Thread: installation help - desktop shortcut, bat file not present

Default installation help - desktop shortcut, bat file not present

i installed 3.0 part 1 and 2. i skipped 3.1 patch and downloaded and installed 3.2 patch in my medieval directory.

i also did a fresh install of medieval 2 total war and kingdoms. i have patch 1.4 currently (default kingdoms installation)

I have the non gold kingdoms expansion
    I do not have the steam version

I did not have a bat file when i installed 3.0 and 3.2 patch, and i did not have a shortcut to the desktop for the game.

I need assistance with my next step? i read online somewhere, that i could create my own bat file. would that be a good move for my next step? and where should i put "my created .bat file" on the desktop or in my medieval 2 directory?

*I do not need 1.5 patch to play third age right?

--------------------------------

I think i might have found my problem. I installed 3.0 part 1. ( and assumed that installation would include 3.0 part 2) but now I'm beginning to think i need to install both part 1 and part 2 separately. Which explains why i had no bat file or desktop short cut?
    Last edited by I2ain_2_Battle; October 03, 2014 at 06:01 PM.

Default Re: installation help - desktop shortcut, bat file not present

yes, i figured out my mistake. it was exactly how i described above. now everything works perfectly. thanks in advance for your attention.

These are also good to install, essential bugfixes for TATW 3.2: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ntial-bugfixes
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I know I’m necroposting a nearly 5 year old post but I’m having the same issues as the OP. I’m trying to play third age with the divide & conquer submod. I’ve followed all tutorials, instructional videos & read all the guides I can come across. Including
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbgCnKTT7zU&t=304s

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=859017394

I know there’s something in Gigantus’ post for me (last link) but I’ve been working on this on and off for 4 hours with a terrible internet connection & I’m beyond burnt out by it,, I know it’s got to be something simple.

There’s no BAT file for my third age desktop shortcut. I have the steam version of the game. I’m going to keep looking on here as there’s a bevy info & thousands of other users have asked this question in similar ways. Thanks in advance to anyone who will take the time to throw a little erudition this way & please no smart alec remarks.