Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAC 0.7 Feedback and Discussion thread

Icon2 CAC 0.7 Feedback and Discussion thread

Please post your feedback after playing CAC 0.7 and share your ideas for a continuos improvement of this mod Do not use this thread to post bug reports etc.! They shall be posted here instead.

Please try to be specific on the subject if your feedback is targeting the mod development or design!

Default Re: CAC 0.7 Feedback and Discussion thread

Hi.
    I played a few turns only with Augustus campaign.
    I would only ask,about rebel army spawn. If rebels spawn, got one general and they nothing raid AND build a rebel army. simply attack my town with only these general unit allone ! In vanilla, the rebel army gain troops and WHEN they strong enough (12-16-20 units) attack. So if the rebel general not build a rebel army , that not to fun..
    how can i fixed that?
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Hi.
    I played a few turns only with Augustus campaign.
    I would only ask,about rebel army spawn. If rebels spawn, got one general and they nothing raid AND build a rebel army. simply attack my town with only these general unit allone ! In vanilla, the rebel army gain troops and WHEN they strong enough (12-16-20 units) attack. So if the rebel general not build a rebel army , that not to fun..
    how can i fixed that?
    thx
    We haven't modded that campaign yet and I haven't played it yet? 7.0.1 that is out later today includes additional vanilla units for eastern factions in the Emperor campaign but I don't know if it is related to your issue?

Vanilla campaign: Rebels spawning, then raid and growing. then if they strong enough attack human towns.
    With CAC.: Rebels spawning, then the rebel general attack in a first turn, ALLONE.

Great Mod so far, but what bothers me are Reform requirements... in the manual it is stated, that Ptolemeis get the Gabiani Units att year 55 via Event script... thats more than 200 years into the game? Wouldn't it be more interesting for some Unit-Reforms to be more bound to region control (or other events) than on strict turn basis ?

The Gabiniani are a very specific unit, related to Aulus Gabinus, an officer sent to Egypt by Pompey in that very year... other units (that aren't linked mainly to AOR) came in place in the biginning of the II B.C, so I think it could go...

I believe Zoroastrians were (and are) required to keep their heads covered at all times (or at least in public), and some Iranian and Parthian soldiers have bare heads. Just a historical niggle really - this is overall a highly authentic Rome 2 mod!

Building recruitment is modified so almost every land unit (Barracks recruitable type) is recruitable from Barracks type buildings at tier level 2. The Barracks type buildings offer an increasing unit training bonus effect thus encouraging the player to improve the building type as the game progresses.
    Would you please explain the logic between the reasoning what units are recruitable from what?

For example Macedonia: Almost every Cavalry and Infantry Unit is recruitable from Level 2 Barracks, but Basic Bowmen and Euzoneu Peltasts are recruitable from Periokos Camp? Why not change the game in the matter of ALL Units are recruitable from Level 2 Barracks, and other Buildings (Stables, Auxilary Barracks) provide Bonuses ? [Except Rome of Course, there the other Building makes some Sense)

Issue/Question about Hayq: Is it intended, that two Regions of the Armenian Home Province (Armavir and Armosata) have the trait "Local Rebells" which ends up to get -80% Replenishment for local Armies. This makes it virtually impossible to replenish. The Replenishment Speed for Armeian Units in their own Province is ZERO, stating because of "recent" events, there is no replenishment. Intended?

Quote Originally Posted by skysyk View Post
    Would you please explain the logic between the reasoning what units are recruitable from what?

For example Macedonia: Almost every Cavalry and Infantry Unit is recruitable from Level 2 Barracks, but Basic Bowmen and Euzoneu Peltasts are recruitable from Periokos Camp? Why not change the game in the matter of ALL Units are recruitable from Level 2 Barracks, and other Buildings (Stables, Auxilary Barracks) provide Bonuses ? [Except Rome of Course, there the other Building makes some Sense)
    It's Fuzzy Logic

0.7 just makes units earlier available compared to 0.6 but maintains the unit to building type link. However, I understand your point since it is very different for Hellenic building types and somehow also for Barbarian and Eastern types in contrast to Roman buildings. I will do the necessary changes in next version (7.1).

Issue/Question about Hayq: Is it intended, that two Regions of the Armenian Home Province (Armavir and Armosata) have the trait "Local Rebells" which ends up to get -80% Replenishment for local Armies. This makes it virtually impossible to replenish. The Replenishment Speed for Armeian Units in their own Province is ZERO, stating because of "recent" events, there is no replenishment. Intended?
    No it is not but thanks for the notification. Actually the 40% penalty has a much greater impact than planned, so it is now lowered to 5% per region, which seems more reasonable while playing the mod. It is included in 7.1.

Great mod, i've been playing with a lot of factions already but mostly with Tis-saka-it. You've done great job with the nomadic factions (among others) but their horse archers might be little bit overpowered. At least after they get some experiance, for example HA with two silver chevrons has 53 accuracy. I've had some really easy victories even against other HAs after getting some experience for my troops. Perhaps lowering the rate that they gain accuracy with experience would help.

Also I'd like to suggest making Kash and Blemmyes playable. Even though those factions are kind of similar to Aksum, I don't see any negatives for making them available.

