Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-15-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

One question mate, the links are updated with all thouse changes?

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

The Google Drive is. Don't use the Steam as it quit letting me update weeks back. I've contacted Steam support with no response so far. Just use the Google Drive link.

Mate! i test today the IAC ( finally, it works for me =) ) and i see the units of CL units only have 56 soldiers, not the 86 of DEI units, please, could you check it? and fixe it if i´m right? Thanks!!!

Shield Square for Marian Reform Legionaries.

This sub mod is amazing thank you so much for putting in the work. I am really big into history and I already try to build historically acurate armies in the game and now being able to recruit historical legions makes the game so much better.

I just started a Imperator Agusts Campign as Octavian and had my first battle with Legio XXII Primigenia (Marian reform) and I noticed they can't form shield square during the battle. Is this a glitch I would think they should be able to form shield square because the regular Marian legionaries can use shield square. I just checked the the other unit cards of the different historical legions I have recruited and none of them can use shield square either.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizwald714 View Post
    Shield Square for Marian Reform Legionaries.

This sub mod is amazing thank you so much for putting in the work. I am really big into history and I already try to build historically acurate armies in the game and now being able to recruit historical legions makes the game so much better.

I just started a Imperator Agusts Campign as Octavian and had my first battle with Legio XXII Primigenia (Marian reform) and I noticed they can't form shield square during the battle. Is this a glitch I would think they should be able to form shield square because the regular Marian legionaries can use shield square. I just checked the the other unit cards of the different historical legions I have recruited and none of them can use shield square either.
    By shield square do you mean hole square?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    Mate! i test today the IAC ( finally, it works for me =) ) and i see the units of CL units only have 56 soldiers, not the 86 of DEI units, please, could you check it? and fixe it if i´m right? Thanks!!!
    I've still got to look into the unit number issue

It's not the hollow square were the unit forms a big square. It reminds me more of shield wall its were the whole unit gets supper close together and it incresses armor and defense and reduces fatigue and movement. It has roman shield as the icon and if you look at vetran legionaries it's the 3rd ability in from the left with a shield as an icon

I'll check it out then once I get time dude. Sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrabas View Post
    Hello!

Had a quick look at this mod with the Ceasar campaign and it looks like excellent work!

One thing I did notice though, was that the 9th Legion was numbered as VIIII rather than IX. Is it intentional?
    That is intentional, the Latin system where you can write IV, IX etc did not appear until much later in medieval times...
    The Romans used IIII, VIIII etc, not the subtracting method.

@Caesar you need to give the legions "form shield_wall" to match DEI abilities, (not shield square they have that).
    Last edited by Don_Diego; October 27, 2014 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    That is intentional, the Latin system where you can write IV, IX etc did not appear until much later in medieval times...
    The Romans used IIII, VIIII etc, not the subtracting method.

@Caesar you need to give the legions "form shield_wall" to match DEI abilities, (not shield square they have that).
    Okay I'll get that done soon. I sent you a PM on that.

Hey Ceaser I added the shield wall to all the units in the mod it's my first time I ever tried to mod anything but I tried several off them in a custom battle and they can form shield wall. And I checked all the unit cards in game and they all have ability so I believe I did it correctly. If u want I can post it (although I don't know how so I would have to figure out how to do it) or I could email it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizwald714 View Post
    Hey Ceaser I added the shield wall to all the units in the mod it's my first time I ever tried to mod anything but I tried several off them in a custom battle and they can form shield wall. And I checked all the unit cards in game and they all have ability so I believe I did it correctly. If u want I can post it (although I don't know how so I would have to figure out how to do it) or I could email it to you.
    Thank you. Email it to me: mitchyarberry@gmail.com I'll add it in the main pack. And get it uploaded. Thnx again. I'm sorry haven't been able to update I've been working on MAJOR overhauls.

No Prob I just emailed it to you. You might want to check it though because like I said it is the first time I have ever attempted to mod anything but so far it has worked fine in game for me.

Oh you beat me to it! Thanks Grizwald, appreciate it!

Thanks to you for that. I'll plus rep when I'm back on my desktop. I'm very it uploaded tonight after work. Don_diego if there are other thing still needed you can still add them in if you want. Right now I'm trying to figure out gloss & specular textures for the shield lol

Always good news in this thread! =) Keep up the good working! tell us any advances on this mod please! Thanks!

One Question about playing the Caesar in Gaul Campaign:
    I am about round 30 and I have auxilliary barracks level 3 in Milan and Genoa but there are no spear or cavalry auxiliar units availabe. Only the numbered legions from V to XIII. What must I do to get auxiliar units like the alpinorum for recruiting?

Quote Originally Posted by GaiusBonus View Post
    One Question about playing the Caesar in Gaul Campaign:
    I am about round 30 and I have auxilliary barracks level 3 in Milan and Genoa but there are no spear or cavalry auxiliar units availabe. Only the numbered legions from V to XIII. What must I do to get auxiliar units like the alpinorum for recruiting?
    That's an issue with regular dei

Is there plans in the future to edit the starting armies? I know its very tedious editing the startpos but I had no luck on my own. Ideally if we could just get Caesar's army in CIG to be Legio X or one of his others. That's really the only deal-breaker as he is away from recruiting locations and most will want to fight that first siege battle before returning to recruit a new army. Thanks for your consideration!

Sorry for a double post, but can't edit. I also noticed the units in this submod don't have the stamina ability. Would this have any major effects on the battle map? Thanks again!

Not right now. I may in the future. Right now I'm overhauling all the unit textures