Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

Default Re: [Official Submod] Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Caesar I use the old .96 skins submod by Dresden because my fps drops to low if I don't use it. Do I need to load your mod before or after that submod? Also if I need to load yours first will my fps likely drop again?

Thanks for the help and keep up the good work

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Grizwald714 View Post
    Caesar I use the old .96 skins submod by Dresden because my fps drops to low if I don't use it. Do I need to load your mod before or after that submod? Also if I need to load yours first will my fps likely drop again?

Thanks for the help and keep up the good work
    I don't think it will matter if Caesar's Legions or the skins submod is loaded first as the skin submod should only affect DEI and not my submod. Just to be safe I'd load Caesar's Legions FIRST then the skin submod then DEI. And no, you shoudln't see a Big/Small FPS Drop when using my mod though.

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

Hi XIII Caesar,

I just started new Roman campaign and noticed that Legio V Alaudae and Legio XXII Primigenia should be available for recruitment in Italy through Manipular barracks. When i try to train them they are not in offered rooster???

Im using Dei latest Fix Pack 1.03b.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian_BGX View Post
    Hi XIII Caesar,

I just started new Roman campaign and noticed that Legio V Alaudae and Legio XXII Primigenia should be available for recruitment in Italy through Manipular barracks. When i try to train them they are not in offered rooster???

Im using Dei latest Fix Pack 1.03b.

Judging from the building descriptions & unit cards in your screenshots, it soars you're still in the Camilian/Polybian era; not the Marian era. Legions aren't unlocked until you reach Marian/Imperial eras.

kruma's Avatar Civis

Ceasar, is the recuitment AOr map still the same as for the original Historical legions mod? I need to know as it is important for me in the way I plan buildings in newly conquered lands. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kruma View Post
    Ceasar, is the recuitment AOr map still the same as for the original Historical legions mod? I need to know as it is important for me in the way I plan buildings in newly conquered lands. Thanks
    Not exactly but similar. In the OP I have AOR maps that show which legion is recruited where.

****UPDATE****
    I've finished my reskin for Caesarean/Marian and tested it in-game. I've got to tweak the colors of the helmets & greaves. The colors are a little bit off. And I've also got to figure out how to get my pteruges to work correctly.

kruma's Avatar Civis

May be i am stupid but what is the OP? :/

I used this map for my planning but i see that there are differences http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13722075

May be i am stupid but what is the OP? :/

I used this map for my planning but i see that there are differences http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13722075
    You're not stupid, stupidity is lack of ability to understand our comprehend I think. Ignorance would've been the choice words as ignorance is merely the lack of knowledge needed [emoji41] The OP is Original Post or the first post in a thread. I've got AOR maps in it. They should have everything you need dude. & remember there's only ever going to be 1 stupid question come from anyone and that is the question that a person doesn't ask. Never hesitate to ask, I'll always help you out with an answer[emoji2]

kruma's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    You're not stupid, stupidity is lack of ability to understand our comprehend I think. Ignorance would've been the choice words as ignorance is merely the lack of knowledge needed [emoji41] The OP is Original Post or the first post in a thread. I've got AOR maps in it. They should have everything you need dude. & remember there's only ever going to be 1 stupid question come from anyone and that is the question that a person doesn't ask. Never hesitate to ask, I'll always help you out with an answer[emoji2]
    Thanks. Then in the OP there is only this mentioned "I based the region each Legion is recruitable from based on the Official Historical Legions submod for DEI. "

So it is the old map that the previous mod used it seems

[CONTENTBOX=AOR System Versions, DL Links, and Info]

STANDARD Version

Although a few legions aren't recruited in their historic regions, the standard version was made that way to have a better balance for game play.

GRAND CAMPAIGN

IMPERATOR AUGUSTUS

Thanks. Then in the OP there is only this mentioned "I based the region each Legion is recruitable from based on the Official Historical Legions submod for DEI. "

So it is the old map that the previous mod used it seems

My maps are in the above quote.

So, which AOR map is the right one for DEI? On the quoted one i don't see Legio IV Flavia Felix ???

."
    -Thucydides

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

is it save compatible?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

So, which AOR map is the right one for DEI? On the quoted one i don't see Legio IV Flavia Felix ???
    the old name of the IV flavia felix was IV Macedonica, vespasian change the name in 70 AD

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Claudius Drusus View Post
    the old name of the IV flavia felix was IV Macedonica, vespasian change the name in 70 AD
    Since im living few hundred meters from their castrum im familiar with that info. Some screenshots on previous pages are showing Flavia Felix IV. post #368

Im not sure if polybian / marian / imperial timeline is cause for this but Flavia Felix IV had much bigger role and lasted much longer that IV Macedonica. Their founding date 86AD is the reason why they are not in Grand Campaign?

• IV Macedonica lifetime was 48BC - 70 AD
    • IV Flavia Felix lifetime 86AD- 4th century
    • Macedonica V lifetime 43BC - 5th century
    Last edited by Praetorian_BGX; January 23, 2015 at 08:01 AM.

."
    -Thucydides

that's why the imperial era unit is called :IV Flavia Felix as the XVI Gallica change and become XVI Flavia Firma

that's why the imperial era unit is called :IV Flavia Felix as the XVI Gallica change and become XVI Flavia Firma
    I didn't reached Imperial reforms yet, but are you saying that IV Macedonica can be upgraded to IV Flavia Felix using upgrade button? Or you have to manually disband IV macedonica and train IV Flavia Felix?

."
    -Thucydides

Icon14 Re: [Official Submod] Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

If you're using this Caesar's Legions version, then it's for DEI. Use my AOR maps from the OP for recruitment referencing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    is it save compatible?
    Is what save-game compatible? The latest update? Should be as it was mainly stats updates. However, since it also included updated scripts, I would start a new campaign if you encounter any recruitment issues with any unit.
    I didn't reached Imperial reforms yet, but are you saying that IV Macedonica can be upgraded to IV Flavia Felix using upgrade button? Or you have to manually disband IV macedonica and train IV Flavia Felix?
    Yup. IV Macedonica can upgrade to IV Flavia Felix after the Imperial reforms.
    Since im living few hundred meters from their castrum im familiar with that info. Some screenshots on previous pages are showing Flavia Felix IV. post #368

Im not sure if polybian / marian / imperial timeline is cause for this but Flavia Felix IV had much bigger role and lasted much longer that IV Macedonica. Their founding date 86AD is the reason why they are not in Grand Campaign?

• IV Macedonica lifetime was 48BC - 70 AD
    • IV Flavia Felix lifetime 86AD- 4th century
    • Macedonica V lifetime 43BC - 5th century
    Thats is correct on the time frame.
    Also correct.

Yup. IV Macedonica can upgrade to IV Flavia Felix after the Imperial reforms.
    Many thanks for fast feedback, that's a great news. I read all the 20 pages of this thread and didn't find this info. Too bad that polybian units cannot be upgraded to some of the legions, or at least to some Veteran Units or Praetorian Guard even. Hate do disband those guys

."
    -Thucydides

Many thanks for fast feedback, that's a great news. I read all the 20 pages of this thread and didn't find this info. Too bad that polybian units cannot be upgraded to some of the legions, or at least to some Veteran Units or Praetorian Guard even. Hate do disband those guys
    They can but the problem would be you'd have to have multiple database entries for Pricipes, Hastati, &Triarii. Separate entries for each region so that they could be set to upgrade to each individual legion based on region the Polybian unit was recruited from.

Hi XIIICaesar,

Just noticed these strange helmets. They look like they are missing texture? I also attached my load order inside mod manager.

."
    -Thucydides