Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Apology to the Zelda Fandom

Default Re: An Apology to the Zelda Fandom

Quote Originally Posted by Tarakusak View Post
    Out of curiosity. When was HTW first "released" to the public? A couple of years back? So maybe the people inside the zelda fandom have grown a bit more? Or rather they are starting to want more different zelda experiences.
    By checking the Releases thread, it seems more than 2 years ago.

no need for it. Honestly (personal tastes) i enjoyed Hyrule Total war thousand times more than Hyrule Warriors. its the best M2 Tw mod i ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Arphenion View Post
    no need for it. Honestly (personal tastes) i enjoyed Hyrule Total war thousand times more than Hyrule Warriors. its the best M2 Tw mod i ever played.
    I second that.

I don't see you as being harsh to the fans, just frustrated with the direction the Zelda franchise was heading.

That said, excellent work Neph. Keep it up. I haven't been the biggest fan of the Zelda games, but your work caused me to replay Oot and MM, just so I can understand the mod's lore a little bit more. Now if only I can get my hands on a TP copy.

Honestly, while you have been somewhat "Modern Zelda games are not as good." you never really seemed that bad to me, course I may be missing some stuff. And HTW is an awesome game, it is a very nice blending of most Zelda games up through TP, and it is also the first Zelda game I have ever played with more that about 6 towns, making it seem more immersive. So all in all, you haven't seemed that bad, love the mod, keep it up, you are damn good man.

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    "You are an autistc edgelord"
    I laughed at this WAY more than I should have. xD

Anyway, keep doing what you're doing. You aren't getting any complaints from me.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

Quote Originally Posted by TheHylianJuggalo View Post
    Anyway, keep doing what you're doing. You aren't getting any complaints from me.
    Like wise.

To paraphrase Red Letter Media, though they weren't thinking of this particular sort of situation situation, there's a difference when you're a creator and a critic. You've made some harsh criticism of parts of the Zelda series, yes, but at the same time you've put effort into presenting your own version of things - it's not just lazy criticism, basically. Even if I had been inclined inclined to complain (Which I am not to begin with) it'd be hard to disapprove of the perspective that led to Hyrule: Total War. After all, it's brought me hours upon hours of enjoyment...

I have no problem with people having opinions that wildly conflict with mine. That said, kudos that you apologize when you feel you have done something wrong, Nephalim. The only way it bothered me was when I got the idea you had discontinued H:TW(If I can find the relevant update I'll show you it) because Nintendo had taken Zelda in the wrong direction. As it being abandoned is not the case, I feel things are absolutely okay C:One more thing, I'm reminded of The Elder Scrolls where each new title was a blasphemy against the rest of the series. Morrowind was ruining that excellent game Daggerfall. Oblivion was ruining that excellent game Morrowind. Skyrim was ruining that excellent game Oblivion. It can be the same with Zelda fans.

I have no problem with people having opinions that wildly conflict with mine. That said, kudos that you apologize when you feel you have done something wrong, Nephalim. The only way it bothered me was when I got the idea you had discontinued H:TW(If I can find the relevant update I'll show you it) because Nintendo had taken Zelda in the wrong direction. As it being abandoned is not the case, I feel things are absolutely okay One more thing, I'm reminded of The Elder Scrolls where each new title was a blasphemy against the rest of the series. Morrowind was ruining that excellent game Daggerfall. Oblivion was ruining that excellent game Morrowind. Skyrim was ruining that excellent game Oblivion. It can be the same with Zelda fans.

It's fine to say you hate a game, not fine to insult those that like it. Seeing as you only did the former there isn't anything to apologize.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

It's fine to say you hate a game, not fine to insult those that like it.
    Why not fine? Someone has to make them realize the truth, burst their bubble, for their own sakes. If you are afraid of what others have to say about you, don't go out in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Why not fine? Someone has to make them realize the truth, burst their bubble, for their own sakes. If you are afraid of what others have to say about you, don't go out in the world.
    I think he means just to simply not devolve into ad hominem attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Man you sound like a GamerGater.

As deliciously ironic as it would be to have this thread devolve into personal attacks, could it be something we avoid?
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Honestly UndyingNephalim you don't have to apologize for anything. The simple fact that this mod exists and is as extensive as it is proves you are a dedicated fan of the franchise. That you don't like some of the games of such a long, long franchise is nothing new. I have yet to meet a LoZ fan that loves every game in series. And I've heard plenty of arguments that Wind Waker or Twilight Princess or whatever was the last great game series and that its gone downhill since.

Speaking of Wind Waker, anyone else remember when they announced that one and people were screwing about the 'childish' graphics and that it was ruining the franchise or whatever. Then the game came out and those cries grew silent.

Myself, I consider Orcarnia of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker to be the pinnacle of the franchise, the best of the best. But that is not to say that those that came after were bad, they weren't. They just weren't as great as those three. Some came close, others didn't.

I appluad you in your efforts to bringing a unique take on the franchise, one that we will likely never see again.

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Why you should apologize - if anything, I would chastise you for being aggressive enough. But we're all only human, and I can imagine being continuously assault by fools wears one down after a few years. I hang around here specifically because I like your artistic nature, Neph- humanity needs more people willing to profane the sacred, draw a mustache on the Mona Lisa, if you will.
    Balres Resdak, Balres Nofok.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInterloper View Post
    Why you should apologize - if anything, I would chastise you for being aggressive enough. But we're all only human, and I can imagine being continuously assault by fools wears one down after a few years. I hang around here specifically because I like your artistic nature, Neph- humanity needs more people willing to profane the sacred, draw a mustache on the Mona Lisa, if you will.
    The irony is I think my original intent was the opposite of drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. I've come to feel as though Nintendo has basically scribbled crayon all over their Mona Lisa in an attempt to make it more interesting to the little ones, and I've done my best to preserve whatever I can and repaint over all the crayon marks.

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    The irony is I think my original intent was the opposite of drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. I've come to feel as though Nintendo has basically scribbled crayon all over their Mona Lisa in an attempt to make it more interesting to the little ones, and I've done my best to preserve whatever I can and repaint over all the crayon marks.
    It comes in many forms. I think in this case the "Mona Lisa" is the notion that Nintendo is somehow infallible or the notion that they alone can dictate to Zelda fans how to tell the story in their own heads. Its like people willfully forget that they are a company that is interested primarily in making money off them, not their friend.
    Balres Resdak, Balres Nofok.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInterloper View Post
    It comes in many forms. I think in this case the "Mona Lisa" is the notion that Nintendo is somehow infallible or the notion that they alone can dictate to Zelda fans how to tell the story in their own heads. Its like people willfully forget that they are a company that is interested primarily in making money off them, not their friend.
    That sense of infallibility and propping onto a pedestal under all circumstances has finally had noticeable effects. The Wii-U has sold less consoles than the Dreamcast, the system that killed Sega. Nintendo is no longer in the top 100 recognized brands of all time. One of the stars of the next Zelda game literally wears a turd suit full of her own feces. No one has spoken up, and complacency and exploitation has run rampant, and now Nintendo is in a death spiral. This is exactly what I tried to reverse, but it still happened. Oh well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast