Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: **NEW PREVIEWS**12-16-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Bingerus View Post
    uuuuuuuh dude, ya have a nice taste for details, this brings really "life" into different legions, may i suggest to darken the legio Gallica red shields too, i think they look to bright, but it is just my humble opinion, your updating work on these units is really appreciated and more and more users will explore this pearl of beauty

edit: just saw the clipping on the legs, between trousers and the greaves, might be the angle though
    I started too but when I compared it to the Legio IV, IV was only so bright because I messed up my color overlay setting on the Standard Shield & Legio Shield lol. The III is actually true to the RSII standard and I based the legio shield colors off their RSII standard design colors. Also, the legs, yeah its just clipping, the angle of the screenshot. Theres a trick when taking a screenie, if you press n it zooms in super close and gets rid of the different angles and clippings. Sometimes it still shows but its far less likely to. Thanks for the compliments on the details though. I want my legion shields to be truly unique. Just wait until I port over the RSII original shields for Marian and Imperial designs. Oh, and in case people are wondering why I use the battle worn faded paint for the legio shields and not the standard bearers its because I belive histoircally plauibly that standard bearers shields would've been far better upkept and detailed and quality wise as they were the standard bearers and hallmark of each cohorts.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; December 17, 2014 at 03:01 AM.

Default Re: **NEW PREVIEWS**12-16-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

=O to much time without a view on this thread! love to see all that news! =) awesome work man, now you have your own legions, you report this to DEI team? you are a very good modder! is this avaliable now in the mod? and sorry, maybe you said it but, no more vanilla style cards? only bulldog?

Thanks for all, great work, apreciate that, love the details! have a nice christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    =O to much time without a view on this thread! love to see all that news! =) awesome work man, now you have your own legions, you report this to DEI team? you are a very good modder! is this avaliable now in the mod? and sorry, maybe you said it but, no more vanilla style cards? only bulldog?

Thanks for all, great work, apreciate that, love the details! have a nice christmas!
    Not uploaded into current version yet. I will do vanilla style cards too. Thanks for the compliments dude. I'm working on the Marian units now.

I was going to remove the current Early Marian legionnaires from the Caesar's Legions by Franky that's the current version. However, when I tried to weed out the variants needed to be removed I couldn't figure out what was what looking at his variant structures. So, I'll have to wait until I complete my mod before I can upload the new legions. Very sorry about this people. But the amount of time I'd spend doing that I can spend cranking out the RSII Marian/Imperial shields instead whioch is what I've been doing and that leads me to my next question for you followers of the mod. You see based on my previews I did away with the generic, Hollywood-like incarnation of most Roman shields and reworked the shield colors of each individual legion to match their specific sheild bearers' shield designs. Now, I've already done about half of the RSII Marian shields. Now what do you people want, the shield colors already present in each RSII shield or do you want me to continue with the colors significant of each individual legion's standard bearers' shield design as I did with the Caesareans? I, personally, would rather do like I did with the Caesareans as it is way more unique and has more of an authentic feel/look to me, as well as cohesion.

Here's the link to the original RSII shields LINK. Just scroll down the page and you'll see them.

I just used used winrar to compress your mod and turned a +200 MB file to a 30 MB archive in 5 seconds
    It would be nice if you do the same in the future!
    Also thanks for the mod

@ XIII Caesar :

RSII all the way

To be honest, the pics you provided don't really make justice to your work (low quality graphics I suppose) and some of the additions seem to have over saturated colours (or perhaps it's the screenshot ?).

Quote Originally Posted by jjmax View Post
    I just used used winrar to compress your mod and turned a +200 MB file to a 30 MB archive in 5 seconds
    It would be nice if you do the same in the future!
    Also thanks for the mod
    I'll check that out. Hadn't ever thought about it. I use 7Zip though but I'll try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krasnaļa Zvezda View Post
    @ XIII Caesar :

RSII all the way

To be honest, the pics you provided don't really make justice to your work (low quality graphics I suppose) and some of the additions seem to have over saturated colours (or perhaps it's the screenshot ?).
    Of you're referring to the unit cards I've still got to change the unit cards. They don't match up to the shields I'm using now. As for the screen shots, they're not saturated of anything. And the screens were done on Extreme graphic setting.

You lost me, what are you talking about ?

Shield design and skin for the units ?

or

Unit cards ?

You lost me, what are you talking about ?

Shield design and skin for the units ?

or

Unit cards ?
    You said you thought the pics were low quality graphics. They were taken in extreme settings. And you referred to Oversaturated Colors. What are you referrencing to?

