Thread: A few questions/observations

Default A few questions/observations

I stumbled upon this mod a few weeks ago, and I must say it is excellent. I have a question I was hoping to have answered:

What is the recommended unit size? When I first played, this setting was at medium and there weren't very many soldiers in a unit, so I switched to large which caused a pop-up message to appear upon starting a new campaign telling me that my army size has exceeded the limit? I don't understand why this was put in place? Medium size units don't really do the mod justice. Later on, I clicked on the recruitment tab, and a error message popped up--forgot what it said--and kicked me out of the game.

Default Re: A few questions/observations

112 views no replies...

I didn't think it was too difficult of a question

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Please keep in mind that there are only 2 team members...

Quote Originally Posted by pokeytrev View Post
    I stumbled upon this mod a few weeks ago, and I must say it is excellent. I have a question I was hoping to have answered:

What is the recommended unit size? When I first played, this setting was at medium and there weren't very many soldiers in a unit, so I switched to large which caused a pop-up message to appear upon starting a new campaign telling me that my army size has exceeded the limit? I don't understand why this was put in place? Medium size units don't really do the mod justice.
    The recruitment limitation script, as far as I'm aware, is not at all affected by the unit size setting you use. From my dealings with it, the script only counts units that are "alive" and compares that to settlement sizes. We're you playing with the same faction in both games?

Later on, I clicked on the recruitment tab, and a error message popped up--forgot what it said--and kicked me out of the game.
    There is no way of knowing unless you attach an error log for that specific CTD.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

First time I played with the faction under lu bu. The second time--and the one I had issues with--was with shu.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Some factions exceed the unit limit at the start of the game. As Seether said, the unit size has got nothing to do with it.

For error reports please check here and submit your log in that forum.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by pokeytrev View Post
    First time I played with the faction under lu bu. The second time--and the one I had issues with--was with shu.

Yea all that message is is to tell you that the number of units you have at start is maxed out, meaning you cant recruit anyone else until you take more territory or grow. The reason they did that was to stop the A.I from having 50+ stacks and rofl stomping you and your pathetic 4-5 stacks.

Gig- what he was referring to is the unit size(Number of men per unit) Not the number of units total.
    As in why dont the units in this mod have like 300 men each like say Third age TW. instead they have alot less.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=sickNsane;14155129Gig- what he was referring to is the unit size(Number of men per unit) Not the number of units total.
    As in why dont the units in this mod have like 300 men each like say Third age TW. instead they have alot less.[/QUOTE]

I believe 254 is the max - 250 soldiers, 3 officers and one stack leader.

It only makes sense for basic infantry in my eyes, apart from that most of the numbers have been ported straight from the original RTW mod and new units adjusted to that count. Anyone is welcome to adjust the numbers and then upload the EDU as an optional 'high soldier count' addition.

Just to confirm: the unit size setting in Options\Game Settings (small to huge) does not influence the scripted recruitment limit as that is calculated per unit type, regardless of soldier count.