Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 897

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

  1. #21

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    He would have to edit some primary DeI tables to remove those units and it would make keeping this updated a rather large pain in the rear.

    Follow us: Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube - Facebook

  2. #22
    XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern GA, USA
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takarazuka View Post
    Okay call me stupid, but I have never fully understood the historical legions mod and now this as well. So you can recruit a legion from, say Italia, and it is named/numbered as the same historical legion from that province? If you recruit additional legions from that same province, do they just default to the vanilla name? So, if you want to be as historical as possible, you only recruit a single legion from a province so it has that correct name/number. Would make the game rather challenging no? Not a bad thing but just curious!
    Check this link out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_legions

    Right now the AOR system is setup this way: CORE Rome, like Italy and surrounding don't really have legions to recruit. The Late Republican Legionnaires, or Marian, are recruitable from the province where Augustus used them at during the second triumvirate war or where they were stationed or seen a lot of action at during Augustus' early reign. The Imperial legionnaires are recruitable in provinces mostly on the border of what the Roman Empire was before the split and where they were stationed mainly at through to the 4th century in East or West. A few are recruitable where they met their end: XVII-XVIIII were all 3 destroyed in Battle of Teutoburg Forest so theyre recruitable in Germania. Legio VIIII Hispana is recruitable in Britannia during Imperial era because thats last know recorded stationing of them before they disappear from records. Its setup for the recruitment province to change after each reform level. In RADIOUS/VANILLA they unlock with technologies so I had the CiG early republican legionnaires in main campaigns unlock with Renumerations Reforms recruitable in CORE Roman provinces like Hispania Gaul Italy. The after Cohort Organisation you have late republican/early Augustus reign legionnaires recuritable in places like macedonia dacia judead and egypt. Close to Romes reach around Augustrus' time. Then after Legionary tech researched Imperial Legionnaires are unlocked and recruited from outlying provinces likle Syria Armenia Galatia Dacia Britania Germania. It was setup to be as accurate as I felt and provide the simulation of the legionary recruitment zones change as your empire expands in game. So as you get more province and research the tech to unlock next legions you upgrade your old ones and can destroy barracks in previous provinces closer to rome for another building slot and only have to have barracks in newly conquered territories to recruit legions right on edge of your borders as you expand the empire and it also ensured historical expansion while playing the game too because you literally had to conquer those specific territories to r3ecruit legions after each tech got researched. It meant you would have to expand to keep creating the Legions and armies of Rome and guaranteed almost a historical expansion of your borders in the game with real life Roman Empire. I put an extremely lot of time and thought into all of that. BUT with DEI you have scripts for the reforms so I made the early republican legionnaire the models used in CiG and the Imperator Augustus start with Imperial. In grand campiagn you recruit Late Republican/early Augustus reign (MARIAN) and after Imperial reforms upgrade and recruit Imperial Legions. Its not balanced for gameplay as in I recruit LEGIO XXX from Italy during Marian reforms and after Imperial reforms. No I thought that wasnt historical. As Legio VIIII was sent to hispania during Agustus early reign for the Cantabrian wars and gained it Hispania cognomen from being stationed there COOL marian reforms has it recruitable there BUT after imperial reforms its located in Britannia and recruitable there because The Legio VIIII disappeared I think from records after ca. 160~ish AD while in Britannia not Hispania.

    Probably could've made that shorter folks --> SORRY. Lol. But there is an explanation on the current AOR system. After the Bullgod/Vanilla style poll ends I will do one more on the AOR system and the voters, you, will decide. AOR thats is uniquly historical and changes with each reform and pretty much ensures you take a sort-of historical expansion to be able to recruit the Legions where they historically were during each reform OR AOR system like the old historical legions where You recruit the legion uin this province it stays in same province after reforms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Just want to say thanks to XIIICaesar for taking over this submod Very much appreciated.
    You're welcome dude. I updated the old Caesar's Legion for Radious and Vanilla and when it came to DEI I couldnt resist Lol. DEI is, after all, a historical mod. Its just like my old Rome I days with Europa Barborum mod. Loved that mods historical accuracies. Im pretty sure thats why I love this mod so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous_Jones View Post
    Hello and thank you for this submod! It's great! One question though; is there a reason why the Default un numbered legions are still recruitable? Seems kinda unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    He would have to edit some primary DeI tables to remove those units and it would make keeping this updated a rather large pain in the rear.
    Like Dresden said, it would require a lot of work because everytime he updated the main DEI I'd have to extract the relevant DB files and edit them then import them into Caesars Legions and reupload Caesars. Whereas if you just do like I do and ignore the generic legionnaires, Caesars Legions pretty much stays compatible regardless of DEI updates that way. UNTIL I get the AOR poll posted and see the results. It'll be a different story then Lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicCuboid View Post
    You've done a great amount of work, XIIICaesar! Having the Historical Legions in the Augustus Campaign will tons of fun.

    Though I voted for Bullgod style icons, I've noticed that Franky's Bullgod cards are far less detailed than the ones Scaevola and I worked on. Here is a quick comparison picture, with Scaevola's on top and Franky's on the bottom:

    Attachment 314974

    As you can see, Scaevola stayed true to the armor, clothing, and shield color of how the units appear in-game. Furthermore, there is a Legion number attached to the bottom of the unit card. Lastly, Scaevola's shields are in keeping with the perspective of the model, whereas Franky's shields are 2 dimensional.

    Perhaps I could help rename Scaevola's cards and assign them in the mod? I'd hate to lose all that work.
    Im glad you pointed that out. Your Bullgod cards do look a lot better. They kinda popout, ya know? Heres my thing though, in Caesars Legions its a believe what Historical Legions submod originally was. Dresden trimmed it down and removed some of the units and just assigned alternate textures based on recruitment zone if thats the case. Like in Caesars Legion they're 3 Legio III recruitable in 3 different places, Legio III Augusta, Cyrenaicia and one other. Each has a different unit unit card in Caesars Legions. Also theyre are Marian, Imperial and I call them early republican legions that Ive only got enabled for CiG campaign for DEI version. All 3 sets of Legions every single one has unique unit cards that represent each indivdual unitys textures or what not I guess you could say. My ? is this: I see that yours and Scaevolia's unit cards are better, no ? there. Ive attatched a zip that contains the unit variables database file in tsv format so you can edit it with Excel or any spreadsheet program or just import it into PFM and edit and the UI folder that contains all the Unit cards and masks from Vanilla Caesars Legions (all 3 versions use the same of these). If you would want to do it and could like you said reassign your cards to the Caesars Legions butalso create some new cards to match up with units in Caesars Legions that werent present in Historical Legions so they all still have unique cards? If you could and do I would like permission, provided you agree to do it, to upload them into all 3 versions of Caesars Legions Ive got updated for EE on the Forums. Lemme know if you're interested. Because since I actually see the comparison yours are more visually appealking and stand out more and just look better. Also, did you use a diffrent vunit card version for first cohorts?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: quintuple posts//merged

  3. #23

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    In my opinion the vanilla style icons in the future to alter under a strict and close to the Roman antiquity with colored items, such strict style is more appropriate concept modification DeI unlike the animated children from Bullgod.
    Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic Unit Icons

  4. #24

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    The number of legions definitely is a problem. I made 45 unit cards for the older historical legions submod. Even back then not every legion got the unit card it deserves. You need 151 unit cards. That's a lot of work ... and a lot of time.
    EN TIBI UT SENTIAS QUAM VILE CORPUS SIT IIS QUI MAGNAM GLORIAM VIDENT
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA


  5. #25
    XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern GA, USA
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    In my opinion the vanilla style icons in the future to alter under a strict and close to the Roman antiquity with colored items, such strict style is more appropriate concept modification DeI unlike the animated children from Bullgod.
    Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic Unit Icons
    Those look bad @$$ dude but I attempted something similar to that few months back for all the vanilla unit cards but the project was overwhelming so I never completed it & lost all drive to finish. I actually prefer those over bullgod for the historical immersion but just don't have the time to do all the cards nor know how to do the shield textures that good

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaevola View Post
    The number of legions definitely is a problem. I made 45 unit cards for the older historical legions submod. Even back then not every legion got the unit card it deserves. You need 151 unit cards. That's a lot of work ... and a lot of time.
    True, very true. It was just a thought. If you don't have the time I understand. Myself in keeping this going in vanilla, dei, & Radious forums. I work full time job, sell comics, dvds, & build /repair custom pcs too in addition to my job . Trust me I understand lol time is a valuable thing very valuable lol. If nothing else I'll just add back in the bullgod style cards it came with
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: dp/merged

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    Those look bad @$$ dude but I attempted something similar to that few months back for all the vanilla unit cards but the project was overwhelming so I never completed it & lost all drive to finish. I actually prefer those over bullgod for the historical immersion but just don't have the time to do all the cards nor know how to do the shield textures that good

    I think the same...i hate bulldog children style..if you ask for help..maybe to Kaziel? Thanks for your work! =)

    and by the way, if this sub-mod was made for DEI, and DEI version have vanilla style unit card, i donīt think bulldog style could be a good idea, breaks the stetic of the game himself...please, think about it! thereīs actually a mod to put bulldog style to numbered legions, leave this clean, or made an apropiate style! =)
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: dp/merged

  7. #27
    MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    687

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    Haha, wow 151 legions. That's really great (I have yet to fully explore this submod!)

