Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game crashes when loading campaign for the first time. (Steam Version)

Default Re: Game crashes when loading campaign for the first time. (Steam Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamrec View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no solution! I spent days trying to find a way but it just doesn't work with the steam version. So I ended up buying a hard copy off the internet for only £6, was deffinetly worth it the mod is really good. I heard that Rome 2 has now been modded and patched to perfection but not sure if this is true.
    Incorrect actually. There is a solution. I was reinstalling RSII and ran into the same problem when it occurred to me that I had gotten around this before since I was playing RSII like two months ago. You actually need to replace the RTW, BI and ALX .exe's (or whichever one you're using to launch RSII) for the Steam version in your directory where you have all the stuff for RSII installed with the CD .exes. That's how I got it working. You should be able to find them easily enough online.

Default Re: Game crashes when loading campaign for the first time. (Steam Version)

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceWalker View Post
    Incorrect actually. There is a solution. I was reinstalling RSII and ran into the same problem when it occurred to me that I had gotten around this before since I was playing RSII like two months ago. You actually need to replace the RTW, BI and ALX .exe's (or whichever one you're using to launch RSII) for the Steam version in your directory where you have all the stuff for RSII installed with the CD .exes. That's how I got it working. You should be able to find them easily enough online.

Wait.. you're saying that you got RS2 to work on the steam version?!

If so, then you have really made a breakthrough and deserves all the rep in the world

However I'm not sure I understand exactly what you did.

Would you mind explaining it to me like I was a five year old?

Even better, I think you could harvest a lot of forum cred if you would make a thread with screenshots giving a very precise description on how to fix it.

It seems to be a big problem for A LOT of people

Mark07040's Avatar Libertus

time to go to pirate bay and get a "pysical copy"

koektotalwar , deleting files won't do the job, you will crash somewhere else
    as somebody said, go and find a non steam version. The way you will "pay" it is not of my concern

holy necroposting, didn't notice :O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12