Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Vanilla Ed. ***8-7-2015 UPDATE***

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-15-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE VANILLA

Quote Originally Posted by King of Stormwind View Post
    Allright, XIIICaesar! I started a new campaign and it works! Kudos to you, this is a great mod. Brings back the charme of RSII
    No problem dude. Thnx for the comment. The major overhaul I'm working on will replace this with my own mod. Icluding new shield texture made from scratch for my Marian (based on Caesarean legions used by Julius Caesar) and the RSII shields for Imperial units. Area of Recruitment will be based by the citry like in RSII if I can get it right. Using Kaziel for unit textures and a few various helmet mods I found on Steam with permission.

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-15-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE VANILLA

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    No problem dude. Thnx for the comment. The major overhaul I'm working on will replace this with my own mod. Icluding new shield texture made from scratch for my Marian (based on Caesarean legions used by Julius Caesar) and the RSII shields for Imperial units. Area of Recruitment will be based by the citry like in RSII if I can get it right. Using Kaziel for unit textures and a few various helmet mods I found on Steam with permission.
    Looking forward to that Can you give me any information about the release date? At least something like "within 1month/2months..."

Looking forward to that Can you give me any information about the release date? At least something like "within 1month/2months..."
    I'd say within another month or so. Texturing is not as easy as i thought. It is if your just breezing through it but I'm making them look as great as i can do is taking awhile. I'll post some previews today

Mayor's Avatar Tiro

Looking forward to fight with your XIII Caesarīs Legions, no matter how long it takes. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mayor; November 09, 2014 at 11:09 PM.

Icon3 Re: **NEW PREVIEWS**11-10-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE VANILLA

Okay. These are previews for the things I'm working on right now for the mod. I'm making a new mod to replace this one with new units from scratch, updated unit balances, stats, & abilities. Everything. AOR from RSII (Roma Surrectum II) that will have recruitment based on the city not the province to provide a great challenge that will also make cities more strategically important than just owning a province just as in older Total War games. Creating my own mod too will also allow me to create new versions of the Legions for other major mods such as Rome Total Realism, WarCry, and many others.

UNIT PREVIEWS

Marian Centurion

Marian Legio I Germanica Standard Bearer

Marian Legio I Germanica

I am using Kaziel's Romans 4.0 for the Marian unit textures. The way the Marian Era will be is the recruitable units will be Caesarean legions similar to the Marian legions from Julius Caesar's time. Officers are from Kaziel as well but I am currently trying to find replacements for them from Steam that will make them stand out more. I replaced the shield models with the early scutuma as the "Augustan" scutuma and square scutuma made famous by Hollywood films didn't come until much later after the Augustan Imperial reforms. The shield textures are by me. I've created them myself from scratch. The standard bearer shield textures are basically copy-n-paste from the RSII standard shields so I've still got to go back and redo those to give them a better, higher resolution than they currently show. The standard bearer Legio Standards are port-overs from RSII as well. I've still got to go back and remove certain parts of them though such as the one above for Legio I Germanica. As the Caesarean Legio I didn't actually gain the cognomen Germanica until well after the second civil war and Augustus had been ruling for quite some time --->> So, for instance, I'll have to remove the "GER" section from the Marian version. I had never done any shield texturing or texturing otherwise until now so I hope you enjoy the previews people.

Default Re: **NEW PREVIEWS**11-10-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE VANILLA

I wouldn't believe you that it's your first time texturing if you didn't tell. Well done so far, mate!

Default Re: **NEW PREVIEWS**11-10-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE VANILLA

I wouldn't believe you that it's your first time texturing if you didn't tell. Well done so far, mate!
    Thanks dude.

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Caesar, I've been using your mod since the 10/15 update and it is wonderful, really transforms the game. Do you think the new update will be save game compatible when released?
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    Caesar, I've been using your mod since the 10/15 update and it is wonderful, really transforms the game. Do you think the new update will be save game compatible when released?
    Not sure yet. Most likely not.

