Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Icon6 [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

At first, I started updating Frank235's Caesar's Legions to be compatible with Rome II EE. That developed into adding several new features. Then I decided to rework the units themselves which led me to stop using Franky's mod due to the fact I no longer felt comfortable changing so many aspects of someone else's work. This led me to create a new mod from scratch. I have made 15 legions for the Caesar in Gaul (CiG) campaign that are representative of the legions commanded by Gaius Julius Caesar. For the Grand Campaign (GC)/Imperator Augustus (IA) I drew shield designs from Roma Surrectum II, a Rome I mod. I combined the list of legions they made to makeup the original 28 legions used by Octavian. In the Marian era you'll have 28 legions & during the Imperial era you'll have the original 28 legions plus 3 more that RSII used that were created during the Pincipate period. The legions available during the Marian era all upgrade to their Imperial counterparts. Marian units are recruitable upon researching "Cohort Orginization". Imperial units are recruitable upon researching "Professional Soldiery" - this will also enable you to upgrade the Marian units. Also featured is a full AOR system. It works as close as I could get it to the original AOR system used by RSII. I use a mix of amours and such from Kaziel's Romans v4.0 and Vanilla that I have tweaked to my liking. I've also implemented a cheek guard mod too.

***FEATURES***
    All the legions from Roma Surrectum II. PLUS Legio XVII, XVIII, and XVIIII from the Battle of Teutoberg Forest. Using armour textures from Kaziel's Romans v4.0 and various vanilla textures, I've tweaked to simulate what I think real legionnaires would've been like. Non of the fresh, crisp, new stuff like you see in Hollywood films but good ole gritty and used armour and textiles for my legions to show that they've seen battle and are battle-hardened. The shield designs I got from RSII have been completely redone from scratch to be high-res and high-def for Rome II. I've added rust and scratchin overlays to them as well to simulate usage as I don't think it practical that the shields every legionnaire used looked brand new with no defects. These legions were always battling and I wanted to mimic that to the effect of my designs. Eagles are no longer only golden but silver and bronze depending on the era your legion is recruited from. Also featuring custom banners unique to each legions with their number and symbol (coming soon). Each standard bearer also has a unique shield pattern ported over from RSII. Even more detailed are the unique naming to each legion that is as true to historic sources as I could find with a unique description about each legions history that dynamically changes each era as the unit is upgraded. I have also created a new set of legions exclusively for use in the Caesar in Gaul campaign. These "Caesarean" legions were the same as the ones commanded by Caesar himself, 'Hail Caesar!' The AOR system is unique as well. It has been ported over from RSII as close as I could get. Even more so, is once you reach the Imperial era, you will se more armour and skin variants that are based on the location of each legion to better simulate the fact that during the Principate period, Rome granted even the provinces citizenship as well as allowed provincial natives to join the legions (coming soon). I've even fixed the cheek guards on Roman helmets to actually close in around the head instead of "floating" beside the cheeks as if untied like in vanilla Rome II.

In the GC and IA

• 16 Imperial legions
    • 12 Marian legions
    • 15 CiG legions
    • All GC/IA legions upgradeable
    • Full AOR system in GC/IA

***This mod alters the startpos. As such, any startpos mod will break it when loaded above it or first and Legions of Rome will break those mods when loaded above them or first. That includes All-Factions Playable (AFP) mods.

Instructions to use XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome

***NO LONGER WORKS AFTER PATCH 15***
    I also highly recommend using the Unofficial Mod Manger (OLD & NEW) by .Mitch. It's way simpler and easier to use than the official Rome II launcher; plus it gives you way more control in mod management.

THESE STEPS WORK

I found a simpler work around. It's makes for very easy managment going forward with mod updates.

Step 1
    Enable hidden files in windows explorer
    Step 2
    Navigate here
    C:\Users\*YOU*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2. Right click the scripts folder and send a shortcut to the desktop. The shortcut to the desktop (makes it easier to access in future). Don't close this directory yet though.
    Step 3
    Open the scripts folder and open user.script. Leave the directory open though after as you'll need to access the file user.script again later.
    Step 4
    Open up your Rome II data directory
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data
    Step 5
    Look at the mods you wanna use. You don't have to rename any of them. Figure out which ones you're gonna use.
    Step 6
    Open user.script with that shortcut we created earlier. Mods you'll use need to be entered in this format
    mod "*MOD NAME*";
    mod "*MOD NAME*";
    mod "*MOD NAME*";
    so and so forth. Make sure you enter them in the load order you want them to load. Just like in Mitch MM the top priority mods will be listed first with mods being overwritten towards bottom of list. I'll post an example after the instruction are complete.
    Step 7
    Save your changes and close user.script. Then right click the file and set to READ-ONLY. This is so that the game can't change the mods being used or their load order anytime you load it.
    Step 8
    Play your game and enjoy.

If you do it like this you don't have to use Mitch's unofficial MM or the official MM by steam to use your mods. In fact, right now I have all mods deselected in the CA Official MM and am playing DeI with my mod XIIICaesar's legions just fine. All mods are loading in the exact order I have them in user.script and no other mods. I had you create the shortcut so that if you want to change what mods you use you don't have to go back into app data and all the other directories. You just click on the scripts shortcut on the desktop and it'll take you straight to your user.script file. To change what mods you use or loading order right click on the user.script and turn off READ-ONLY then do your edits. Save, close, and turn READ-ONLY back on. Load th3e game again and your good to go like before. This takes renaming your mod packs out of the equations. Whereas with that method anytime workshop updated your mod you had to delete the old version and rename the new version again to keep your load order correct and what not, now you don't. Steam workshop will update your mod like normal and because the names stay the same you just load the game up after a mods update and keep playing like normal no more renaming or anything.

mod "aztec-update-september.pack";
    mod "A_Younger_Caesar.pack";
    mod "pdguru_grass_rel_0-4mod.pack";
    mod "md_mod_seem_v1_6_insane.pack";
    mod "DeI script reform testing.pack";
    mod "@096hellenicromanvariants.pack";
    mod "@_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_010_part1.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part2.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part3.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part4.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part5.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part6.pack";

My example. Everything loads in order. My legions overwrite DeI, univariations overwrite my legions and DeI, my script reform test pack overwrites those mods, and so on. I wanna change something I click the shortcut to the script folder, turn off READ-ONLY on user.script make my changes and save. Then close turn READ-ONLY back on and play the game. BOOMThis will work guaranteed on Rome II. I am doing it now and have another member that plays my mod doing it as well. CONFIRMED. No renaming, or worrying about what is enabled or disabled in Official CA MM anymore or Mitch MM not working.

Thnx go to Caius Bingerus for helping me test this theory out.

Caesarean Units

Caesarean units use Hamata and Squamata. They use Coolus and Montefortino helmets. They also utilize neckercheifs and wrist bands. The centurions also use leather Musculata. They use the roundish early Scutum. They also use silver/bronze Eagles with a SPQR banner for First Cohorts and the Manus for regular Cohorts.

Legio I

Legio II

Legio III Gallica

Legio IIII Macedonica

Legio V Alaudae

Legio VI Ferrata

Legio VII

Legio VIII Augusta

Legio VIIII Hispana Triumphalis

Legio X Equestris

Legio XI

Legio XII Victrix

Legio XIII

Legio XIIII Gemina Martia

Legio XV

Marian Units

Marian units use Hamata and Squamata. They use Coolus and Montefortino helmets. They also utilize neckercheifs and wrist bands. The centurions also use leather Musculata. They use the roundish squared/roundish Augustan Scutum.

Still to do
    • Eagle variants
    • Banner variants
    • 2nd half of the shields

Legio I Germanica

Legio II Augusta

Legio III Augusta

Legio III Gallica

Legio V Alaudae

Legio VI Ferrata

Legio VII

Legio VIII Augusta

Legio IX Hispana

Legio X Gemina

Legio XI

Legio XIII Gemina

Imperial Units

Shield design textures are finished. I still need to do the rigged_models and variantmeshes. Once those are done I'll be able to get them ingame.

Still to do
    • Armour tweaks
    • AOR based armour variants
    • AOR based skins (to emulate Roman citizenship for provinces and ethnic diversity in legions)
    • Helmet tweaks
    • AOR based helmets (Syrian-style helmet for some Middle Eastern legions)
    • Cheek guards

*****Load above other mods*****

Download Links

***Save-Game Compatible

Steam Workshop - DISABLED until I upload it

Google Drive - PACK file

Google Drive - Zip (7z) file

Marian Reforms for Imperator Augusts

Google Drive - PACK file - coming soon

Google Drive - Zip file - coming soon

AOR System

Will upload info and pics soon.

ANY BUGS or issues or anything lemme know so I can address it and track it down **HOPEFULLY**

Changelog

6-21-2016 v3.0
    • Added Imperial versions of Marian legions
    • Added Marian versions of Imperial legions
    • Total of 25 legions during Marian Era & 28 during Imperial Era
    • Changed the pelts of the standard bearers
    • Finished a complete rework of the Caesarean shields

6-8-2016 v2.1
    • Imperial shields added
    • Reworked normal maps for shields so that metal designs actually have depth
    • Reworked the Caesarean designs (still have half of them to do)

6-6-2016 v2.0

• Redone the mod from scratch
    • Shields are now painted designs and the same colors as RSII. Imperial are done but not yet implemented. Caesarean & Marian shields are implemented.
    • Kaziels Romans v4.0 reimplemented
    • Scripts are updated to DeI v1.1e3
    • Stats still need to be updated to DeI v1.1e3
    • Still need to tweak Caesarean shield designs
    • Still need to do Standard Bearer shields & banners

11-16-2015 v1.4
    • Updated the scripts for DeI v1.1c1
    • Updated unit stats, armor, weapons, etc to match DeI v1.1c1 vanilla legions

08-07-2015 v1.3

• Fixed Legio I MPF (Imperial) text error
    • Custom banner for Caesarean units
    • Few custom banners for Marian/Imperial.... still WIP
    • First/Eagle Cohorts have Lion pelts
    • Regular Cohorts have Wolf/Bear pelts
    • DeI v1.05d1 Patch 17 BETA script compatibility

04-22-2015 v1.2
    • Changed Caesarean banners to scarlet red color
    • Fixed 'shield wall/shield screen' abilities
    • Added 'stamina' abilities
    • Added 'wedge' ability
    • Caesarean DeI style unit cards - UMCenturion
    • Added banners & standard shields for some units - more to come
    • Unit tooltip description fixes

04-16-2015 v1.1
    • Corrected Legio XIV Imperial name
    • Removed tech requirement for legion recruitment
    • Corrected the legion upgrade tech to match DeI's
    • Added 'shield wall' ability
    • Corrected Imperial custom battle faction ownership to the IA Roman factions
    • Scripts are fixed - I tested it and it worked correctly

04-07-2015 v1.0

• Initial Upload

Credits

Octavian21 - Kaziel's Romans v4.0/4.5
    • Hamata
    • Centurion Hamata
    • Imperial Italic/Galic Helmets
    • Neckerchiefs
    • Segmentata
    • Hooks
    • Cloaks
    • Greaves
    • Trousers
    • Tunics
    • Skins
    • Pelts
    • Augustan and Imperial shields (as temporary placeholders)
    • And also for all his help in learning how to mod the various Rome II textures

dvk901 - RSII Mod Team
    • AOR system permission

pacco - RSII Mod Team
    • RSII shield permission

Magnar

ToonTotalWar
    • All his help in my modding journey
    • Permission to use shield designs and PACK dB tables and misc. things from original Caesar's Legions by Franky235

UMCenturion - he did the DeI style unit cards submod for the previous Caesar's Legions

• DeI/Rome I style unit cards (Caesarean only so far)

And many others for their help along the way!

Other versions of the mod

Radious Edition - XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome

Vanilla Edition - XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome

Last edited by XIIICaesar; June 20, 2016 at 11:48 PM. Reason: 6-21-2016 Full 25 Mar & 28 Imp Legions

Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE

Nice work mate!

Thanks for your work

I guess we don't need to use the patch 15 fix that Dresden made ?

I don't think you'll need it. I've anyway checked abs it doesn't have the animations EE removed

I am going to sticky this as our official Historic legions submod.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I think I will give this a go some time! Thanks for doing this Caesar!
    Love to see other players getting involved with the mod.

