Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-07-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Don't know what's wrong but Steam workshop says it downloaded the mod, yet it won't show up in the data folder or mod manager.
    I'll post the Google Drive links back up when I get off work. Not sure what's up with steam. It should be working. I gotta upload updates tonight anyways though.

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    I'll post the Google Drive links back up when I get off work. Not sure what's up with steam. It should be working. I gotta upload updates tonight anyways though.

Sounds good, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pinewood View Post
    I don't know why but game is still crushing. I use only DEI, CL and IA MRS, nothing more enabled. I'm using the official mod manager
    Yeah..still crash with me too, itīs a shame...hope you will fixed with the update of tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post

I also like thouse ones, itīs the most historical vision, and the perfect unit card i think, but Caesarīs work is also good, but dude, I still see the white mosaic in loadscreens previous and after the custom battle, maybe itīs a problem with the scripts...We all wait until tonight to see if itīs all fixed. =) Thanks for all my friend! Salve Caesar!

Quote Originally Posted by pinewood View Post
    I don't know why but game is still crushing. I use only DEI, CL and IA MRS, nothing more enabled. I'm using the official mod manager
    Okay Ive disabled the links to it for right now. Ive got to update the startpos for the updated AOR system anyways. When I get that done Ill test it and put the links back up
    Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Don't know what's wrong but Steam workshop says it downloaded the mod, yet it won't show up in the data folder or mod manager.
    If you look on steam now in the change notes, you'll see I tried several updates dude Lol. Each time it just says upoloading for a few seconds and then update again. But the other mods upload fine. Not sure whats going on there. Ill try subscribing to it and see if it downloads for me and update this post with results when Radious CL version gets through uploading.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    Good. I carefully look for updates. In any event with the legions to play much better.

Of the examples that were in previous versions of the most adequate looks more of simple stylein my view.
    The style icons Bulldog also interesting, but of delayed flirty right foot soldiers resemble hookers on the track. The best view in the latest in Kazielyaf. But the most rigorous and desirable - original.

Ive contacted Kaziel on permission to use his cards. If he gives permission Ill take his Legionnaires and copy the shield textures to each and give Numerals to the cards. I need his permission for all of them because I plan to dall units in that syle for vanilla. Ill also upload the old vanilla cards present in DEI old Legions submod too just so there there. Itll be this weekend before I can get to it though.

Thanks for all mate! =) we all apreciate your hard work on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    Thanks for all mate! =) we all apreciate your hard work on that!
    Thanks dude. I got his permission. I'll begin work on the unit cards asap. Tonight, Wednesday, after work I need to update the Grand Campaign startpos in DEI with my AOR tags so I can get the GC squared away, upload the update, get the startpos files sent to Dresden so he can put them in the main DEI. I won't have to update them every time he updates because once he adds them to main DEI my AOR tags will already be in DEI wether you use Caesar's Legions or not. At least Caesar's Legions will stay save game compatibile whenever Dresden updates main DEI [emoji1] Then I'll start work on the AOR guide maps to post in the OP for people to use as references for who's recruited where and get the alternate AOR system uploaded as well hopefully before I go to bed Friday morning that'll be done. After work Friday night I'll get the startpos in the IA MRS minimod updated with AOR tags & test /upload it. Since I have Kaziel permission to use his unit cards as well ill get the vanilla cards done over the weekend too. I'll do 2 vanilla versions : 1)kaziel style 2)original vanilla like in historical legions submod

And, so everyone knows, the most recent update gives a completely rebalanced AOR system for Imperator Augustus campaign that is very similar to historical legions submod. It's as balanced as can be between historical accuracy & good, fun game play. If you want a true, historical AOR wait for me to upload the alternate version that changes each reform era. With this most recent update from this morning, GC is save game compatible. However, Imperator Augustus campaign may require a new campaign to work. In either campaign, I recommend a new start because of how much the AOR changed. I'll be releasing AOR reference maps soon in the OP. Game on, fellow Legionnaires!! . [emoji2]
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; October 08, 2014 at 07:24 AM.

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-08-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

I feel like a boob for asking, but I haven't quite figured out how to recruit the numbered legions. I'm playing as Antony's Rome and was able to recruit a couple legions right off the bat in Greece and Macedonia. I since have developed Syria and a few other provinces and have a majority culture %, but can't recruit anything but the generic legions, and the ones I could before at the start of the game are no longer available.

Quote Originally Posted by Abreas View Post
    I feel like a boob for asking, but I haven't quite figured out how to recruit the numbered legions. I'm playing as Antony's Rome and was able to recruit a couple legions right off the bat in Greece and Macedonia. I since have developed Syria and a few other provinces and have a majority culture %, but can't recruit anything but the generic legions, and the ones I could before at the start of the game are no longer available.
    With the latest update from 10-8-14 the AOR system was revised and the legions should be recruitable from each region and the regions shouldn't change anymore after each reform either. You need to start a new campaign though for it to be right because the startpos was edited to add the AOR tags. Imperator Augustus isn't save game compatible with previous versions. The 10-8-14 update requires a new campaign.. The Grand Campaign hasn't had the startpos edited yet.
    I still haven't updated the Google Drive link, but steam should be updated
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; October 09, 2014 at 03:23 AM.

Dude, you recomend us to start a new campaign at the end of the weekend? not now right? if I start a new campaign now ( GC )...I will need to restart to play with the changes made on your sub-mod?

Dude, you recomend us to start a new campaign at the end of the weekend? not now right? if I start a new campaign now ( GC )...I will need to restart to play with the changes made on your sub-mod?
    Right. For now, you only need to start a new campaign if playing Imperator Augustus. Keep playing the Grand Campaign. I haven't uploaded the new startpos for it yet. Once I do, I'll shoot them both to Dresden for the main DEI so whenever it updates the AOR tags are already present and all I've got to do to keep this up-to-date is update the scripts each time DEI updates and it'll always be save game compatible

Thanks mate, it will be easy for all of us to play with your sub-mods and mini sub-mods, by the way, I hope you could fix the problem with IA MSR when you put the new link, I want it more than anything! hahaha and soon the unit color cards right? =)

Apreciate you, Caesar!

Thats right. All in due time. I'll finish up the GC AOR after work tonight and get the update uploaded then work on the AOR reference maps. Hopefully have them done and uploaded too before I go to bed tomorrow morning. That way I can concentrate on IA MRS after work Friday night. I gotta do the startpos on it too and send it to Dresden as well & almost forgot the CiG startpos. I might do all of those tonight after work first and get them sent before he releases another update so they're in it, THEN the AOR Reference Maps as they only take about hour to do all of them.

Ahhh good, it wasn't me being a boob then
    Right on, and thanks again.

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-09-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Sorry for my bad english. I wonder that my legions (from XIIICaesar) have only 160 soldiers while dei's legions have 240s in augustus campain. Does anyone have same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ncdquang View Post
    Sorry for my bad english. I wonder that my legions (from XIIICaesar) have only 160 soldiers while dei's legions have 240s in augustus campain. Does anyone have same problem?
    Someone else mention a similar issue with the number of soldiers in each unit in the workshop. I've been updating everything I can as the BUG comes to my attention. When I first started updating this mod, I started with Caesar's Legions for DEI v0.8 so there is a lot that has changed since then. I'm still trying to find out what dB file I've got to change to do that.

Thanks XIIICaesar. Looking forward to the next update

Okay. So, this is the Kaziel-style UI cards I'm doing right now. It's a 50-50 mix between Kaziel and Vanilla. Opinions.... especially ROMAL. This is the compromise between Kaziel and Vanilla I came up with. As for the shields I'll probably go with the brighter one to the left. It matches up more with Kaziel's and the other Auxilia DEI has done. Plus, the one on the right is too dark IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    Okay. So, this is the Kaziel-style UI cards I'm doing right now. It's a 50-50 mix between Kaziel and Vanilla. Opinions.... especially ROMAL. This is the compromise between Kaziel and Vanilla I came up with. As for the shields I'll probably go with the brighter one to the left. It matches up more with Kaziel's and the other Auxilia DEI has done. Plus, the one on the right is too dark IMO.
    Awesome! but I still love the simple style, thereīs no need to paint helmet, sword, etc, itīs more time, but if you want...feel free!I like the aux units cards of Don_Diego, they have a very good style for historical vision of DEI, it is all for cohesion. apreciate your work! but I want to start a new campaign!! hahaha itīs a joke, take your time mate! Thanks, and good work, as always! =)
    Last edited by Marcus Flavius; October 10, 2014 at 05:12 AM.

Awesome! but I still love the simple style, thereīs no need to paint helmet, sword, etc, itīs more time, but if you want...feel free!I like the aux units cards of Don_Diego, they have a very good style for historical vision of DEI, it is all for cohesion. apreciate your work! but I want to start a new campaign!! hahaha itīs a joke, take your time mate! Thanks, and good work, as always! =)
    You can start a new campaign now. Its ready. CiG, IA, GC all 3 just start a new campaign and your good to go on all of them. The AOR is finished. I've still got to upload the Alternates, BUT the standard is done. The updated versions are live, Steam & Non-Steam links in the OP. The unaltered Vanilla UI cards will also be uplaoded too. Those are just in the same style as Kaziel's.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; October 10, 2014 at 05:51 AM.