I had a polybian legion, II Sabina, in Italia when cohort organization research completed. Was offered to convert them to N&N II Augusta which I did then lost a cohort in a battle w/ the Averni in Cisalpine. Returned them to Italia, but couldn't replace the lost cohort because II Augusta wasn't one of the N&N legions recruitable therein. Checked the legion map and found II Augusta only recruits in Britannia which I'm a long way from conquering. So I recruited veteran legionaries instead.

My other two polybian legions, I Germanica in Lepsis and XVIII Lybica embarked at sea, were offered only to convert to Republican legionaries which I then did. XV (not named) was a Republican legion outfit already and was offered to convert to XV N&N which I assume is XV Apollinaris which recruits in Illyrica currently held by my ally the Venuti.

Perhaps I'm posting in the wrong forum, but why would I be offered a conversion to N&N which I then couldn't support because I don't hold their depot provinces? Why not to Republican legionaries which are supportable everywhere and convert to N&N when their depot provinces fall into our hands?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Paladin247; November 13, 2014 at 02:29 PM.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

That is how the AOR is setup. They're recruitable ever they were historically.

I understand that; I'm a long time RSII player and am used to that kind of recruitment scheme. The question is why were two legions offered unrecruitable (at this pt in the campaign) N&N legion conversions when the other two weren't? I and XVIII which were only offered Republican legionary conversions are also numbers that have N&N counterparts. II and XV should have been likewise offered to convert only to Republican legionaries.

I understand that; I'm a long time RSII player and am used to that kind of recruitment scheme. The question is why were two legions offered unrecruitable (at this pt in the campaign) N&N legion conversions when the other two weren't? I and XVIII which were only offered Republican legionary conversions are also numbers that have N&N counterparts. II and XV should have been likewise offered to convert only to Republican legionaries.
    Not sure. I just used the existing Legions from Franky's original and changed the AOR system. When I release everything I'm working on it'll be similar as RSII except for the Marian era which will be slightly different

OK; thx.

OK; thx.
    No problem dude. Also, everyone I'll be releasing more previews later tonight.

Mayor's Avatar Tiro

Looking forward for the previews!

Since the new update for Rome II this mod broke as it uses the startpos which was changed when CA added the new factions. I have been working a lot overhauling the units and instead of waitying to release my new mod I will slowly be exchanging existing parts of the current rework of Franky235's Legions with my work until I have phased all of Franky's work out. I will release the first of these updates this week that will contain the new units so far plus make the mod work again since the latest update.

I've got the Caesar in Gaul & Grand Campaign startpos finished. Fixing to get some sleep and when I awake sometime this evening I will get the Imperator Augustus startpos finished as well. I will also do some unit stat rebalancing to match current Vanilla settings and double-check the unit abilities.

I checked this thread over at Dei and it says that the patch 16 startpos is OK and nothing needs to be done to the Dei version of the mod; assume same is true for the vanilla version? Your work ethic is a thing of beauty.

I checked this thread over at Dei and it says that the patch 16 startpos is OK and nothing needs to be done to the Dei version of the mod; assume same is true for the vanilla version? Your work ethic is a thing of beauty.
    DEI is fine but not Vanilla. Reason is I got with Dresden and sent him copies of the DEI startpos I added my AOR tags too awhiule back so he could incorporate it into the main mod a few DEI versions back. This was so that anytime he updated DEI I wouldn't have to keep adding all the AOR tags to the mod again and again ; they would already be there in every update and also any changes he makes to his startpos my AOR tags will still remain. The Radious version I was gonna do the same but Radious said he pretty much doesn't do any startpos edits to keep his startpos compatible with other submods. He only changed TPY to 4 in the Grand Campaign so essentially the vanilla startpos are the same as Radious startpos. Once I get the Vanilla startpos finished I'll use those for Radious as well; just change the TPY to 4 in the Grand Campaign for Radious.

As for Vanilla, I just woke up. Lemme get "woke up" feeling and I'm gonna finish the Imperator Augustus and double-check unit abilities and unit stats and then get the Vanilla/Radious versions updated.