Quote Originally Posted by JMack1800 View Post
    Great mod, i've been playing with a lot of factions already but mostly with Tis-saka-it. You've done great job with the nomadic factions (among others) but their horse archers might be little bit overpowered. At least after they get some experiance, for example HA with two silver chevrons has 53 accuracy. I've had some really easy victories even against other HAs after getting some experience for my troops. Perhaps lowering the rate that they gain accuracy with experience would help.

Also I'd like to suggest making Kash and Blemmyes playable. Even though those factions are kind of similar to Aksum, I don't see any negatives for making them available.
    Thanks for the feedback and positive comment on our work. Kash and Blemmyes are not playable on purpose but we have noted your request.

Regarding Horse Archers I've made a similar observation playing Parni and agree with your proposal! Will be changed in 7.1.

Cheers
    iutland

I would like to talk about Garrisons: You already know about certain Cultures having ridiculous big and modern Garrisons (Romans, etc.) and you said you are going to add unique Garrison Units for Rome. Will you revamp other Garrisons too? Because it is sad, that there are these wonderful Roosters for Recruitable Units, but that i have to fight against the old "Carthagian Citizen Militia", or having those underpowered Eastern Garrisons (6 Slot full built Cities in Armenia with 8 Garrison Spearmen) and so on... other Mods like DEI or Radious have taken similar steps too. Also it is quite annoying to Battle a full stack Garrison of 15 Carthagian African Veterans in the year 260 bc ^^
    Last edited by skysyk; October 14, 2014 at 05:31 AM.

Question: When do Roman Reforms occur? The manual only states WHAT Units are being unlocked, not how. I have researched the Cornelii Reform, but nothing changed, so i guess there is an additional campaign script?

Question: When do Roman Reforms occur? The manual only states WHAT Units are being unlocked, not how. I have researched the Cornelii Reform, but nothing changed, so i guess there is an additional campaign script?
    There is but it was somehow not added to the manual, I apologize! All script restrictions are explained in the upcoming 7.1 manual.

Cornelian 209 BC and requires ownership of one of the Cartaginensis regions
    Marian 107 BC
    Augustean 44 BC and Auxiliary 6 BC

Thanks for the answer, additionally i finaly found the script in de pfm-files, found the triggers myself

I have a few suggestions concerning missile infantry:
    - It would be great to have little more variance with their accuracy (nearly all MIs have 5 for accuracy). So for example Toxotai Kretikoi should be more accurate than simple Toxotai. Archers seem to do quite efficent job with accuracy at 5, so probably just a few points more to the better archers would make a difference.
    - Slingers seem to do very little damage, even Balearic ones. I think this could also be a problem with the accuracy.
    - Sindhu Bowmen of Maurya Samraj use longbows so their range seems somewhat limited (125).

Also noticed that elephants run amok quite fast when hit with missiles and even armored elephants seem to die quite easily with javelinmen.

Overall I think you have really solid stats for the units and gameplay is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by JMack1800 View Post
    I have a few suggestions concerning missile infantry:
    - It would be great to have little more variance with their accuracy (nearly all MIs have 5 for accuracy). So for example Toxotai Kretikoi should be more accurate than simple Toxotai. Archers seem to do quite efficent job with accuracy at 5, so probably just a few points more to the better archers would make a difference.
    - Slingers seem to do very little damage, even Balearic ones. I think this could also be a problem with the accuracy.
    - Sindhu Bowmen of Maurya Samraj use longbows so their range seems somewhat limited (125).

Also noticed that elephants run amok quite fast when hit with missiles and even armored elephants seem to die quite easily with javelinmen.

Overall I think you have really solid stats for the units and gameplay is really good.
    Thanks for the feedback. It could be worthwhile to adjust some of the more distinct units' accuracy. Actually the biggest difference between archer units quality is the missile assignment. Note that steppe archers already has increased accuracy.

Sling stones has increased range but lower hitting/penetration power than arrows. This will not be edited since it has undergone three iterations in the past.

Indian Longbows were made of bamboo and did not have the same range as later English Longbows.

I will take a look at the Elephant stats.

Cheers :-)
    Iutland

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. It could be worthwhile to adjust some of the more distinct units' accuracy. Actually the biggest difference between archer units quality is the missile assignment. Note that steppe archers already has increased accuracy.
    I noticed those steppe archers, it was actually where I started thinking the accuracy upgrade to some of the other most famous archers of the time. I also had checked your db files before and noted like you said that it is the projectile values that makes the most difference and you have some solid stats there. Little accuracy bonus to the distinct units would be greatly appreciated .

Sling stones has increased range but lower hitting/penetration power than arrows. This will not be edited since it has undergone three iterations in the past.
    Okay, I understand that. I was mostly however referring to the accuracy of the best slingers as with the case of the best archers.

Indian Longbows were made of bamboo and did not have the same range as later English Longbows.
    I knew that they used bamboo but their longbows were also about 1.8 metres long, while not obviously as good as the English longbow, it would probably had quite efficent range. I also remembered reading from Taksashila preview of Europa Barbarorum 2 that while Mauryan longbow had good range and power, it lacked accuracy. But I don't have any good reference to give, so I leave it at there.

I will take a look at the Elephant stats.
    Great, hopefully you can find them a good balance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast