Thread: Something about generals

Default Something about generals

why war elephant and MuLuDaWang lose soliders when battling?
    why in avatar Menghuo uses war elephant, but in battlefield he rides calvary?
    Same thing happens with TaiCiShi, in avatar he uses infantry, but in battlefield he rides calvary.
    I expect you to make events that can get special generals to join fractions. Ex Zhangliao joins Cao Clan, TaiCiShi joins Sun Clan.
    I think you should add some specific pictures for special generals.
    It would be better if after being bribed the general keep his specific custom.
    From the beginning of the game, how can I get ZhangLiao to be in Cao Clan or TaiCiShi to be in Sun Clan?
    Sorry for my bad english and thank you for your time

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Something about generals

Quote Originally Posted by teoku View Post
    why war elephant and MuLuDaWang lose soliders when battling?
    Not sure why this is happening (may be the multiplier), but we are looking into it.

why in avatar Menghuo uses war elephant, but in battlefield he rides calvary?
    He is supposed to use elephants. Will be corrected for next patch.

Same thing happens with TaiCiShi, in avatar he uses infantry, but in battlefield he rides calvary.
    Fixed for next patch.

I expect you to make events that can get special generals to join fractions. Ex Zhangliao joins Cao Clan, TaiCiShi joins Sun Clan.
    As Gigantus posted here, and has been discussed several times in the forum already, we are making mission systems for both the Cao Clan and Sun Clans, both of which should be in the next patch.

I think you should add some specific pictures for special generals.
    Generals already have unique portraits, biographies, and traits, so making unique unit info pictures seems unnecessary.

It would be better if after being bribed the general keep his specific custom.
    This is impossible because each faction is allowed only 10 custom strat models. Strat models can not be shared between factions. For a general to keep their unique model, their specific model must be assigned to the new faction they join. This is a hardcoded engine limitation that we can not do anything about.

From the beginning of the game, how can I get ZhangLiao to be in Cao Clan or TaiCiShi to be in Sun Clan?
    Playing as the Sun Clan you should be able to immediately bribe Taishi Ci; bribe him first before spending money on anything else. Zhang Liao can be bribed, but not until several turns have passed and you have amassed a great amount of wealth.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

@Seether: I've been cut and pasting generals like Zhang Liao from one faction into another via the descr_strat and things seems to be going arguably okay with it so far, so I was planning on actually shifting the entire Shu faction like this as well, i.e. giving them rebel settlements somewhere else and moving all of their generals. Do you think that'll work out, or am I in for some trouble?

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

It can be done as long as you pay close attention to detail. There are a lot of small nuances, such as ensuring "rebel" garrisons are added/removed in the relevant settlements in descr_strat, that need to be taken care of to make sure you don't have any issues. But, as long as those are done and you keep track of what you've done/need to do, you shouldn't have any problems in relocating a faction. Also, moving the Liu Clan (I'm assuming out west) from Xuzhou will probably break their mission system.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Thank you for your answer. By the way, why LuBu fraction doesn't have family tree and can't give brith?