Thank you all. It's not complete yet though I've gotta figure out some things with upgrading units and the scripts. Once I get that under wraps I'm gonna work on the AOR system. I'm also gonna put a poll too because this submod contains more legions than the previous historical legions Ave thus cane with different bullgod style cards for each of them as well. My poll will be wether or not people want the bullgod style of vanilla style with the mod. If it's bullgod I'll add y them back in

Right now you could say it's a beta. I've got to do the vanilla version of Caesar's Legions and relax it tonight after work then I'll resume getting the dei version done
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: dp/merged

Daizus's Avatar Foederatus

Same problem with double Ui card at some units?

Thanks Dresden for the Official Submod Sticky. Folks I've got a poll up for unit card styles. I know the previous historical legions came with Vanilla and a user uploaded a Bullgod option. The Bullgod cards that Franky235 had in the original Caesars Legions are even more expansive. Because Caesars Legions has more legions present in it than the Historical Legions submod, say there 3 Legio III in Caesars Legions recruitable in different places. All 3 have unique to them each Bullgod style cards. I prefer the Bullgod style BUT I've got Vanilla in the submod now and if people decide on Vanilla in the poll I'll post the Bullgod as an alternate download -->just the card and variant table to load on top of Caesars Legions BUT if people decide on Bullgod Ill just add them back into the main mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Daizus View Post
    Same problem with double Ui card at some units?
    Yeah Ive wedited the unit variants table to pull only Vanilla cards so it should be mostly fixed. The problem is if I put Bullgod in the leftover vanilla card masks in the main DEI overlap them in game. If people decide in the poll for Bullgod I'll ask Dresden to remove the leftover Historical Legion Vanilla mask and uint cards from the main DEI.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: dp/merged

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

voted for bullgod style unit cards and many thanks for working on that dude
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

Your welcome dude. Still a lot to be done but for right now it works. Ill start really grinding on fixing AOR and running down things that need ironing out this weekend. Dont forget to resubscribe to the steam workshop link I just posted. Renamed the mod with @____ for people that dont use unofficial mod manager and had to upload it as a new mod to steam wouldnt let me update old one.

Daizus's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Voted for bullgod style unit cards. And, thx man.

Loaded the mod in my current GC and I can't recruit Legio V Alaudae in Italy.

I suppose it's because the AOR is still WiP.

Quote Originally Posted by Krasnaļa Zvezda View Post
    Loaded the mod in my current GC and I can't recruit Legio V Alaudae in Italy.

I suppose it's because the AOR is still WiP.
    Alaudae was recruited in Gaul by Caesar and after his death served Marc Antony in the east, later on, in Hispania, Belgium but not in Italy. I think AOR is correct in this case.

Okay call me stupid, but I have never fully understood the historical legions mod and now this as well. So you can recruit a legion from, say Italia, and it is named/numbered as the same historical legion from that province? If you recruit additional legions from that same province, do they just default to the vanilla name? So, if you want to be as historical as possible, you only recruit a single legion from a province so it has that correct name/number. Would make the game rather challenging no? Not a bad thing but just curious!

No my friend i don't call you stupid. The only think i say is that i didn't like aluadae being recruited in Italy because was recruited in Gaul by Caesar from native Gauls.. That's all! Cheers!

Both of you are correct. V alaudae, or gallica got the name alaudae from their helmets. They were the first Legion compromised of provincial people instead of Roman citizens. Levied by Julius Caesar. A lot of legions in my current AOR like this. I went very historical with all of them.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

You've done a great amount of work, XIIICaesar! Having the Historical Legions in the Augustus Campaign will tons of fun.

Though I voted for Bullgod style icons, I've noticed that Franky's Bullgod cards are far less detailed than the ones Scaevola and I worked on. Here is a quick comparison picture, with Scaevola's on top and Franky's on the bottom:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Franky&Scaevola.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	314974

As you can see, Scaevola stayed true to the armor, clothing, and shield color of how the units appear in-game. Furthermore, there is a Legion number attached to the bottom of the unit card. Lastly, Scaevola's shields are in keeping with the perspective of the model, whereas Franky's shields are 2 dimensional.

Perhaps I could help rename Scaevola's cards and assign them in the mod? I'd hate to lose all that work.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Just want to say thanks to XIIICaesar for taking over this submod Very much appreciated.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hello and thank you for this submod! It's great! One question though; is there a reason why the Default un numbered legions are still recruitable? Seems kinda unnecessary.

Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast