Thread: Arthurian Total War II why not?!

Default Arthurian Total War II why not?!

Hi guys, just came by to tell you that this mod was and still is for me the best one EVER, due to its focus on historic accuracy and much funnnnn like no mod before or since, I wish I was able to see it in Rome 2 TW as a new mod. It deserves to be there, I think it would kick as%!.
    Well maybe someone fells as interested as me. I know there is a mod around this time period in Medieval II but boy...you can recruit roman and germanic mercenaries in Ireland...I think I said it all, besides the gaels look dangerously similar to the germanic tribes!, just my opinion guys, have a good one!. And thanks again for your effort on ATW
    Last edited by Kokito; October 02, 2014 at 01:27 PM.

Default Re: Arthurian Total War II why not?!

Attila:Total War should make the modding of this mod easier .

They should release the tools for mapping which I understand is the most difficult thing to do!, or rather, the impossible thing!

No not rome 2 engine it handles the way units work horribly use medieval

Quote Originally Posted by circusdawg View Post
    No not rome 2 engine it handles the way units work horribly use medieval
    That is quite true, sadly the mod Conquestus Brittannae is a good idea, but man, sorry to be blunt but so many units are simply so horribly made! gaels with shoes for example.....looking like barbarians, no, I just can't play it, it is a pity, I would would a improved version of ATW for medieval, but I don't no much modding and the interest is elsewhere now.

King_Z's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Kokito View Post
    Hi guys, just came by to tell you that this mod was and still is for me the best one EVER, due to its focus on historic accuracy and much funnnnn like no mod before or since, I wish I was able to see it in Rome 2 TW as a new mod. It deserves to be there, I think it would kick as%!.
    Well maybe someone fells as interested as me. I know there is a mod around this time period in Medieval II but boy...you can recruit roman and germanic mercenaries in Ireland...I think I said it all, besides the gaels look dangerously similar to the germanic tribes!, just my opinion guys, have a good one!. And thanks again for your effort on ATW
    I love Arthurian TW too, I don't play it much anymore tho...

Mod for Medieval2 :Kingdoms
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/invasio-barbarorvm-ii-ibii
    INVASIO BARBARORVM 2: CONQVESTVS BRITANNIAE is the game you want, it is set 452 AD rather than 481 AD, the map is huge and has many better features and graphics.
    It is aimed at the Kingdoms that directly proceeded the leave of the Roman Empire from the Britannia province. With the first arrival of Saxons, Angles and Jutes, rather than them already having quite a substantial hold on their would be kingdoms in Britannia. The map has also been extended and includes factions like the Frisians.

Bit of history from memory so its not in much detail...
    (The Jutes were actually given the Isle of Thanet by the Saxon kingdom of Britannia so they would protect the Southern coast from sea raiders, as they were known to be fierce warriors. Although in later years the Jutes now of Britannia, began extending their kingdom and wanted more land.)

But I still have Arthurian installed because its such a different game.

Cheers mate, thanks for the answer. I have played the mod, and for me it is not anywhere near the historical accuracy of ATW, the graphics are quite lame compare to what the engine can do. Some of the skins are simply horribly rendered...so so sorry since it is an amazing time frame but I just cannot get "absorbed" as it happens with ATW, hopefully one day somebody will revive the best mod on earth in my opinion!