TomTeki's Avatar Laetus

Hi XIIICaesar. Actual version of your historical legions is compatible for DeI 1.01? Do you have intention to create a unit card like in DeI?
    Thank you

I'm pretty sure it's not compatible due to the units using the old stats for pre 1.0. I haven't tried it yet so I might be wrong.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Please update!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomTeki View Post
    Hi XIIICaesar. Actual version of your historical legions is compatible for DeI 1.01? Do you have intention to create a unit card like in DeI?
    Thank you
    I do intend to create unit cards like DEI 1.0 once I find out how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizwald714 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's not compatible due to the units using the old stats for pre 1.0. I haven't tried it yet so I might be wrong.
    It should still work and be compatible. The stats will be off a little bit but the mod should still work
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Please update!!!!!!

Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Just to update everyone..... I'm almost finished with the Marian RSII shields. Then I gotta do the shield rigid models(have to relink them to the new shield textures) and after that's done the legion variantmeshes. Next, I'll do the same for the Imperial RSII shields. What I've decided to do is copy the Marian shields over to Imperial shields and have the Marian units upgrade to their Imperial versions. That in combination with the original RSII Imperials will result in full 28 legions present during the Pricipate era and recruitable during the Imperial reforms PLUS the other legions of the same numbers RSII used such as Legio I Minerva Pia Fidelis and Legio I Audiutrix for example; as these and other legions were raised by other emperors during the Principate era. As for the Marian reforms, the units recruitable will be all of the Caesarean units found in CiG as well as the 12 legions RSII made shields for that are representative of the legions used by Octavian during the 2nd Civil War. I consider the end of the 2nd Civil War more or less the end of the Republic and beginning of the Empire. I've also been in contact with Rafkos(did the new unit cards for DEI) and he has said he will help me out with making the new unit card style for all my legions. Don't ask me how they do it because he wouldn't tell me --- he said "Trade Secrets" and I don't have a problem with that. It seems like a very complicated process and I'm more than willing to let him handle it since he has said he would help.

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    Just to update everyone..... I'm almost finished with the Marian RSII shields. Then I gotta do the shield rigid models(have to relink them to the new shield textures) and after that's done the legion variantmeshes. Next, I'll do the same for the Imperial RSII shields. What I've decided to do is copy the Marian shields over to Imperial shields and have the Marian units upgrade to their Imperial versions. That in combination with the original RSII Imperials will result in full 28 legions present during the Pricipate era and recruitable during the Imperial reforms PLUS the other legions of the same numbers RSII used such as Legio I Minerva Pia Fidelis and Legio I Audiutrix for example; as these and other legions were raised by other emperors during the Principate era. As for the Marian reforms, the units recruitable will be all of the Caesarean units found in CiG as well as the 12 legions RSII made shields for that are representative of the legions used by Octavian during the 2nd Civil War. I consider the end of the 2nd Civil War more or less the end of the Republic and beginning of the Empire. I've also been in contact with Rafkos(did the new unit cards for DEI) and he has said he will help me out with making the new unit card style for all my legions. Don't ask me how they do it because he wouldn't tell me --- he said "Trade Secrets" and I don't have a problem with that. It seems like a very complicated process and I'm more than willing to let him handle it since he has said he would help.
    Glad to read that there will be quite some choice in unit variety

I was confused when you posted the screenshots and gave me your response because I thought that you were talking about the unit cards since you intend to make them for your mod too.

Glad to read that there will be quite some choice in unit variety

I was confused when you posted the screenshots and gave me your response because I thought that you were talking about the unit cards since you intend to make them for your mod too.
    Right and thanks. Yeah I'll do the new DEI-style unit cards, vanilla, & Bullgod style. That way everyone will be able to play according to their own style choices. It'll be a pain to do them all[emoji28] but I think everyone will be all the happier for it. And as for your earliest posts I replied to, yeah the unit cards was what I thought you were referring to. The units themselves are good quality screens though right?

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    The units themselves are good quality screens though right?
    To be perfectly honest, I don't really like the screens but I think it has to do with the fact that I use GEM and that my graphic settings are higher.

I think I went to extreme or ultra for the units because that's what I focus on in a battle, not the grass and other things from the environment so I put them to medium.

To be perfectly honest, I don't really like the screens but I think it has to do with the fact that I use GEM and that my graphic settings are higher.

I think I went to extreme or ultra for the units because that's what I focus on in a battle, not the grass and other things from the environment so I put them to medium.
    The screenshots were taken with all of my graphics settings on Extreme. I just don't use GEM.

mester's Avatar Tiro

I use your mod, the version which works with the submod that brings back the marian legionaries to the augustus campaign. I noticed that the upkeep costs are too low in comparison with those in dei. A legionary unit in dei has an upkeep cost more than 250 but with your mod the cost is 73.

Quote Originally Posted by mester View Post
    I use your mod, the version which works with the submod that brings back the marian legionaries to the augustus campaign. I noticed that the upkeep costs are too low in comparison with those in dei. A legionary unit in dei has an upkeep cost more than 250 but with your mod the cost is 73.
    Right. I know some stats are off but I'm concentrating on found the new units right now because once they're done I'll replace this entire mod. All of my dB files are also being redone from scratch. Everything will match up and be up to date once I finish the new units and upload the new mod I just ask everyone to be a little bit patient.