Thread: Atilla Total War: How helpful is it?

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Default Atilla Total War: How helpful is it?

Well firstly one major thing with going over to Atilla is the fact that you won´t be able to use the Gaul campaign map.
    There are of course things like Family Tree wich would be helpful but considering how the Franks will be divided is it nescecary?
    Then there is the main reason why I think Attila will be helpful for this mod:

The Assets,
    I know that all the roman helmets and armor is outdated in the time of Karl Martell but they said they will take inspiration from the eight and seventh century when you reach the end of the tech tree
    and another important thing.
    Medieval Ships will be featuring.

Other changes like the Ui and minor settlement walls you seem to be doing anyways so I think that you should probaly stick with Rome 2, though maybe focus on models and Icons for now just in case?

And finaly there are the Cities, since it is possible to reskin roman cities in the same manner as units maybe its possible to incorporate (church?) models into the mod from Attila.
    Last edited by Linke; October 01, 2014 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Forgot about Cities

Default Re: Atilla Total War: How helpful is it?

We've seen all of the new features of Total War: Atilla but we're going to continue forward with using the CiG map. We have our own vision and our own models that we hope to use but it won't stop us from considering making a mod for Total War: Atilla.

Miles

As undeadsloth said, the Hammer of Gaul will continue with CiG. Most of our workflows are currently fixed on Rome II, and it is too early to tell how Attila, or if Attila, will be moddable. Lots of models will be custom made and will without doubt use Attila for some inspiration. With 12 turns per year and such a focussed conflict, the use of a family tree isn't entirely needed.

Thanks a ton to you guys for making it on R2! And if by the powers that be; I think R2:Attila Edition won't be objectively better than R2:EE anyways.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Any other projects for Attila?