Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An Apology to the Zelda Fandom

Decanus

Default Re: An Apology to the Zelda Fandom

well, we have to wait until zeldaU, maybe that will be better?

Quote Originally Posted by darnokthemage View Post
    well, we have to wait until zeldaU, maybe that will be better?
    If ZeldaU was like Skyrim. Would that be a very good thing or not?

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    That sense of infallibility and propping onto a pedestal under all circumstances has finally had noticeable effects. The Wii-U has sold less consoles than the Dreamcast, the system that killed Sega.
    These days, Sega survives largely as a publisher (Total War, Alan Isolation, Bayonetta, Valkyria Chronicles, Football Manager for some reason...), acting as producer for other people's content but occasionally making ill-advised attempts to reanimate Sonic. If Nintendo went the same way, becoming a third party that occasionally spent their money faffing about with a moustached plumber, what would be your reaction? Are there any franchises besides Zelda you'd like to see saved or finally laid to rest?

And at the end of the day, is Sega a better fate for a games publisher than Ubisoft?
    Last edited by VictorAYorke; October 18, 2015 at 06:55 AM.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by VictorAYorke View Post
    These days, Sega survives largely as a publisher (Total War, Alan Isolation, Bayonetta, Valkyria Chronicles, Football Manager for some reason...)
    The sheer terror that is the Alan.

As for Nintendo, I could see them going less the way of Sega and more of Disney, especially given their long history with non-VG toys and games, they could easily keep up Mario/Zelda/ect. and Pokemon as toys/amiibos for years.
    Balres Resdak, Balres Nofok.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    If ZeldaU was like Skyrim. Would that be a very good thing or not?
    You know, there's a lot of Japanese-originating universes that could use a good Western RPG treatment.

An open-world Western RPG of Zelda? Oh yes.

Western RPG of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? Definitely.

Western RPG of the normal Pokemon world? Definitely.

I doubt anything like ZeldaU = Skyrim would happen because the Japanese gaming industry has very little experience with open-world, open-ended RPGs, and tends to be conservative with their business decisions. The only time I can think of that sort of thing happening is with Dragon's Dogma, which was specifically made to imitate Western RPGs.

Would it be a good thing? Heck yes, if it was executed well. What if Link were born as a Deku Scrub, or a Goron, or a Zora? Or a Keaton!?!? And the Master Sword wasn't his primary weapon? I'd buy that almost no questions asked. Will it happen? It's very unlikely.
    Hyrule: Total War
    Corcoro the Keaton Bomb-smith

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInterloper View Post
    The sheer terror that is the Alan.
    --open this video, mute it.
    --Then open this video, and watch the first one as it sounds out.
    --Now imagine the Xenomorph is taunting Ripley, in the voice of Alan Bennett (the human Eeyore)...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInterloper View Post
    As for Nintendo, I could see them going less the way of Sega and more of Disney, especially given their long history with non-VG toys and games, they could easily keep up Mario/Zelda/ect. and Pokemon as toys/amiibos for years.
    I think you may be right. Given how entrenched they are in their home market, they might well survive on merchandising for the medium term.

...Then, a few years down the line, Nintendo buys the rights to James Cameron's films...
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Libertus

T____T

I would like to thank you for the pology, even though it has been a while since the apology itself the fact that you were a big enough person to admit your failings shows sincerity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123