it goes no further.

Use mod manager, official mod manager is useless.

New version with updated tables, new units and further tweaks:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_t...ew?usp=sharing

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Very nice! Thanks in the beginning!
    However I still want to give you my impressions. Some of the new UI unit cards you created with propably asdfasers have quite a differnent stile from original DeI ones. It would be even more awesome if they would fit a bit better! (also that way DeI might consider to implement your work maybe?) Btw: nice new coats and so on
    And what I would also reconsider is on the one hand to reduce armor for shock cav and armored horsearchers a bit (you have DeI values with don't fit in my opinion if compared to similar units.) And I am not sure if the Daoi Komatai Doryphoroi and the normal daoi doriphoroi should have shildwall ability..? that makes them to powerfull in the early stage if compared to celtic units, which were more known for the use of spears at that time. However I think that the late units should of corse have it like you did it in the mod

And just my very personal wish: As always a lightly armored falxmen would be assome (maybe as an extra version of your mod). with 20 armor or so like the kludda swordsmen
    Alexander the Great

Very nice! Thanks in the beginning!
    However I still want to give you my impressions. Some of the new UI unit cards you created with propably asdfasers have quite a differnent stile from original DeI ones. It would be even more awesome if they would fit a bit better! (also that way DeI might consider to implement your work maybe?) Btw: nice new coats and so on
    And what I would also reconsider is on the one hand to reduce armor for shock cav and armored horsearchers a bit (you have DeI values with don't fit in my opinion if compared to similar units.) And I am not sure if the Daoi Komatai Doryphoroi and the normal daoi doriphoroi should have shildwall ability..? that makes them to powerfull in the early stage if compared to celtic units, which were more known for the use of spears at that time. However I think that the late units should of corse have it like you did it in the mod

And just my very personal wish: As always a lightly armored falxmen would be assome (maybe as an extra version of your mod). with 20 armor or so like the kludda swordsmen
    Thanks for the feedback

Whoops, forgot to mention him

He did a great job IMO and it took quite a few days for these new unit cards. A lot of back and forth to make them look more like the DEI ones, but I'm afraid that's all that could be done as we don't know how the original ones were created.

I'm working on a new Falxmen unit, I haven't finished it yet as I wanted it to be something a bit more special, let's see how that goes...

BTW. Can you recruit Daoi Komatai Doryphoroi and Daoi Doryphoroi before the reforms? They are supposed to be reform units.

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Didn't checked it yet, but will do it propably tomorow (Had only time for some custom battles^^)
    Alexander the Great

Nevermind
    Last edited by 50 Pence; February 01, 2015 at 01:38 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast