Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [ SUBMOD ] Dacian Overhaul(DEI 1.04a)

Default [ SUBMOD ] Dacian Overhaul(DEI 1.04a)

This is a Submod for DEI 1.x

The Getae

The Getae were a Dacian tribe who lived on the lower shores and banks of the Danube. They came a lot in contact with the Sarmatians and Skythians but also with the neighbouring Greek states on the black sea shore. They were highly skilled with the bow but also on horseback. They waged war against other Dacian tribes and liked to raid their neighbouring cousins, the Thracians until in 82 b.c. Burebista united all of the Dacian tribes into one Dacian state under his rule.

The Dacians

The Dacians(Daoi) were a people probably of Thracian and Iranian descent but who were divided into different tribes like the Getae, the Biephi, the Peukini, the Carpi, etc.
    There were two main casts in their society, the Comati, being the simple, common people, and the Tarabostes, the Nobles who were also akin to priests, being considered holy. Only the nobles were allowed to wear hats and tunics.

In 82 b.c. Burebista came to reign as king over all Dacian tribes thus creating the first Dacian state which lasted only until 44 b.c. His thirst was for expansion so he began creating a standardised army, in contrast to the disorderly tribal hordes which had been before.

I've modified pretty much all of the units in DEI so they now better reflect these things and also added in two new units of swordsmen to have a more versatile Dacian horde.

There are now three types of units :

• Komatai units which are comprised of comati and are the cheapest, but they usualy have no training, poor gear and are really there to fill in the ranks of an army.
    • Getikoi/Daoi, depending on the reforms, which are mixed warbands of Tarabostes and Comati. The Daoi units also represent the standardisation after the reform. These units are neither cheap nor very expensive and are all good units.
    • Tarabostes, the nobles, the priests. They cost a lot to hire and entertain but also usually carry the best equipment and training. Consider these the elite units.

Also be it through mostly Komatai units or Komatai and Daoi troops, your armies will usually comprise mostly of Comati.

The Units

Komatai Doryphoroi

Simple men and peasants who cannot afford more than a simple spear and basic wooden shield. They have no training and cannot hold their own in battle for long but they are cheap and always readily recruitable from the local pastures and villages.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Komatai Akontistai

Simple farmers and shepherds who throw their self crafted javelins at the enemy. They carry knives and simple wooden bucklers just in case they have to get up close in melee with the enemy.

Komatai
    Reform unit

Comati wielding javelins for skirmishes, and axes, sicas and swords for melee combat. They have no training and will not stand long against serious troops but make decent flanking and skirmishing troops.

Komatai Epilektoi
    Reform unit

Selected men amongst the Comati, these men can stand in battle and can also pose a serious threat to some heavy units. They are armed with celtic swords and sicas, wear leather armour and also carry javelins for skirmishing.

Komatai Toxotai
    Reform unit

Skilled with the bow, these men can hit almost any target. They also carry a short spear to ward off incoming cavalry charges.

Tarabostes Doryphoroi

Noble spearmen. They carry the best armour and spears and are well trained in spear combat. They are very hard to brake if faced on from the front.

Tarabostes Pezoi

Noble warriors. These men are the leaders of their tribe.

Tarabostes Toxotai
    Reform unit

Highly skilled noble archers, well trained and well equiped. Deadly from a distance and deadly up close.

Getikoi Doryphoroi

Joining the ranks of this warband, simple locals, peasants, shepherds but also less wealthy nobles, some of them can afford some simple armor while everybody carries decent enough shields and spears.

Getikoi Peleukephoroi

Nobles, farmers and shepherds form this melee warband. Some of them can afford armor, a celtic sword while others will have to contend with using their bronze axe but overall they are capable of holding the line and dealing some damage. Still, they are no match for heavy troops.

Getikoi Toxotai

Hunting and the bow were very widespread among the Getae. Everybody can use a bow from the King himself to the simplest man. As such, these are skilled bowmen who can do some damage.

Daoi Doryphoroi
    Reform unit

Dacian spearmen, they carry leather armor, bronze helmets and a good spear. Trained to keep their ground and fight in a unit they can take out levy troops on their own and hold heavier units in place making them prone to flanking.

Daoi Pezoi
    Reform unit

Good training, good armour, well crafted sicas and swords, they can stand against heavier units and are devastating when flanking.

Daoi Thorakitai Doryphoroi
    Reform unit

Heavily armoured spearmen with good training. They can take on all but the elite units.

Ischyroi Orditon

Selected Noble warriors for their fisical abilities and fighting skill. This unit is a elite among the elites, just make sure you can afford them.

Drapanai
    Reform unit

Shock troops best used for flanking maneuvers and/or delivering the final devastating blow to a weakend force.

Download Link New Version(12.2.2015):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_t...ew?usp=sharing

Changes:

• DEI 1.04a compatibility
    • New Heavy Falxmen unit "Drapanai Orditon"
    • New Armour
    • New Weapon Models
    • New Dacian Draco Standard
    • New Generals
    • Further balancing and tweaking to better fit DEI

*uses models and textures from CIU
    Last edited by Scarrus; February 12, 2015 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Big update and DEI 1.04 compatibility

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [ Submod ] Scarrus reworked Dacians

Yes! Can't wait to see an expanded rooster for the Getea! Maybe you should ask ritter-floh to include your work and/or KAM for helping with the rebalance which comes with 1.0 etc.?
    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

So, it's done. See my first post.

Of course they are welcome to use any of my units in DEI if they want to

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Hey! I tried your mod in Custom battle and I have Pros and cons. Pros: Very nice units which expands the dacian rooster perfectly! however you overdid with some unit stats..^^ for example the falxman have such a high morale dude...^^ not even legionars can compete with them (+ extra attack puhh they are strong^^) the 2 new sword pezoi units seem fine if the stronger one (I think eplitektoi pezoi) is only recruitable after neitos reform cos those guys are STRONG spearman stats are fine tuned cos they were weak before and decent now BUt pikeman are far to strong (armor) just vecose one guy wears a very heavy are + thuros dosent mean that the hole unit should get those stats^^ half of the unit are only wearing leather or normal cloths! so I think the old stats of pikes are fine

Howerver: Thanks for all the effort man I really appreciate it!
    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

Thanks for the heads up!
    Indeed, some units are op and armor stats are somewhat off. I'll do a rebalance of the stats.
    The Drapanai high morale I will keep though as those guys truly were nuts and fought to the end.

New version uploaded.

Has balanced stats.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You will propably like the fact that dacian falxmen for 1.0 rebalance can rip to shreds almost any unit while charging from flank or rear
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I'm really excited for 1.0 Sounds like almost an entirely different beast than even 0.96 is The new combat mechanics will finally do this game and time period justice!

I also look forward to the new Sica weapon model. Always bugged me how the Falx as one-handed looked.

Zonac's Avatar Miles

I second that
    Alexander the Great

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Btw here is a twaeked file from Scarrus submod which on the one hand has a little more tweaked stats and on the other hand should be used when you play with bunnypoopcerials submod "Historical Naval Overhal". Just load this before and you are good to go. No credits needed. Therefor all credits are reserved for Scarrus, Bunnypoopcerial and the hole DeI team
    Scarrus_DeI_Getae_HNO_Compatible.zip
    Alexander the Great

Cool!

I've added your Link to the main page

Also, I've done some further tweaking and uploaded a new version.
    Last edited by Scarrus; October 22, 2014 at 11:01 AM.

UPDATE 4:

New version uploaded.

Replaced garrison units. Reworked all reform infantry units and further rebalanced the stats.

Here is the Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_tX197rmfNrcGo5LU9lc1VIQTg/view?usp=sharing

For some reason Google drive kept the same File although I uploaded a new version.

I've updated it, so here's the new version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_t...ew?usp=sharing

Nice to see a dacian overhaul (chiar m-am bucurat) but, skirmisher tactic was my main new favorite tactic, maybe give us back some hevy skirmishers?

Quote Originally Posted by son of romans View Post
    Nice to see a dacian overhaul (chiar m-am bucurat) but, skirmisher tactic was my main new favorite tactic, maybe give us back some hevy skirmishers?
    I'm currently waiting for 1.0 to see what it brings new to the table regarding new unit looks and stuff, and then I'll make a new version with new added units instead of replaced ones. No sense making a version now and then redoing it all again in a few weeks/month because I'll have to rebalance it all again anyway.

Default Re: [ SUBMOD ] Dacian Overhaul

This is a Submod for DEI 1.x

The Getae

The Getae were a Dacian tribe who lived on the lower shores and banks of the Danube. They came a lot in contact with the Sarmatians and Skythians but also with the neighbouring Greek states on the black sea shore. They were highly skilled with the bow but also on horseback. They waged war against other Dacian tribes and liked to raid their neighbouring cousins, the Thracians until in 82 b.c. Burebista united all of the Dacian tribes into one Dacian state under his rule.

The Dacians

The Dacians(Daoi) were a people probably of Thracian and Iranian descent but who were divided into different tribes like the Getae, the Biephi, the Peukini, the Carpi, etc.
    There were two main casts in their society, the Comati, being the simple, common people, and the Tarabostes, the Nobles who were also akin to priests, being considered holy. Only the nobles were allowed to wear hats and tunics.

In 82 b.c. Burebista came to reign as king over all Dacian tribes thus creating the first Dacian state which lasted only until 44 b.c. His thirst was for expansion so he began creating a standardised army, in contrast to the disorderly tribal hordes which had been before.

I've modified pretty much all of the units in DEI so they now better reflect these things and also added in two new units of swordsmen to have a more versatile Dacian horde.

There are now three types of units :

• Komatai units which are comprised of comati and are the cheapest, but they usualy have no training, poor gear and are really there to fill in the ranks of an army.
    • Getikoi/Daoi, depending on the reforms, which are mixed warbands of Tarabostes and Comati. The Daoi units also represent the standardisation after the reform. These units are neither cheap nor very expensive and are all good units.
    • Tarabostes, the nobles, the priests. They cost a lot to hire and entertain but also usually carry the best equipment and training. Consider these the elite units.

Also be it through mostly Komatai units or Komatai and Daoi troops, your armies will usually comprise mostly of Comati.

The Units

Komatai Doryphoroi

Simple men and peasants who cannot afford more than a simple spear and basic wooden shield. They have no training and cannot hold their own in battle for long but they are cheap and always readily recruitable from the local pastures and villages.

Komatai Akontistai

Simple farmers and shepherds who throw their self crafted javelins at the enemy. They carry knives and simple wooden bucklers just in case they have to get up close in melee with the enemy.

Komatai
    Reform unit

Comati wielding javelins for skirmishes, and axes, sicas and swords for melee combat. They have no training and will not stand long against serious troops but make decent flanking and skirmishing troops.

Komatai Epilektoi
    Reform unit

Selected men amongst the Comati, these men can stand in battle and can also pose a serious threat to some heavy units. They are armed with celtic swords and sicas, wear leather armour and also carry javelins for skirmishing.

Komatai Toxotai
    Reform unit

Skilled with the bow, these men can hit almost any target. They also carry a short spear to ward off incoming cavalry charges.

Tarabostes Doryphoroi

Noble spearmen. They carry the best armour and spears and are well trained in spear combat. They are very hard to brake if faced on from the front.

Tarabostes Pezoi

Noble warriors. These men are the leaders of their tribe.

Tarabostes Toxotai
    Reform unit

Highly skilled noble archers, well trained and well equiped. Deadly from a distance and deadly up close.

Getikoi Doryphoroi

Joining the ranks of this warband, simple locals, peasants, shepherds but also less wealthy nobles, some of them can afford some simple armor while everybody carries decent enough shields and spears.

Getikoi Peleukephoroi

Nobles, farmers and shepherds form this melee warband. Some of them can afford armor, a celtic sword while others will have to contend with using their bronze axe but overall they are capable of holding the line and dealing some damage. Still, they are no match for heavy troops.

Getikoi Toxotai

Hunting and the bow were very widespread among the Getae. Everybody can use a bow from the King himself to the simplest man. As such, these are skilled bowmen who can do some damage.

Daoi Doryphoroi
    Reform unit

Dacian spearmen, they carry leather armor, bronze helmets and a good spear. Trained to keep their ground and fight in a unit they can take out levy troops on their own and hold heavier units in place making them prone to flanking.

Daoi Pezoi
    Reform unit

Good training, good armour, well crafted sicas and swords, they can stand against heavier units and are devastating when flanking.

Daoi Thorakitai Doryphoroi
    Reform unit

Heavily armoured spearmen with good training. They can take on all but the elite units.

Ischyroi Orditon

Selected Noble warriors for their fisical abilities and fighting skill. This unit is a elite among the elites, just make sure you can afford them.

Drapanai
    Reform unit

Shock troops best used for flanking maneuvers and/or delivering the final devastating blow to a weakend force.

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_t...ew?usp=sharing

Default Re: [ SUBMOD ] Dacian Overhaul(DEI 1.x)

dont know if it works almost full for me or not.
    i suppose komatoi with unit size as swordsmen are op.
    also some units' stats are overpowered ( idk)
    how about this mod for getae too ( not only for augustus campaign)?

Default Re: [ SUBMOD ] Dacian Overhaul

i mean didnt see much of your new units.
    sorry i dont jnow how to re-do posts here

Did you load the mod correctly?

Komatai are not op as their stats are not nearly as good as say pre-reorm celtic swordsmen, and by the time you get them, the reforms have taken place so other factions will have more powerfull units anyway. You also have to consider the cost, the elite units aren't cheap so you won't be able to field an army full of those anyway.
    I have added 2 new Swordsmen units, the Tarabostes Pezoi and Daoi Pezoi. The Tarabostes you can recruit from the main-city construction chain and for the Daoi you need to hit the reforms.
    Also the Getikoi Doryphoroi and the Daoi Doryphoroi weren't recruitable before so that makes 4 new units in total

Also try putting a unit in custom battle say against a similar Celtic/Germanic or Roman unit and you will see they're not overpowered

Also this mod is for both campaigns
    Last edited by Scarrus; January 21, 2015 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarrus View Post
    Did you load the mod correctly?
    upper than dei in mod manager

Komatai are not op as their stats are not nearly as good as say pre-reorm celtic swordsmen, and by the time you get them, the reforms have taken place so other factions will have more powerfull units anyway. You also have to consider the cost, the elite units aren't cheap so you won't be able to field an army full of those anyway.
    i mean the upgraded spear-throwers s they have unit size as much as max. In my game theyre named "komatoi" (may be cause i have language mod on it cause without it i couldn't see any names of DeI units)

I have added 2 new Swordsmen units, the Tarabostes Pezoi and Daoi Pezoi. The Tarabostes you can recruit from the main-city construction chain and for the Daoi you need to hit the reforms.
    Also the Getikoi Doryphoroi and the Daoi Doryphoroi weren't recruitable before so that makes 4 new units in total

(in augustus campaign)
    that's all i can see with lvl 2 city, barracks, stables and archer's house (forgot true name) and chief's house
    as you can see 2 swordsmen units (and one from chief's house), 2 spermen, 2 archers, 1 slingers, 1 spearthrowers

Also this mod is for both campaigns
    just didnt see in main campaign nothing new (units) with lvl 2 town and lvl 2 barracks (but old units were reskinned)

also tell me pls how can i edit posts here? ;(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast