Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (sub-mod) Less Civil War

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

Default (sub-mod) Less Civil War

Updated for DeI 1.03
    (This means that is working with present AND future versions of DeI - I only changed the title lol: are the same variables, DeI 1.03 didn't change anything in "Dres2_campaign_variables")

LessCW_DeI_10.7z

(start new game ... unfortunately )

Less Civil War - is a reduction of the impact that Civil War has on player to a minimum.
    It does not disable the Civil War.
    But due to the "hard core" game play of DeI 1.(...), I highly recommend it, as there is enough hardship as is (lol)

Advertisement:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I don't know how many of you got your 1st CW with DeI 1.
    I wonder ...,If you have just enough means to field some 3 full Legions , what if 2 of those "bad-azz" Legions turn against you ????
    Because iirc the armies that rebel are 30% of what you can field according Empire Level and not what you actually have. Not sure , but is just a thought.
    Use Less CW and all your problems will be solved !

Since it loads 1st should give the desired balance which in my view will lower the trouble.

Contains:

-Only 10 % of armies/fleets turn.
    -The chance of civil war is set to "1” , thus the lowest.
    -It triggers at in-game empire level 6+
    It works only in a new campaign...

older version:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

__DeI_lessCW096c.7z
    (I'll keep this version for those that still play older Dei )

No CW optional:
    No_CW_DeI_10.7z
    ( thx to SilverCohort for the idea )
    This will disable CW altogether !

The attached file down below is a "mistake" actually = it gives only 1500 income per turn and is really demanding for your economy... If one wants to play really hard then this "mistake" will just give you a hard time in the beginning.
    Warning : you start with negative income / turn...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Krixux; January 11, 2015 at 01:58 AM.
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Default Re: (sub-mod) Less Civil War

These are the sorts of mods I like to see. A lot of people have complained over the extent of the civil war mechanic. Modders need to strike a better balance, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    These are the sorts of mods I like to see. A lot of people have complained over the extent of the civil war mechanic. Modders need to strike a better balance, I think.
    That and the fact that with DeI being heavily modded and having already some lag/freezes during some scripted events (Reforms for ones faction and other factions), the CW is a campaign killer for some.

Including me, I had a crash (RTWII has stopped working) at end turn that made my save game unplayable and I think that it was because of CW the next turn.

So, until it is fixed by CA and/or modded by the DeI team, we'll have to rely on band aid mods like this one that allows player to play their game without it being ruined by crashes, ridiculous rebellions of your own generals, CW after CW,...

Submod doenst work for me anymore after the newest patch 8 of my 12 armies are now marching against me

Just a note (and big thanks to Krixux) - I slightly reduced civil war chances and some other variables in the latest DeI update. However, this submod will make it even less likely so is still very useful for those who like it.

I wanted to start out small with the main mod and see how small reductions work out.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Just a note (and big thanks to Krixux) - I slightly reduced civil war chances and some other variables in the latest DeI update. However, this submod will make it even less likely so is still very useful for those who like it.

I wanted to start out small with the main mod and see how small reductions work out.
    Me @ Dresden :

This mini-mini-mod is imperfect and is just an amateuristic and a temporary solution.
    Already DeI is near perfection, and will be even more with version 1.0 I'm sure ...btw, cannot wait for 1.0 !!!
    ...honestly Dresden, I (!) inspired from your work , to my level of understanding, all thanks should go to you and all you real modders !

Thank You

@ Noobie 117

I'll look into it and promise to revise it and ad multiple choices ASAP !

Edit: Noobie 117 , is done
    Last edited by Krixux; October 01, 2014 at 06:30 PM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

The only sure thing is that the truth is between these numbers. The C.A give us the files but not the explain of them. They want to sell the game. They want from us to create mods because the game becomes better and they have less job to do but they dont give us anything ballanced and good explaining. Sometimes i feel that i am fighting a lost battle. Numbers, numbers and more numbers. Other games likeEuropa Universalis Rome, are more simple but have excellent dimplomacy and the civil war has some rules, logical and realism. RTW2 cannot have anything realistic. We must create the realism? And we must pay for this almost 50 euros and my more for the dlcs?
    Maybe we are very addict to Total war series...
    Because we pay for this

Libertus

how / where do I install it? through 1000 for the job, the civil war is a mess !!

Quote Originally Posted by Belisario74 View Post
    how / where do I install it? through 1000 for the job, the civil war is a mess !!
    download , un-zip (with 7z for example) , open __DeI_lessCW096 file , drag : __DeI_lessCW.pack into:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data

Libertus

Thanks I try it on the ongoing campaign

Libertus

the last question (?) to be included in the file date is .Pack 2KB?

Quote Originally Posted by Belisario74 View Post
    the last question (?) to be included in the file date is .Pack 2KB?

....yes only 2kb

in db : DeI_campaign_variables contains only 25 rows with variables keys.
    The only change is in "value" to give the most minimal impact on CW ( that I could think of...)

Hi!

How about an update?

Please

@ nurse aenima
    hmhm it works for me "as is" - did you encounter problems with DeI 0.96g ?
    This mini - mod just changes some values in columns than normally remain the same over patches and new versions of mod/mods.

I use this "Less CW " with vanilla and other mods and it sill does the job.
    Please tell me what is the problem asap so I can fix it by Saturday (20 Dec).

Edit:
    It should be compatible with any present or future version of DeI .
    Last edited by Krixux; December 18, 2014 at 06:40 PM.

Senator

I started a few weeks ago with R2TW/DeI and got two CW till now. Isn't it the case that normally all armies with "other-family-members" as generals and admirals turn on you (I'm playing an empire with a king)? Or is it a percent of all armies? Then I got lucky because only the other families rebelled.

A question. My last CW had a really strange effect: the only army with a non-family general (I learned from the first CW) happened by coincidence to stand in an allied region with a provincial capital. Strangely it defected to the rebels and the prior owner was not even at war with the province thief, the rebels. Gave me the opportunity to conquer this capital. Is it normal that the region in which a rebelling army rests gets a region of your rebels, depite what faction rules it? That offers totally new strategical possibilities. Put small stacks of potential rebels near Rome and/or Carthage, wait for CW and the mighty metropols are yours without war with the legal owners. Glorious. Was this incident a strange bug or is it the usual mechanic how rebellion works?

I will surely try the mod.

hehe CW mechanics are "unusual" to say the least.
    To answer your 1st question is the 10% of rebellious entities in this mini-mod represent just that: 10% of your armies/fleets and if you don't have ten minimum 1 of them will turn against you. Had multiple times that my 2nd in my family turned against me, at the command of my very elite legion. I cannot mod that; I would but is beyond me.
    About that "incident" with one of your armies joining the rebels , well that a cool feature. But again had no idea that could happen. Awesome !

btw: if you use this less-cw mod , you will have less cw overall m8.
    Better quality that quantity right
    Last edited by Krixux; December 23, 2014 at 01:10 PM.

thanks for this

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi.

Does this work for 1.0?

I'm waiting for 1.0 to download - through IPhone at 13 kb / sec (12 hour) no fixed internet connection ( wild ) . I'll up-load then
    ASAP !
    Give it a try as is, might work since the text columns remain the same...

Double post :

Less Civil War
    -updated for current DeI version

@Dresded

LOL
    "DeI_campaign_variables"
    AND :
    "Dres2_campaign_variables"
    ?????
    (it took me 5 days to figure that out lol, I just couldn't see it lol )

lol
    Last edited by Krixux; January 11, 2015 at 02:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast