Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attila Praise Thread

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default Attila Praise Thread

In order to facilitate reasonable discussion and keep the forums clean, Moderation Staff is opening a Total War: Attila praise thread. This thread will work similarly to the 'complaints' thread and a previous Empire: Total War praise thread. Moderation Staff will use its discretion to merge 'praise threads' with this larger thread. Moderation Staff can and will remove any posts that it deems necessary to prevent disruption, derailment, and other unsuitable behavior. Questions and concerns about should be directed to a Moderator or Administrator, or posted in the Moderation Commentary Thread.

Regards,
    Total War Center Moderation Staff

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Official praise thread for Total War : Attila

FIRST!!So Iīll begin with a rather odd praise.

Some people have observed that the armor and weapons, like the two handed axes, are not historically accurate and typical of CAīs clumsy approach to authenticity,
    but I think that CA is being generous here, because
    those who donīt mind will have cool looking gear for their barbarians,
    those who do object will in a matter of days have mods removing all that unhistorical nonsense,
    with combat animations for two handed axes and equipment from the later dark ages, modders wonīt have such a hard time making mods for later periods.

Everybody wins this way, TW-forum fans, TWC fans and modders

now all that is needed are some good map tools.....
    Last edited by Akhenaton; September 29, 2014 at 05:04 AM.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Quite innovatiive in terms of settlement desolation, settlement escalation, siege barricades. Adds more immersion and realism to the game.

vlakc's Avatar Civis

In this developer video at around 12:15 they say "if you ran Rome 2, you'll run attila and probably better" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWya9q6RhyI

Aside of all the new features and the return of the ones the community has always liked, I'd like to praise CA for trying to improve their game engine to make it more efficient, a better and smother performance is always welcomed.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I will say that the Roman equipment in the game is far better than that of Barbarian Invasion. I do like the Late Roman Ridge Helmets they have shown: other than the lack of a proper crest mount, they are quite good, being very detailed and appearing to have the right shape and construction.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; September 29, 2014 at 07:56 PM.

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A CGI trailer! Loved it. At first I didn't quite like it but the script really fits Rome 2. Worried about a thousand vicious mouths. Really gets me pumped for Atilla. The city screenshots look great too.

Though does this mean a CGI opening for Atilla wont be done? Theres where the money needs to be. Show me the damn million horsemen!
    Last edited by iWarsaw; September 30, 2014 at 01:42 AM.
    You say you wont buy Atilla but your only lying to your self.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by iWarsaw View Post
    A CGI trailer! Loved it. At first I didn't quite like it but the script really fits Rome 2. Worried about a thousand vicious mouths. Really gets me pumped for Atilla. The city screenshots look great too.

Though does this mean a CGI opening for Atilla wont be done? Theres where the money needs to be. Show me the damn million horsemen!
    They said each playable faction would have unique starting vids

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Not was I was talking about but awwweeesooomeeeeee. Grrreat to hear!!!!
    You say you wont buy Atilla but your only lying to your self.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Yeah, thatīs actually pretty kickass!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaton View Post
    Yeah, thatīs actually pretty kickass!
    I wish that had been done in Rome 2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    I wish that had been done in Rome 2!!!
    Me too Honestly, since the first Rome had unique videos for each culture I kinda expected that in Rome II as well. But that belongs in another thread.
    For Attila, I like it, though I do wonder if it will be like the first Rome or more like Medieval 2 where it was the same video, but with different text.

well this is my first time commenting in this praise/complain to CA thread but I hope its not the last. do CA team really read these?! anyways.

Atilla! finally a figure based TW since NTW. I loved the scale of ETW but NTW was refined or not buggy as ETW. so this seems a refreshing start to make a game rather than make a cluster of patches refining R2TW. seige effects on settlements feels convincing as you attack settlements for number of turns like they did historically when lacking of siege weapons. looks promising but then again so was R2TW :p. please please take careful notes of past errors with R2TW.

Icon11 My introduction and First thougths about Total War: Atilla

Hello,

as you may have noticed my name is "Legio Comitatenses",

and there is a good reason for that. I was imensely impressed by the presentation guys made on the new installment.

To tell you the truth, I was never more hyped about a next Total War installment ever before, than I am for Atilla.
    The setting, graphics and scenery are just simply mindblowing.

Units appear to move more softly compared to Empire, Napoleon and Rome 2, which is a great and positive surprise.
    Also, the over all mechanic really plunges you into the atmosphere. Not only the engine point of view, also the overall
    gameplay atmosphere is mindblowing. You have thosw viking like Dark Ages barbarians spawning all over the map,
    ferocious hordes, that will engulf and end the world, if not for - LEGIO COMITATENSES!

https://cms-images.idgesg.net/images...54653-orig.png

The Roman faction is made just EPICALLY. Things that I particularilly liked about the Legio Comitatenses, which are my favorite unit are:

- the use of Roman longsword (as opposed to earlyer Gladius)
    - epic battle animation (as the Legio Comitatenses point their edgy longswords behind no less epic oval shields, and charge fearlessly into enemy)
    - energic voice acting (loud "LEGIO COMI-TA-TENSES!!!" as you click on those heroes or "FOR THE GOOD LORD!" as you issue order to attack)

Talking about the Lord,
    In my humble oppinion, it's cool to have the Christian Roman empire to play as. You are fighting for GOD HIMSELF against barbarian rabble - cool if you ask me.
    Also it's nice CA have taken the Eastern Roman empire seriously, they have released a really great concept art of Constantinople you can see down there:

Great.

Hagia Sophia was not yet built at the time, but domed churches were starting to be build - it was a cultural influence from Syria.
    It would be great if you could build the Hagia Sophia as Justinian as the game progresses.

That's all - great job, CA. So far, so good.

One thing that I don't really like though. When you guys took a look at the religious map, we can see there is a partition between "ORTHODOX" and "CATHOLIC" christian... now this is sort out of the time frame. The game is set in 395 AD, way before the great schism or any conflicts between the Eastern and Western churches. In this time period there was NO difference between "Catholic" and "Orthodox", the church was "Roman Empire's state Orthodoxy".

We can say the church was just Orthodox Christian, not yet catholic. Even the byptistery in Ravenna built in 4. century AD, which at that time was the capital of WESTERN Roman empire, is called "Baptistery of the Orthodox".

Good developers please take notice on this and correct this mistake. There is no such thing as Catholic Christianity as early as 395 AD, and no offence to Catholics out there. Correct me if I am wrong. (Even if the word "Catholic" existed in that time, it was used along with the word "Orthodox")

All in all, can't wait. Can't wait to defeat 100s of thousands of barbarians with just a handful of brave Christian Men, and even expand the empire.

my tactic will be to retreat from Scotland to London, as CA have done in the video, also, to retreat from northern provinced of Gaul, group up the legions, and just march all over barbarian territories. When the Huns come - if I don't come to them first as the Western Roman Empire, they will probably just turn away and flee like cattle.

PRAISE JESUS!

The good things about the game are:

- smoth and dynamic engine (which looks a step forward from Rome 2)
    - great atmosphere of the game
    - legendary setting
    - Western Roman Empire
    - Eastern Roman Empire
    - Great new city models
    - feeling of imenseness and ideologic background of a given faction you play

And ofc...

- LEGIO COMITATENSES!
    the best unit evah

Default Re: My introduction and First thougths about Total War: Atilla

itīs nice to see someone positive and enthusiastic about the game as you are....the next person so cool about this game is only a Creative Assembly PR twitter accout )

/// speaking of CREATIVE in the name...the Alien: Isolation game looks pretty good, did they outsources all the game designers from Total War series to it and leave only graphics guys and marketing department behind? .))

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrew View Post
    itīs nice to see someone positive and enthusiastic about the game as you are....the next person so cool about this game is only a Creative Assembly PR twitter accout )

/// speaking of CREATIVE in the name...the Alien: Isolation game looks pretty good, did they outsources all the game designers from Total War series to it and leave only graphics guys and marketing department behind? .))

Given this was my first post,

I was actually expecting somene will mistake me for a CA account... but no, I trust by god himself, I wanted to work with the CA, but dind't get that honour.

I'm a guy that is as critic as enthusiastic about the game...

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

I can't wait to plow over the Roman Empire as the barbarian horde and bring to an end centuries of Roman oppression by sacking their city and hearing the lamentations of its people.

But yeah, I only really got interested in this specific period because of the announcement and I already think it's the coolest time period of Roman history, Late Roman Empire FTW. They just seem cooler and more classy than their more popular earlier counterparts. Hope that doesn't make me a history hipster.
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post
    I can't wait to plow over the Roman Empire as the barbarian horde and bring to an end centuries of Roman oppression by sacking their city and hearing the lamentations of its people.

But yeah, I only really got interested in this specific period because of the announcement and I already think it's the coolest time period of Roman history, Late Roman Empire FTW. They just seem cooler and more classy than their more popular earlier counterparts. Hope that doesn't make me a history hipster.
    Yes at the bolded! I plan on playing riders of doom and laughing maniacally as my men sack Rome! Its nice seeing someone excited about this game/expansion/whatever! It is just nice to see someone happy about it. To be honest my hype levels are that of what they were when Rome 2 was announced which has me worried lol. But if they keep all the stuff they showed in the gameplay I will be happy. Plus oh the mods people will come up with!

I hope this is the Napoleon and FOTS for Rome 2, I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post

No bro, it doesen't.

I agree completely here - the Roman Empire of the late period actually got upgraded and not downgraded,

you see, the Romans were doing more than they could to survive as a state, they reformed their armies, used a longer sword instead of the clumsy gladius;

also a lighter and more agile oval shield. The legion did not "barbarise" and "downgrade" as many think, if you look closer, they actually got better!

+++
    Also, as for the Christianization of the Roman Empire, many say it was a mistake, but hell no. The new faith was just what the Empire needed, it in a sense unified the people.

The rerason for fall of WRE was imo primarily climate change.

I like the WAY-PRE-ALPHA stuff..... I hope it stays that way at release

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast