Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Marian Reforms for Augustus Campaign [DeI 1.2]

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Icon1 [Official Submod] Marian Reforms for Augustus Campaign [DeI 1.2]

This submod will change the starting Reform of the Augustus Campaign to the Marian Reform.

A new Imperator Augustus Campaign is needed to play with the submod.

Reform requirements:

As a Player you can achieve the Imperial Reform with Imperium Level 7 and a minimum of 80 turns.

The Global Reform will happen after 105 turns.

Important:
    you have to research the upgrade technology if you want an upgrade of Marian Legionaries to Imperial Legionaries.
    The technology can be researched anytime. It will unlock the new units only after the requirements mentioned above are accomplished.

Other:
    - All starting units are adapted.
    - requires DeI 1.2
    - Do not use other mods that change the scripting files or the startpos of Divide et Impera

Installation:
    - put the file into your Rome 2 data folder
    - and activate the mod
    - load it before Divide et Impera Steam/Standalone
    - It will automatically load before DeI using CA´s mod manager

Campaign
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Army Recruitment

Navy Recruitment

Battle models
    created by Don
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lepidus Legionaries

Ptolemy Legionaries

Antony Legionaries

Antony Veteran Legionaries

Link:
    - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=387359200
    Last edited by Litharion; December 02, 2017 at 04:09 AM.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Marian Reforms for Augustus Campaign [DeI 0.96c]

download link missed a table, fixed missing Roman General Recruitment options

Edit: finally fixed link added
    Last edited by Litharion; October 01, 2014 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks Litharion

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thank you litharion, gonna try this with a fresh campaign!

thanks alot

Thank you, i've made my own simple modification (using unit tech upgrades for 'imperial' units) but this is much better

Tnx! But this mod not work with Historic Legions. They remaining post-Imperial.

Quote Originally Posted by Xade View Post
    Tnx! But this mod not work with Historic Legions. They remaining post-Imperial.
    I know, only mods which do not affect DeI scripting and starpos. But making this work with historical legions should be possible but again would take some time to create. Maybe someone can combine both submods.

Baldos's Avatar Tiro

Is this mod on Steam?

nope

This should DEFINITELY be made standard for IA campaigns in DEI
    I was bad enough seeing segmentata in CiG, and no better to see it 20 years later in IA
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Dresden, Litharion, would you 2 mind if I get this working with Caesars Legions I post a minimod in its thread offer a compatible version of this for it?

Yes! thanks Litharion! finally we can start this campaign in the correct time of roman army´s reform! and with the updated sub-mod of Caesar..it will be perfect!! =)

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    Dresden, Litharion, would you 2 mind if I get this working with Caesars Legions I post a minimod in its thread offer a compatible version of this for it?
    Would be great. IF you need any help just let me know.

I've got the caesar's legions compatible version uploaded to caesar's legions thread for people that wanna use it with caesar's Legion & I've updated caesar's legions with necessary adjustments too. Got a question about the upgrade script. Give me second I'll post a screen shot of what I'm talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    Would be great. IF you need any help just let me know.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Okay, I know the units you want recruited in that era go above the 0.9 activation line; so, since its Marian I put my Marian legions there. Next, under Imperial era I put the Imperial legions above the 0.9 lines. Where I got confused was I added the Marian to the Imperial as well, also above the 0.9 line and they were able to be upgraded to Imperial then BUT were still allowed to be recruited too. How do I fix that? Otherwise it works fine like it should. Units upgrade to legion it should and you can recruit until Imperial reform then you can still recruit the MAarian too. Do I need to move Marian to below 0.9 activation line so they eed to be activated to upgrade because right now with them above 0.9 line I can recruit them and Imperial legions and they upgrade to Imperial too.

Nevermind. I got it working after about 3 hours Lol of testing and playing around. After the Imperial reforms it still only lets you recruit Marian Legions & you can't upgrade anything either. BUT as soon as I researched the "Unit Upgrade" tech, the Marian units were no longer recruitable, Imperial units were instead; and then I was allowed to upgrade Marian units to Imperial units as well.

glad you figured it out. The Reform unit lists will be a much easier with 1.0 as the save game lists will be gone.

Alright. It was confusing at first but I did a little bit of scripting in Medieval II so it just took a little bit of ole trial and error lol

Default Re: [Official Submod] Marian Reforms for Augustus Campaign [DeI 0.96d]

updated for 0.96e

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast