Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: **UPDATE**11-2-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Quote Originally Posted by student23 View Post
    Hey Ceasar. Well done on the mod. Can't imagine a campaign without it.

Quick question.

Is it possible to disable the Polybian Units and the generic Legionnaires?

Second even quicker question.

The mod seems to show duplicates (i.e Legions levied by Ceasar, then disbanded then levied by Augustus). Gemina, Augusta, and the three ominous Varus' Legions in Germania. Maybe get rid of the "duplicates" or add a Legion's monicker (Victrix etc) to add a little more flavor. The three Varus legions, since very little is known of em, make it kinda un-fun to even go for Germania.

Just my 2 pence.

Cheers mate
    Showing those legions is historical though dude.

Darinius's Avatar Foederatus

Quick question. Any particular reason the unit card for Legio V Macedonica looks as if they're marines, or ship units? Also, their stats are lower than that of the Cohors Dacorum, any particular reason for this?

I don't mean any offense with these questions, I'm just genuinely curious.

That's just their shield design. Franky235 & ToonTotalWar used th3 shield designw from Roma Surrectum 2. As for Cohors Dacorum im not sure. Is that a dei unit? Havent played in awhile as been making my own mod from scratch to r3place Caesars legions includ8ng shields from scratch everything

Icon3 Re: **UPDATE**11-2-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Okay. These are previews for the things I'm working on right now for the mod. I'm making a new mod to replace this one with new units from scratch, updated unit balances, stats, & abilities. Everything. AOR from RSII (Roma Surrectum II) that will have recruitment based on the city not the province to provide a great challenge that will also make cities more strategically important than just owning a province just as in older Total War games. Creating my own mod too will also allow me to create new versions of the Legions for other major mods such as Rome Total Realism, WarCry, and many others.

UNIT PREVIEWS

Marian Centurion

Marian Legio I Germanica Standard Bearer

Marian Legio I Germanica

I am using Kaziel's Romans 4.0 for the Marian unit textures. The way the Marian Era will be is the recruitable units will be Caesarean legions similar to the Marian legions from Julius Caesar's time. Officers are from Kaziel as well but I am currently trying to find replacements for them from Steam that will make them stand out more. I replaced the shield models with the early scutuma as the "Augustan" scutuma and square scutuma made famous by Hollywood films didn't come until much later after the Augustan Imperial reforms. The shield textures are by me. I've created them myself from scratch. The standard bearer shield textures are basically copy-n-paste from the RSII standard shields so I've still got to go back and redo those to give them a better, higher resolution than they currently show. The standard bearer Legio Standards are port-overs from RSII as well. I've still got to go back and remove certain parts of them though such as the one above for Legio I Germanica. As the Caesarean Legio I didn't actually gain the cognomen Germanica until well after the second civil war and Augustus had been ruling for quite some time --->> So, for instance, I'll have to remove the "GER" section from the Marian version. I had never done any shield texturing or texturing otherwise until now so I hope you enjoy the previews people.

SilverCohort's Avatar Civis

Units still have two stamina abilities -.-

Please Remove one of THE stamina "poor" abilities! Really want to use this mod

PLEASE if you can find time to do this today id be very greatful, i really want more and diverse legionnaires
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; November 10, 2014 at 04:12 PM. Reason: triple post/merged

Default Re: **NEW PREVIEWS**11-10-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Nice work Caesar those Romans look extremly sexy. But good luck with the new mod if I can help you at all let me know besides having some modding abilities I am an history major so I am very good at doing research if u r going to keep the historical legions and want to find out more about them I'd be more then happy to look into it.

Default Re: **NEW PREVIEWS**11-10-2014**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKS View Post
    Units still have two stamina abilities -.-

Please Remove one of THE stamina "poor" abilities! Really want to use this mod

PLEASE if you can find time to do this today id be very greatful, i really want more and diverse legionnaires
    Can't get to it today but will tonight after work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizwald714 View Post
    Nice work Caesar those Romans look extremly sexy. But good luck with the new mod if I can help you at all let me know besides having some modding abilities I am an history major so I am very good at doing research if u r going to keep the historical legions and want to find out more about them I'd be more then happy to look into it.
    Alright. Thanks dude.

**Null**11-12-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

-Fixed Double Stamina ability appearing on all units

---Disclaimer--- this is not my mod, this is a fix for something that has been annoying me for the past 2 weeks. XIIICaesar seems very busy at the moment so i took it apon myself to fix a small bug so i could finally enjoy all this mod has to offer.
    Last edited by SilverCohort; November 16, 2014 at 03:59 AM. Reason: triple post/merged

**UPDATE**11-12-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

-Fixed Double Stamina ability appearing on all units

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6SkUrgLeIn_U1BrT09naEZYSzA/edit

Thanks TRUCKS. Yeah I've been busy with new units. Getting the wings to look the same kind of brass & shine as the helmets on the Legionnaires has been bugging me bad Lol. Think I've finally remedied it though. Gotta finish the normal map after work tonight & test the textures out. Fingers crossed there. Then redo the centurion wings & continue with the other legions. It's taking a lot because I'm redoing everything including the database tables from scratch & the AOR WILL be as close as i can get to Roma Surrectum 2
    Fixed Stamina Issue Uploading Fix in 20 mins.

**NULL**11-12-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI V2

> Fixed Missing Shield square ability For Imperial Cohort XVIII

Last edited by SilverCohort; December 29, 2014 at 02:05 AM. Reason: triple post/merged

no problem, man.
    **UPDATE**11-12-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI V2

>
    Balanced all units (except Cohors Prima
    and Legionarii Socii)
    > Fixed Missing Shield square ability For Imperial Cohort XVIII

I don't know how to balance the stats of the Cohors Prima and Legionarii Socii.
    If anyone knows how to change there stats please tell me, Freaking charts are like a house of mirrors.
    (Im sorry, I had my google share setting on private, The link is now Public)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6SkUrgLeIn_RUtNV0lzaDFObnc/edit

Next time, to avoid multiple posts & possible Moderator intervention edit your original post & use the multi quote function if applicable before doing multiple posts. The two units you mentioned aren't in my mod. That's DEI. The units Should've already been balanced not sure on that. I balanced them awhile back & uploaded that update. I'll cross reference your download with the mod tables though & add them in to the main mod & upload the update. Thanks again dude

Null
    Last edited by SilverCohort; November 16, 2014 at 03:21 AM. Reason: This Fix is NULL

**UPDATE**11-14-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI V3

>
    Fixed issue with all legion units using the same throw Pila ability, normal Cohors now throw medium pila and Prima Cohors units throw the heavy Pila.

- Includes Fix for double stamina ability
    - Prima Cohors Melee rebalanced to match Eagle Cohorts Stats
    - Fixed Missing Shield Square ability For Prima Cohors XVIII

Ancient Combat Realism Screws up the unit buffs, if you want longer battles use
    Slower Battle submod by mesthione with animations replacer (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wer-Battle-Mod)
    50+ minutes battles, absolutely amazing mod.

Thank you Caesar for your
    patience , i am very new to these forums and still getting use to how things work.Cant wait for your new mod.

Link -------------------------- https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6SkUrgLeIn_VXB6bmVjN0tNSk0/edit -------------------------- Link
    No problem. I should thank you. Want aware of the medium/heavy pilas. Will have to implement that in the new mod & give you credit. I'll try to get your changes into the main download & update the link. I'm dealing with a sinus cold & mandatory overtime this week & next week @work on top of working on the new mod & another ongoing side project i got. Thank you all for being patient & chipping in [emoji106] Although the Prima Cohors and regular legionairre are from the Marian Era. Their stats shopuldn't match the Eagle Cohort and Imperial Legions.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; November 14, 2014 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks for the update TRUCKS! Also glad you enjoy the slower battles

I just Balanced Prima Cohors Melee attack skill to 25, to match the Eagle Cohorts attack skill. Eagle Cohort Have slightly better stats. Originally Prima Cohors attack was 28 i just thought it was weird for a marian era unit being stronger then an imperial unit.

Sorry forgot to multi-quote this message :/

how the hell do i respond to a post without creating a new comment?
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; November 15, 2014 at 11:24 AM. Reason: dp/merged

I just Balanced Prima Cohors Melee attack skill to 25, to match the Eagle Cohorts attack skill. Eagle Cohort Have slightly better stats. Originally Prima Cohors attack was 28 i just thought it was weird for a marian era unit being stronger then an imperial unit.

Sorry forgot to multi-quote this message :/
    True but that's how DEI unit starts are & my legions match that. When i merge your stamina fixes & the unit abilities fix into the main & update the link i won't merge the stats because even though what your saying makes sense the units have to match the DEI unit starts as this is the DEI version of the mod.

how the hell do i respond to a post without creating a new comment?
    In the bottom right corner of each post is a reply with quote, multi quote & edit post buttons

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    True but that's how DEI unit starts are & my legions match that. When i merge your stamina fixes & the unit abilities fix into the main & update the link i won't merge the stats because even though what your saying makes sense the units have to match the DEI unit starts as this is the DEI version of the mod.

In the bottom right corner of each post is a reply with quote, multi quote & edit post buttons

Updated Link, v4. I changed all Prima Cohors melee attack back to 28.

Updated Link, v4. I changed all Prima Cohors melee attack back to 28.
    I see you figured out the quote edit. On the way home from work. Will download & incorporate your changes with main mod & update main link

Forgive me for asking some dumb questions, but I have been away from DEI for some time. I have been waiting for the DeI devs to make a historical fix for CIG, but this looks like it migh be just what I have been waiting for!

1. Is this mod compatible with the latest version of DeI?

2. Does this mod make all/most of Caesar's legions correctly available in CIG? If so, does it also remove the ahistorical legions currently in the DeI CIG startpos?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren the Unclean View Post
    Forgive me for asking some dumb questions, but I have been away from DEI for some time. I have been waiting for the DeI devs to make a historical fix for CIG, but this looks like it migh be just what I have been waiting for!

1. Is this mod compatible with the latest version of DeI?

2. Does this mod make all/most of Caesar's legions correctly available in CIG? If so, does it also remove the ahistorical legions currently in the DeI CIG startpos?
    It has most, if not all Caesarean legions used during the Gallic Wars but doesn't remove the generic Legion.

***UPDATES***
    I've merged some of TRUCKS updates into the main mod & updated the download link in the original post. Now, the Marian era Legions throw medium Pila & the Imperial era Legions throw heavy Pila. I rebalanced those 2 abilities to match DEI settings. I added the missing ability TRUCKS discovered to the Imperial Legio XVIII & the double stamina fix.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; November 15, 2014 at 08:37 PM.