Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: [Official Submod] Marian Reforms for Augustus Campaign [DeI 1.2]

Default Re: [Official Submod] Marian Reforms for Augustus Campaign [DeI 1.2]

I tested the mod today, and all imperial units were properly locked. The only reason I can think of for some units not being properly locked to the reforms, is that you're not letting the mod load in high enough of a load order, which would naturally cause issues. If the public beta is higher in the load order (left side in the mod manager), change this mod's name by adding a few '!''s to the name, this will move it up in the list.
    like this version https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LQ...ZnZ98soTWc3oPO I also took the occasion to add some of the missing new reform units, mostly ones from Carthage and a few older Roman ones so it shouldn't really matter for the IA campaign. As far as missing AOR units are concerned, after the marian reforms, some AOR units are removed to simulate the Romans changing into the auxiliary system instead. This is also the case in the base DEI version. Unless you're adamant that they are available to Rome in the normal campaign after the marian reforms, in that case I could add permissions for them I guess.

Not really adamant about that, but it seems to be a bug that the Hispanic Imperial Auxiliaries does not show up as recruitable when playing as Lepidus?
    Suum cuique

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I tested the mod today, and all imperial units were properly locked. The only reason I can think of for some units not being properly locked to the reforms, is that you're not letting the mod load in high enough of a load order, which would naturally cause issues. If the public beta is higher in the load order (left side in the mod manager), change this mod's name by adding a few '!''s to the name, this will move it up in the list.
    like this version https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LQ...ZnZ98soTWc3oPO I also took the occasion to add some of the missing new reform units, mostly ones from Carthage and a few older Roman ones so it shouldn't really matter for the IA campaign. As far as missing AOR units are concerned, after the marian reforms, some AOR units are removed to simulate the Romans changing into the auxiliary system instead. This is also the case in the base DEI version. Unless you're adamant that they are available to Rome in the normal campaign after the marian reforms, in that case I could add permissions for them I guess.
    You are my hero. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Apologies for the double post --- poor internet connection .
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 14, 2019 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleischer View Post
    Not really adamant about that, but it seems to be a bug that the Hispanic Imperial Auxiliaries does not show up as recruitable when playing as Lepidus?
    According to the DEI mod files it's given recruitment acces to all Augustus roman factions, you need the lvl 3 auxiliary barracks for them though.
    EDIT: I see what you mean, the auxiliary units dissapear when I turn the submod on, which is odd since the submod doesn't overwrite any of the tables that adds those units to a faction. I'll try to fix this later, but right now I don't really know where to begin to be honest.
    Last edited by Dardo21; November 25, 2018 at 08:09 PM.

Aye! The mod works properly now with the latest version you posted, so thank you for that! (Forgot to thank you properly in my last post, apologies!) Yet somehow the Iberian Auxiliaries have disappeared. Might it be related strictly to the Lepidus faction?

Edit: I also noticed it seems to erase Cleopatra...?
    Last edited by Fleischer; November 27, 2018 at 05:47 AM.
    Suum cuique

Default Re: [Official Submod] Marian Reforms for Augustus Campaign [DeI 0.96d]

Apologies if this has been answered or touched upon previously, but, does this work with the latest version of DeI? I read the last post stating that some details are missing.
    Thanks.

Will there ever be an update for this wonderful submod?

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Dardo has gone a great job keeping this sub alive. However, I would like to see if anybody would like to accept this modding challenge:Adjust this mod to where all Roman factions are in Marian reforms, not just the player. Its rather lame to have a stack of Marians only to find yourself against a stack of Imperials. Breaks immersion. I know this is probably an involved task since it involves messing with imperium, but I'm sure the community would be grateful. This is a popular sub and I think taking this extra step would make it all the better. Appreciate any consideration from whomever (if anybody) would want to take this on.

And make it standard in DEI. Shouldn’t submods be for players that want something that is not historically accurate?

I can can understand that the team decided to leave a map for those that wanted to use Imperial Legionaries, but aren’t these “what if” units usually what submods are for? Maybe I am in the minority and I play DEI due to the immersion and historical gameplay. I have started a dozen campaigns on the IA map and quit after 5-20 turns. Legionaries, Veteran Legionaires, Cataphract Legionnaires, etc... I only recruit legionaries but since this map has 4 Roman factions, they are everywhere.

Please don’t take my comments wrong. This is BY FAR the best mod for Rome 2 and the reason I still play. I just can’t seem to play the IA campaign due to the immersion factor and this mod isn’t always available because the team is so great at updating the game. Amazing team and always great at responses! I’m currently on turn 6 and going back to the GC.

Just curious, what needs to be changed for every update?

Thanks team! Your the best!

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

I totally agree that this should be integrated into the main mod with all the Romans starting in Marian reforms, not just the player. The Grand Campaign is the centerpiece of the mod. This has always been the case. The DLC and IA maps are compatible, but they typically get less love and could use some work--I don't doubt anybody from the development team would deny this. We'll see what happens in the future.

no such luck for fixing this submod? Cleopatra is gone, replaced with a Ptolemy who would've been dead for 3 years at the start of the campaign, and apparently the enemy Romans still build Imperial units anyway?

I'm guessing this esf.pos for the mod would need to be altered, since the resource for the AOR troops seem to be different compared to the regular campaign, which is quite annoying to do.

So I re-checked the submod today and it turns out that it still does work properly, at least insofar as locking Imperial legionaries for the AI. They hire Marian legionaries pre-reform. The problem of Cleopatra being missing still remains and I'm too dumb to figure out how to fix that on my own. As well, if any changes were made to the Startpos post-2018 I couldn't immediately see any errors or issues, although I didn't actually interact much beyond End Turning for several turns until I could see that the AI was hiring up Marian legionaries

According to my experience, If you don't activate this mod you will have marian and imperial legionaries mixed in your recruiment pool. For that reason I always use this mod, legions for DEI and its compatibility patch.

Semisalis

Any chance for an update?

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo85 View Post
    Any chance for an update?
    i Don't think

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678