    Scaevola's the real guru here. I just did a couple touchups and did the coding. I had no idea our Bullgod project was only halfway to finished when compared to this updated version, however!

    ROMAL: those unit cards are really good too, actually. It's a same CA didn't go the extra mile and colorize the cards in such tasteful ways.

    Anyway I am but a humble modder with mainly the skills to edit rather than create, so I'll stay on the sidelines for now and see how this turns out. I can stand ready to at least import the existing Scaevola UI cards if they are desired, though
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

  8. #28
    XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern GA, USA
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    and by the way, if this sub-mod was made for DEI, and DEI version have vanilla style unit card, i donīt think bulldog style could be a good idea, breaks the stetic of the game himself...please, think about it! thereīs actually a mod to put bulldog style to numbered legions, leave this clean, or made an apropiate style! =)
    The Bullgod style mod made was made for Historical Legions submod --> the previous one that my updated Caesar's Legions has replaced. The Bullgod submod doesnt begin to cover the number of unit cards needed for Caesar's Legions. BUT I completley agree with the Kaziel/Vanilla style cards complete the historical immersion. I'm actually gonna start back up that project I had started way back again this weekend. I f you want the link just comment in here and I'll quote you and reply with the linbk to the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicCuboid View Post
    Haha, wow 151 legions. That's really great (I have yet to fully explore this submod!)

    Scaevola's the real guru here. I just did a couple touchups and did the coding. I had no idea our Bullgod project was only halfway to finished when compared to this updated version, however!

    ROMAL: those unit cards are really good too, actually. It's a same CA didn't go the extra mile and colorize the cards in such tasteful ways.

    Anyway I am but a humble modder with mainly the skills to edit rather than create, so I'll stay on the sidelines for now and see how this turns out. I can stand ready to at least import the existing Scaevola UI cards if they are desired, though
    Alright. I'll let you know if I decide to go with them. If everybody votes Bullgod I'll probably just keep the ones that came with the mod though. That nobody --> me, you or scaevola have to do much. Howevere, if you're good at editing, how did you ge the shield textures to "popout" like that dude? They're just such an eye-catcher compared to the ones that come with the mod. I, myself, am gonna try to get Kaziel from Kaziel's Romans to lemme know his secret, Lol, on gertting the shield on those vanilla style unit cards so I can restart my, very ambitous, project of redesigning vanilla cards to be more appealing.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:22 PM. Reason: dp/merged

  9. #29

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    The Bullgod style mod made was made for Historical Legions submod --> the previous one that my updated Caesar's Legions has replaced. The Bullgod submod doesnt begin to cover the number of unit cards needed for Caesar's Legions. BUT I completley agree with the Kaziel/Vanilla style cards complete the historical immersion. I'm actually gonna start back up that project I had started way back again this weekend. I f you want the link just comment in here and I'll quote you and reply with the linbk to the thread.
    Yes..if finally bulldog style wins in that pool..I want Kaziel/Vanilla style cards..itīs taht possible? are you gonna made two links? one with bulldog and one with Kaziel/Vanilla?
    and by the way..why people love bulldog style? jajajaja =) Thanks Caesar, for all your work, i didnīt test it yet...to much work

  10. #30

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    Well, while I was trying to get some sleep yesterday, I thought this over. 151 sounds pretty much. That's for sure. But think about this: There are just 106 left. Iam just guessing, but suspect those 100 unit cards left, to share many shield paintings, armor types and assets with the ones I already made. I can't believe they are all that different. When Dresden scaled the original mod down, he probably left many legions out which look way to similar to others. That would make my work a lot easier.

    Could anyone out there give a little input regarding my assumptions? Has anyone decent experience with this mod and most of the legions on the battlefield?
    EN TIBI UT SENTIAS QUAM VILE CORPUS SIT IIS QUI MAGNAM GLORIAM VIDENT
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA


  11. #31
    XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern GA, USA
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    Yes..if finally bulldog style wins in that pool..I want Kaziel/Vanilla style cards..itīs taht possible? are you gonna made two links? one with bulldog and one with Kaziel/Vanilla?
    and by the way..why people love bulldog style? jajajaja =) Thanks Caesar, for all your work, i didnīt test it yet...to much work
    Yes whichever wins will be put in the mod. The one that loses will also be offered as a separate link.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaevola View Post
    Well, while I was trying to get some sleep yesterday, I thought this over. 151 sounds pretty much. That's for sure. But think about this: There are just 106 left. Iam just guessing, but suspect those 100 unit cards left, to share many shield paintings, armor types and assets with the ones I already made. I can't believe they are all that different. When Dresden scaled the original mod down, he probably left many legions out which look way to similar to others. That would make my work a lot easier.

    Could anyone out there give a little input regarding my assumptions? Has anyone decent experience with this mod and most of the legions on the battlefield?
    I would look at the original bullgod style cards and use those as a reference. They're Pretty accurate far as I know with the legions battle models. Plus there isn't as many legions as you think dude. If you're basing the number units off the number of cards you know half of them are just first cohorts with same look as other cohorts
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: dp/merged

  12. #32

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    Yes whichever wins will be put in the mod. The one that loses will also be offered as a separate link.
    apreciate that mate! =)

  13. #33
    XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern GA, USA
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    apreciate that mate! =)
    No problem dude

  14. #34

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    Sounds reasonable. If there are something about 75 legions (counting early and late versions together here), I suspect there is 30 to 40 cards to do. I still hold to my assumptions, which means it's a bearable workload. I am still interested in some expert knowledge regarding those legions on the actual battlefield.
    EN TIBI UT SENTIAS QUAM VILE CORPUS SIT IIS QUI MAGNAM GLORIAM VIDENT
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA


  15. #35

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    Caesar! now i see the new unit cards made by Kaziel, it would be awesome to made something simillar for thouse legions! it will be nice to see all unit cards of the game like this way...much better than bulldog ( no offense to taht master of modding )

  16. #36
    XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern GA, USA
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    Caesar! now i see the new unit cards made by Kaziel, it would be awesome to made something simillar for thouse legions! it will be nice to see all unit cards of the game like this way...much better than bulldog ( no offense to taht master of modding )
    Oh yeah. They are awesome dude. Very good vanilla style cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaevola View Post
    Sounds reasonable. If there are something about 75 legions (counting early and late versions together here), I suspect there is 30 to 40 cards to do. I still hold to my assumptions, which means it's a bearable workload. I am still interested in some expert knowledge regarding those legions on the actual battlefield.
    I will try to help you my best when I can test it out this weekend dude.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: dp/merged

  17. #37
    MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    687

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    Scaevola, I will team up with you to get this done . I'll see if I can make a submod like Don Diego did to make these Historical Legions available in custom battle. After that I'll go down the line like last time and make a list.

    When I was doublechecking the cards last time, I had helmet, arms, shield, legs, and armor categories. Like LEGO blocks, I assigned Montefortino or Gallic; Long Sleeves, Short Sleeves; Long Pants, Short Pants, Tunic, etc.

    These categories also receive colors. Once a spreadsheet is made, I suspect as you do that it would be a matter of recoloring and copy/pasting the different parts. Your priority could be the new art, and I could prioritize the cut and paste jobs

    (while I'm at it, I might move the "eagle" and "prima" logos to the topleft, since they often get cut off in-game)
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

  18. #38
    XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern GA, USA
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicCuboid View Post
    Scaevola, I will team up with you to get this done . I'll see if I can make a submod like Don Diego did to make these Historical Legions available in custom battle. After that I'll go down the line like last time and make a list.

    When I was doublechecking the cards last time, I had helmet, arms, shield, legs, and armor categories. Like LEGO blocks, I assigned Montefortino or Gallic; Long Sleeves, Short Sleeves; Long Pants, Short Pants, Tunic, etc.

    These categories also receive colors. Once a spreadsheet is made, I suspect as you do that it would be a matter of recoloring and copy/pasting the different parts. Your priority could be the new art, and I could prioritize the cut and paste jobs

    (while I'm at it, I might move the "eagle" and "prima" logos to the topleft, since they often get cut off in-game)
    What submod are you talking abut --> do you have a link? Anyhow, if you can get the units working in custom battle I would, with your permission and credit, like to incorporate it into all 3 versions of this mod. I've got people in the Vanilla & Radious forums asking for custom battles as well. And lemme know if I can help you 2 with the Bullgod cards and if I can I'll do it.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    Sounds like you want to do the boring part, MagicCuboid. That would help me a lot, of course but I am not sure if I want you to do all of that. As far as I understand, there's really not much of interest in copying stuff for me. Sounds like you eat bread and give me the cookies. If you feel compelled to do this then have a word about design choices is the very least I can do.
    EN TIBI UT SENTIAS QUAM VILE CORPUS SIT IIS QUI MAGNAM GLORIAM VIDENT
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA


  20. #40
    XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern GA, USA
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaevola View Post
    Sounds like you want to do the boring part, MagicCuboid. That would help me a lot, of course but I am not sure if I want you to do all of that. As far as I understand, there's really not much of interest in copying stuff for me. Sounds like you eat bread and give me the cookies. If you feel compelled to do this then have a word about design choices is the very least I can do.
    I've added the original Bullgod style cards the original mod had back in until you complete your project. As soon as you do I'll swap them out.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •