Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-10-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

<3 <3 <3

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-10-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Maybe this is a dumb question:
    Can you uppgrade your current units to the Legion specific ones or do you have to disband - recruit new ones?

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-13-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

I f its generic legions you have to disband. However the AOR legions are upgradle after each reform

Hi, the mod is great, thank you for it! When can we expect the Imperator Augustus MARIAN ERA back? I have an older version downloaded but the custom marian legions don't show up just the basic one.

Quote Originally Posted by gaborh View Post
    Hi, the mod is great, thank you for it! When can we expect the Imperator Augustus MARIAN ERA back? I have an older version downloaded but the custom marian legions don't show up just the basic one.
    I'm going to work on that this evening. I've got the scripts updated for DEI 0.96d already. I have a major update that fixes Legio IV Flavia Felix not showing on battle map, updates the Kazxiel textures from the original mod to Kaziel's Romans 4.0 and updates the scripts for DEI 0.96d. But Steam isn't working right and won't upload the update so I suggest using the Google Drive link until Steam starts back working right.

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    I'm going to work on that this evening. I've got the scripts updated for DEI 0.96d already. I have a major update that fixes Legio IV Flavia Felix not showing on battle map, updates the Kazxiel textures from the original mod to Kaziel's Romans 4.0 and updates the scripts for DEI 0.96d. But Steam isn't working right and won't upload the update so I suggest using the Google Drive link until Steam starts back working right.
    Well done Caesar! Your devotion in this mod is remarkable!! Thank you, and all the Dei team!

The latest DEI update contains your AOR tags for this submod, so you won't have to keep a separate version of the various startpos files in your mod.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The latest DEI update contains your AOR tags for this submod, so you won't have to keep a separate version of the various startpos files in your mod.
    Thanks Dresden!

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-14-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

I haven't tried all units but alaudae and primigenia for example don't have the shield formation

Quote Originally Posted by Senryakku View Post
    I haven't tried all units but alaudae and primigenia for example don't have the shield formation
    They should have Shield Wall, Testueado, and Hollow Square. I'm testing them now in a custom battle. They have the same abilities as the other legions. I'll clarify in the OP, BUT the shield_screen is modified in DEI as Fulcrum (Repel Cavalry). Sorry about that dude.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; October 14, 2014 at 05:26 AM.

Thank you very much for something that back icons vanilla with Roman numerals. I have even more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    Thank you very much for something that back icons vanilla with Roman numerals. I have even more like it.
    Your welcome ROMAL. I just received permission for the Roma Surrectum 2 AOR system so that will become the alternate system. I'm also working with ToonTotalWar to a bring even more legions not present now into the mod

SirHiggins's Avatar Libertus

Hi.
    Just started to play with this game, so maybe a noob question:
    Is this submod is somehow an upgrade of the 'Official submod:Historical legions' ?

THX

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    Your welcome ROMAL. I just received permission for the Roma Surrectum 2 AOR system so that will become the alternate system. I'm also working with ToonTotalWar to a bring even more legions not present now into the mod
    Look in the OP (first post of a thread) & I've got a link somewhere in there to the original Caesar's Legions by Franky235. I took his 3 versions of the mod (DEI, Radious, Vanilla) & updated them to work with EE & have been steadily fixing old bugs & changing /adding new content. The old Historical Legions submod was I believe also based off Caesar's Legions too. Dresden & the DEI team just didn't have a lot of time to keep it updated anymore & since I had just got the old DEI version of Caesar's Legions updated for EE & working again, Dresden discontinued the old Historical Legions & stickied this as the new official submod. Any bugs or stuff let me know & I'll try my best to address it dude. [emoji41]

On Shield-wall ability, I had recently added that ability to default legion units in 0.96d update, so the historic legions do not currently have it. It is the "form shield_wall" ability (not the one AI can use as that is bugged, only usable by the player) This is different to the shield screen (fulcrum). I think this is the point Senryakku means. I leave it up to you if you like the ability for your Romans also or not. But to match default legions the custom units will need this ability added.

Cool I'll add it in

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-15-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

The other Roman nations don't seem to use the historical Legions, only generic and elite ones like Evocata Germanica Does anyone have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by gaborh View Post
    The other Roman nations don't seem to use the historical Legions, only generic and elite ones like Evocata Germanica Does anyone have the same problem?
    They should. If your refering to Imperator Augustus campaign, make sure your using the latest DEI and use the latest Caesar's legions. Don't subscribe to the Steam Workshop version because ATM it hasn't worked when I tried updating for over a week now. Use the Google Drive version. Also, make sure you start a new campaign as it isn't save game compatible if this is your first time using it.

Daizus's Avatar Foederatus

Same here. Other romans use only legions and more evocata.I'am latest DEI and latest Caesar legion.

I use the latest ones as well. I tried maximizing Legionary unit number in campaign to a low number and even made custom Legions cheaper to be more "attractive". Other Romans simply started spamming tons of spearmen instead of using the historic legions.