Page 1 of 43 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic * V.1.0 * (Updated: 1/10/2014) * LIVE *

Default Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic * V.1.0 * (Updated: 1/10/2014) * LIVE *

Introduction

This is a Unit/Faction pack specifically for the Romans of the Early Republican era. It contains all
    the work I've done in Kaziel's Romans 1.0 to 4.5. Also contains many things that have been refined
    and many new things as well (see below). Overall, I think I've achieved my vision of a deadly yet
    slightly colourful Early Republican Army.

Also included below is a set of Unit Icons made from scratch, specifically for the units in this pack.
    It is available separately so that people who like it can use it and not forced upon those who don't.

What's New

VERSION 1.0
    • New 3x Lorica Hamata (Chainmail).
    • New 2x Lorica Squamata (Scalemail).
    • New 2x Lorica Musculata (Muscle Cuirass).
    • New 3x Ocreae (Greaves).
    • New 2x Bracchium (Vambraces).
    • New 2x Decuriones (Cavalry Officers).
    • New 2x Centurions (Foot soldier Officers).
    • New 2x Signiferi (Standard Bearers).
    • Improved Boss textures for Rectangular & Round Scuta.
    • New Shield Emblems for Oval, Round & Rectangular Scuta.
    • Refined old Shield Emblems.
    • Refined old Equipment Combinations with new stuff from above.
    • Prometheus Height data tweaked to add more variance in height.

Officers - Click Here for Details

Centurions

Decuriones

Signiferi

Units - Click Here for Details

Leves

Velites

Hastati

Principes

Triarii

Equites

Bodyguards

Steam Download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=320945932
    Mediafire Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/no...public_Army.7z

Unit Icons

New Unit Icons made from scratch especially for the Early Republic Pack.
    Design is a fusion of vanilla style, and a more dynamic/realistic style.

Unit Icons - Click Here for Details

Unit Icons

Steam Download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=320943370
    Mediafire Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/09..._Unit_Icons.7z

NOTE

If anyone is planning to integrate my work into their mods/projects, feel free to use whatever you need.
    I only ask that you give proper and detailed credit. Please report to me if you suspect my work has been
    used/copied without credit given.

Special Thanks

• Thank you Daniu, Mitch & Team for the great PFM & Mod Manager.
    • Thank you CA for the excellent mapping & textures. They were a pleasure to work with.
    • Thank you Prometheus for letting me use his Height data and Leves with hair data (slightly tweaked).
    • Thank you Zaskar70, for informing me about the existence of the Hex Editor tool.

Last edited by Kaziel; October 03, 2014 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Mod Update

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic

There it is! Baller as always. If you're good with it I'll start putting together some packs for the generals and post it up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    There it is! Baller as always. If you're good with it I'll start putting together some packs for the generals and post it up here.
    Haha! What are the odds of an official steam update when I'm about to test the two separate packs together to check for bugs...

About the Generals, you should start a new thread for it man and make it your own mod to release to the public.
    If you post it here it'll just get lost and as you can see the main opening post is such a big bastard to deal with hehe

Also, sorry guys for the delay in posting the links!

EDIT: Steam update is stuck at 31.3/35.7 mb. Any ideas?

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

So...republican packs and imperial packs will be seperated then?

Anyway, can't wait.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Oh I know. I meant in here as in this subforum But sweet man as soon as those links come up I'll get cracking on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    So...republican packs and imperial packs will be seperated then?

Anyway, can't wait.
    Yep, this is the "Early" Republic Pack, then the "Late" Republic (pretty much Marian Units). I don't think I'll
    have time to do the Imperial Era. As I said before, some good stuff coming out from other modders for that
    era anyway

Edit: Btw, I was thinking, if the Staff of Asclepius shoulder guards really annoy you, it's easy to delete them
    from the pack in PFM. Everything in my pack is clearly labelled for those who want to tinker

Oh I know. I meant in here as in this subforum But sweet man as soon as those links come up I'll get cracking on it.
    Sounds good

Update is still stuck at 31.3/35.7mb though

Edit: Ok update finally finished. Back to work hehe
    Last edited by Kaziel; October 01, 2014 at 07:06 AM.

Nahh, I probably wont delete it. That'd be blasphemy lol.

Question: Please correct me, but your original "Kaziel's Romans 4.0" did cover all units of the game, didn't it?

It would be nice if you could at least re-release a version of that which is compatible with the new mod? Don't get me wrong, but I don't think people will play if they know that once they reach empire-status they have to use vanilla skins when they're already used to your quality stuff.

And about the skins from other modders...what would you recommend? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by GODzilla; October 01, 2014 at 07:42 AM.
    GODzilla(TM)

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Hi, this is a SKIN mod, right? Not new units?
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Nahh, I probably wont delete it. That'd be blasphemy lol.

Question: Please correct me, but your original "Kaziel's Romans 4.0" did cover all units of the game, didn't it?

It would be nice if you could at least re-release a version of that which is compatible with the new mod? Don't get me wrong, but I don't think people will play if they know that once they reach empire-status they have to use vanilla skins when they're already used to your quality stuff.

And about the skins from other modders...what would you recommend? Thanks in advance.
    Yep it covered everything except what I consider fantasy units (Gladiators, Wardogs etc.) I may extract the Imperial stuff
    from the old 4.0 and make it a separate pack so it will be compatible with the other 2 eras (after I'm done with the Late Republic),
    but it will not contain anything new (if I can resist refining and adding new things to it).

I'm a fan of what ITLeonard is doing with his Imperial soldiers. As I said before it will be the best, IF he can get high quality textures
    on his 3D models. Again I hope he finds a good texture artist or improves his technique

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Hi, this is a SKIN mod, right? Not new units?
    No new units.

Ok guys we have lift off, Steam link is up. Please report any bugs you find. Enjoy

Edit(I): Mediafire link is up.

Edit(II): Post up some screenshot too if you guys have time. I wanna see how they look with your powerful rigs and GEM goodness
    Last edited by Kaziel; October 01, 2014 at 08:36 AM.

Icon14 Re: Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic [1/10/2014]

These icons are the best. Brilliant. I would like to see in this style all the icons of the game.

Default Re: Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic * V.1.0 * (Updated: 1/10/2014) * LIVE *

Couple quick questions:

How does this work with the Roman factions?
    Could you load this first and then 4.5 release next to get all units working? Or do we still need another mod for the late era units?

Thanks!

Default Re: Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic * V.1.0 * (Updated: 1/10/2014) * LIVE *

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    These icons are the best. Brilliant. I would like to see in this style all the icons of the game.

Thanks for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCat View Post
    Couple quick questions:

How does this work with the Roman factions?
    Could you load this first and then 4.5 release next to get all units working? Or do we still need another mod for the late era units?

Thanks!
    I'm not sure to be honest, I haven't tested it. Pretty sure they won't be compatible. I'm working on a new Late Republic Era right now
    and then I will do a simple extraction (from 4.0-4.5) into a new mod for the Imperials. It will take time, so the idea is for those who enjoy
    fighting with Early Republican units they have this to use and uninstall 4.5. Then if they want to play any other era after, simply disable this
    one and then re-enable 4.5 as a temporary solution. Also coming (maybe) are Auxiliary packs and Generals. I'll work as fast as I can as I do
    want to play the game before I go back to my music

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

great to see you back mate and +reps on these amazing units!

Tried applying the new hamatas to the imperial units. Still looks pretty good. Could use a cingulum but still nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    great to see you back mate and +reps on these amazing units!
    Thanks for the kind words Toon. Don't forget to pass me the scabbard or tell me where in your mod to extract it

Tried applying the new hamatas to the imperial units. Still looks pretty good. Could use a cingulum but still nice.

Man, I don't know if it's the lighting but the shield emblem textures look so bad, may need to refine them later. But the hamata looks good
    Yea a cingulum'less hamata looks weird if in the imperial era, especially next to the segmentata. Good thing there's plenty of material out there
    suggesting Caesarian legionaries did not equip a cingulum and so I feel more comfortable using them for the Late Republic pack.

Thanks for the screen Max

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian21 View Post
    Man, I don't know if it's the lighting but the shield emblem textures look so bad, may need to refine them later.
    Hah, don't worry about it they look good. Loads better than the vanilla that's for damn sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian21 View Post
    Yep it covered everything except what I consider fantasy units (Gladiators, Wardogs etc.) I may extract the Imperial stuff
    from the old 4.0 and make it a separate pack so it will be compatible with the other 2 eras (after I'm done with the Late Republic),
    but it will not contain anything new (if I can resist refining and adding new things to it).
    That would absolutely suffice. And I believe that you, upon seeing that people are actually using your imperial skins, would have another incentive to approve upon them. I mean if you deem it necessary, but you already said you're a perfectionist.
    GODzilla(TM)

Hah, don't worry about it they look good. Loads better than the vanilla that's for damn sure.
    Hey Max where does this come from?

Looks like it's been extracted from a musculata mesh.

That would absolutely suffice. And I believe that you, upon seeing that people are actually using your imperial skins, would have another incentive to approve upon them. I mean if you deem it necessary, but you already said you're a perfectionist.
    Yea sadly it is the truth some things will be refined. My brain already went into work mode figuring out what to improve after seeing my old emblems in Maximus' screenshot haha

That's a little frill thing I threw in from DeI. Saw a lot of depictions of legionnaires with frills on their hamatas so I figured why not.

That's a little frill thing I threw in from DeI. Saw a lot of depictions of legionnaires with frills on their hamatas so I figured why not.
    Hmm, wonder who the original author is. I hope it was properly extracted (if extracted) and no hidden mesh still exists. Depending on the mesh, I can do a lot with that thing

Page 1 of 43 123456789101126 ... LastLast