Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-15-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    Not right now. I may in the future. Right now I'm overhauling all the unit textures
    To be more historical? the patterns of the shield, type of helmets, etc? Thanks in advice! when you have something, show us a preview or something =)

Great Caesar! i apreciate your work, since the first day!

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    To be more historical? the patterns of the shield, type of helmets, etc? Thanks in advice! when you have something, show us a preview or something =)

Great Caesar! i apreciate your work, since the first day!
    I'm redoing ask the textures with kaziel & a few others. Shield designs will be RS2 & my Marian will be a bit different.

Hey I got a question on the Marian reform mod does it work on all the roman factions in the IA campaign or just the one that is being played. Because I faced off as Octavian on around turn 28 aginst one of Anthony's legions and I was using the Marian reform legions while he was using Imperial Legionaries.

Also I was going to try to add the stamina to to the historical legions because after I saw MrMassacre's post I checked and they are missing it. However after looking at the files in Pack Manger for over 2 hours and searched the web I cant find out how to do it so if someone tell me how I would be happy to do it since I have the whole weekend free.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizwald714 View Post
    Hey I got a question on the Marian reform mod does it work on all the roman factions in the IA campaign or just the one that is being played. Because I faced off as Octavian on around turn 28 aginst one of Anthony's legions and I was using the Marian reform legions while he was using Imperial Legionaries.

Also I was going to try to add the stamina to to the historical legions because after I saw MrMassacre's post I checked and they are missing it. However after looking at the files in Pack Manger for over 2 hours and searched the web I cant find out how to do it so if someone tell me how I would be happy to do it since I have the whole weekend free.
    Give me a few minutes and I'll get on my desktop where i can check it. Just walked in the house from work.

**UPDATE**
    I looked into the unit abilities dB files in the DEI pack. I can't find which ability that is "stamina." I know which one your talking about but can't pinpoint it. I'll message Don Diego and see if he knows. Right now I'm uploading the update that give the Legions the shield wall ability though.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; November 01, 2014 at 03:06 AM.

Default Re: **UPDATE**11-1-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Did you manage to fix the AI not using Historical Legions issue by this update?

Quote Originally Posted by gaborh View Post
    Did you manage to fix the AI not using Historical Legions issue by this update?
    No forgot to add it in. I've got to add in the unit ability that gives them correct stamina & I'll add the fix for the AI recruitment as well

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    No forgot to add it in. I've got to add in the unit ability that gives them correct stamina & I'll add the fix for the AI recruitment as well
    Please don't forget to address the low man count in the Augustus Marian era campaign! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mesthione View Post
    Please don't forget to address the low man count in the Augustus Marian era campaign! <3
    All right. I've still got to check on that.

Found the stamina if you want to change it:

db >> land_units_to_land_units_abilities_junctions_tabled >> stm_land_units_to_unit_abilities_junctions

• mp test 1 is stamina (poor)
    • mp test 2 is stamina (low)
    • mp test 3 is stamina (average)
    • mp test 4 is stamina (good)
    • mp test 5 is stamina (excellent)

Yeah Don_Diego sent me a Pm & said 4 is what the legions get

Here is a pack giving the stamina abilities to the Romans, it can be merged with the main sub-mod also: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l7...e-stamina.pack

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Here is a pack giving the stamina abilities to the Romans, it can be merged with the main sub-mod also: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l7...e-stamina.pack
    Does that also contain the shield wall Grizwald aged in too? Anyways updating the main link with it now

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Does that also contain the shield wall Grizwald aged in too? Anyways downloading now to check

No just a new table for stamina, merge both when updating

Okay thanks again Don!

**UPDATE**
    Uploading update now. This will include an updated land units abilities dB table giving all Legions shield wall and stamina. Also included is cdir generator qualities table that should fix the units not being recruited by the AI. It isn't uploaded yet and the luink is down. Will put link back up soon as update is done uploading.

**EDIT**
    Link is back up.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; November 02, 2014 at 10:28 AM.

Default Re: **UPDATE**11-2-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Awesome Thanks so much Don&Caesar I am extremely excited to see the AI recruit historical legions.

I noticed in Italy you can recruit an imperial legion the XXII Primigenia during the Marian reforms.
    Also I have 2 questions the historical legionary armor (50) is 2 points less then a standard legionary (52) Is it suppose to be that way. The legions now have both poor and good stamina on their unit cards will that conflict in the game or will the game just use the better one.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizwald714 View Post
    Awesome Thanks so much Don&Caesar I am extremely excited to see the AI recruit historical legions.

I noticed in Italy you can recruit an imperial legion the XXII Primigenia during the Marian reforms.
    Also I have 2 questions the historical legionary armor (50) is 2 points less then a standard legionary (52) Is it suppose to be that way. The legions now have both poor and good stamina on their unit cards will that conflict in the game or will the game just use the better one.
    I rebalanced them to match DEI setting few updates back. DEI might've changed theirs in an update since the one I pulled the stats from. I'm doing major overhauls right now to create my own mod of legions instead of continuing updatin Franky's Caesars Legions. New textures from scratch for the Marian era and RSII textures for Imperial era. Kaziels Romans for models and unit textures. And the hardest part to implememnt will be RSII AOR that goes by city instead of region/province. I might tweak that a lil bit. Thats why I've been lacking updates to Caesar's Legions lately and why I am very thankful to Grizwald and Don_Diego for helping me out updating the mod.

SilverCohort's Avatar Civis

Now The units have the Stamina ability, but they have one to many. Units now have two stamina abilities, one excellent and one poor. Each unit should only have ONE. Please remove the Poor stamina ability from all units. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKS View Post
    Now The units have the Stamina ability, but they have one to many. Units now have two stamina abilities, one excellent and one poor. Each unit should only have ONE. Please remove the Poor stamina ability from all units. Thank you
    That shouldnt be happening. They should only have one. Lemme confer with Don_Diego about that.

Hey Ceasar. Well done on the mod. Can't imagine a campaign without it.

Quick question.

Is it possible to disable the Polybian Units and the generic Legionnaires?

Second even quicker question.

The mod seems to show duplicates (i.e Legions levied by Ceasar, then disbanded then levied by Augustus). Gemina, Augusta, and the three ominous Varus' Legions in Germania. Maybe get rid of the "duplicates" or add a Legion's monicker (Victrix etc) to add a little more flavor. The three Varus legions, since very little is known of em, make it kinda un-fun to even go for Germania.

Just my 2 pence.

Cheers mate