Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: **UPDATE**12-3-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Bingerus View Post
    i never played CiG campaign before, that's why i asked...so i will wait till the end of the week, damn ya, only ya and your hot submod is preventing me from it, hehe...have a nice one
    Ah, Lol. If you're gonna start your first CiG campaign once I release the new legions this weekend then there's another submod you should use in combination with Caesar's Legions. Do a Google search for "Young Caesar" Rome II submod. It's somewhere here on TWC & possibly Stream. It retextures Julius Caesar where he's young again on Campaign/Battle Maps instead of an old man.

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    Ah, Lol. If you're gonna start your first CiG campaign once I release the new legions this weekend then there's another submod you should use in combination with Caesar's Legions. Do a Google search for "Young Caesar" Rome II submod. It's somewhere here on TWC & possibly Stream. It retextures Julius Caesar where he's young again on Campaign/Battle Maps instead of an old man.
    that was the first mod i searched for, cause Caesar was young at his Bellum Gallicum et Germanicum, but thx anyway for the headsup on this, now i know, a dedicated modder has his hands on this one here :-)
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

that was the first mod i searched for, cause Caesar was young at his Bellum Gallicum et Germanicum, but thx anyway for the headsup on this, now i know, a dedicated modder has his hands on this one here :-)
    Your welcome dude

Is it possible to retrain my polibian kohorts in to numered legion kohorts ?

Quote Originally Posted by rav007 View Post
    Is it possible to retrain my polibian kohorts in to numered legion kohorts ?
    No sorry dude. They'll only upgrade to the generic legion

Got my PC upgraded. So far running good. Before I got 24 FPS on medium-high settings. Now I get 24 FPS on extreme & 39 on ultra. Gotta reinstall the case fans after work tonight & then I'll be back on the mod to finish up the last units. Hopefully have them released by Sunday. A note to all is remember these new units will only be for the CiG campaign. Hence why I've been calling them Caesarean Marian legions. I'll also probably have to update the startpos as well because of the new Sparta campaign DLC.

Hi, XIIICaesar! I found a little mistake when your great mod works together with "Imperator Augustus MARIAN ERА" mod by Litharion. Count of your legioners per cohort less then in a regular cohort.

I don't know exactly why it happens. Maybe it a troubles in Litharion mod.

It's probably a mix up on the unit stats tables in my mod. Litharion's mod doesn't affect unit stats

Icon12 Re: **UPDATE**12-3-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Here's some previews for what's to come in the next update peeps. These are just some of the Caesarean legions. There will be 15 total. Exclusive to Caesar in Gaul. All that's left to do is the standards for each legion. Then I'll merge the new units into the current mod versions and remove the original early legions. After that, it'll be on to do the Marian and Imperial units. Once they are incorporated all of Franky235's original mod will be removed and I will have to rename the mod as it will be of my own creation then. Here they are.

Legio IV Macedonica

Through much research I found that Romans used Greaves on not just Centurions but legionnaires as well from Polybian times to the Imperial era. So, I used Kaziel Romans 4.0 variants. Bronze, Iron, and Brass.

This is Legio IX Centurion. In this example you see how on the Centurions for each legion I used a shield specific to that legions' for each legion's Centurion. Also, it's a great example of how I added medals to the chest of each Centurion simulating medals soldiers would recieve in battle. I created 8 variant sets in 3 different medals, bronze, silver, and gold. Research backed that up. Noticed in this pic the Spine design is painted on.

Bronze Medals. Notice too how the Standard Bearers in each legion use a legion specific standard shield. These are the RSII textures that I have redone to a high-res version for Rome II. Notice in this pic the Spine deisgn is not painted, but brass. As is the rest of the Centurions shield's metallic sections. All Centurion shields are this way, brass.

Some random pics of different legions. Notice all the following legions and officers are wearing trousers. I found in my reasearch that the trousers were popular among Romans with legions in northern/southern Italy and colder climates. Since all of the Caesarean legions are present during the Gallic Wars, a cold climate and area in Europe, I thought trousers were plausible.

Here are the helmets. I used a Cheek guard mod from Steam. It closes the cheek guards in around the soldiers head/face so that they resemble actually being strapped around and tied together. Unlike the vanilla versions that just hang loosely around the soldier's head/face. The cheek guard mod used the Coolus helmet. I reclored the textures to match the brass/iron of Kaziel's Montefortino helmets and also applied the cheek guards to Kaziel's Montefortinos as well.

Here you can see where I put the "Leg XXXX" number in tags on each side of the legionnaires shield.

Comparison of 2 legions side by side. Noticed I did something unique with the wings. All the legions shields wings are brass. Things such as Arrows, or Spine designs are painted on. I did rust-looks to the painted on design for that battle-worn look. Some shields the metal also has scratches/etc on them for a battle-worn look.

Feedback people Lol. Just gotta do the standards for each legion and then upload it.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; December 16, 2014 at 05:56 AM.

Default Re: **NEW PREVIEWS**12-16-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Nice shields And i've been waiting for Greaves so long...

Default Re: **NEW PREVIEWS**12-16-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Quote Originally Posted by ncdquang View Post
    Nice shields And i've been waiting for Greaves so long...
    Thanks dude. Although brass wings aren't exactly historical lol I thought they were a nice, unique touch. The greaves, wrist bands, & centurion medals and the trousers were historically plausible items though I found were cited as being used at one time or another by the legions. And if you're wondering about the shield colors I did them so they'd match the standard bearer shields.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; December 16, 2014 at 07:26 AM.

Two of the unit cards have "radioactive sludge" green shield coloring, but that's the only thing that looks off to me.

for my essential this submod to play DEI...Thanks for your work XIIICaesar กกก

it is indeed essential for DeI hehe...could be my colour presets from my monitor, but the green shield of legio macedonia are to greenish(cartoonish), also one of the red designs too, seems a bit oversaturated for my taste, could be darkened up a bit, just my thoughts for now...i am really excited to get my hands on newest version

Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    Two of the unit cards have "radioactive sludge" green shield coloring, but that's the only thing that looks off to me.
    Yeah that's same green though as standard shield. The actual in game shield isn't that bright. Is bright but not radioactive.
    Quote Originally Posted by deivid View Post
    for my essential this submod to play DEI...Thanks for your work XIIICaesar กกก
    Thanks dude.
    it is indeed essential for DeI hehe...could be my colour presets from my monitor, but the green shield of legio macedonia are to greenish(cartoonish), also one of the red designs too, seems a bit oversaturated for my taste, could be darkened up a bit, just my thoughts for now...i am really excited to get my hands on newest version
    I run a cartoon filter over the unit card shields so they would match up with the unit in bullgod style. If I didn't they looked out of place

sorry i should have made my comment more clear, i meant ingame ya showed us in the preview picture, these shields look a bit too greenish for my taste, not the unitcard, this quite good so far, thumps up!

Nice work! I also would prefer the macadonica shield toned down a bit to match the more desaturated colours of your other legions. It helps them look more gritty and realistic. Also more variation in shield insignias would be nice to include, not all roman shields have the eagle wings on them. Wreaths and lightning bolts also look good.

Another little detail, instead of having roman breeches with leg armour, you could set the trouser slot to be a mixture of the two so they wear one or the other to avoid clipping. Or maybe we need edited breeches that stop above the knee?

Also I can pm you my latest updates for the roman auxiliaries as I made new coolus variants with closer cheek guards you could use (I could swap it for your new montefortino helmets and use them with my auxilia!)
    Last edited by Don_Diego; December 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM.

sorry i should have made my comment more clear, i meant ingame ya showed us in the preview picture, these shields look a bit too greenish for my taste, not the unitcard, this quite good so far, thumps up!
    Thanks dude. I'll Legio IV Macedonica down then. Those are my Bullgod style. I think they're pretty decent though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Nice work! I also would prefer the macadonica shield toned down a bit to match the more desaturated colours of your other legions. It helps them look more gritty and realistic. Also more variation in shield insignias would be nice to include, not all roman shields have the eagle wings on them. Wreaths and lightning bolts also look good.

Another little detail, instead of having roman breeches with leg armour, you could set the trouser slot to be a mixture of the two so they wear one or the other to avoid clipping. Or maybe we need edited breeches that stop above the knee?

Also I can pm you my latest updates for the roman auxiliaries as I made new coolus variants with closer cheek guards you could use (I could swap it for your new montefortino helmets and use them with my auxilia!)
    I'm gonna work on the shield. I been in the emergency room @hospital most of today. As for the wings on the shields, I could change a few legions that all used the same wing sets to painted on designs. I'll throw something on them in fashion following their standards or standard shield. As for the helmets, send me a link. I'm interested in them. If you do use the one I've got remember credit to Kaziel & the cheek guards mod guy from Steam. I'll shoot you his info in a PM.

Legio IV. I changed the wreath after taking the pic and moved it under the arrows. But just wanted to get this uploaded to reflect the changes from people's feedback. I've still gotta redo the other 10 legions but I, II, III, IV & V are redone. Still gotta redo the unit cards to reflect the the new shields & then the standards as well.

Legio I. I added the suns and the Lady in the dresses from the standard shields to the legionnaire shields. Faded paint look too.

Legio II. Added the stars and the Orange arrows to the spines. The arrows are very faded/battle-worn.

Legio III. I added the wreath to the base shield under the wings. Didn't make sense to have it painted on the brass wings right lol?

Legio V. I removed the arrows and instead went with the "s curls" found on the standard shields for the legion shield.

Ill be redoing the other 10 legions in this fashion. All of the designs will be slightly tweaked/edited to resemble the standard shields.

uuuuuuuh dude, ya have a nice taste for details, this brings really "life" into different legions, may i suggest to darken the legio Gallica red shields too, i think they look to bright, but it is just my humble opinion, your updating work on these units is really appreciated and more and more users will explore this pearl of beauty

edit: just saw the clipping on the legs, between trousers and the greaves, might be the angle though
    Last edited by Caius Bingerus; December 17, 2014 at 01:51 AM.