Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (sub-mod) Less Civil War

Default Re: (sub-mod) Less Civil War

Heyho

After starting my first d.e.i. campaign on VH/N with the seleukids, I was disturbed by the civil wars. The second i reached imperium lvl 4, boom, CW. I managed to fight back, but some turns later the next CW started just as I was ready rebuilding everything to prae-cw-status. When the third one hit me I raged a little and googled for some no-cw-alternative. That's how I found this thread.
    Perfect, I thougt, downloaded the no-cw-option (not the less-cw one) and started a new game with Athens (hell of a start on very hard, btw ). Since I thought I had the no-cw-patch/fix/whatever added to my Total War Rome II\data folder, I paid no attention whatsoever to the politics (which I did with the Seleucids btw, didn't help though). You can imagine what happened next: Imperium lvl 4, 3 rounds in, CW -.-

So now my question: Is there any other way to completely disable the civil wars? I really donŽt like them at all. Fighting back the armies once in a while could still be fun, but losing my experienced generals/armies and having to start over every 20 turns really kills it for me -.-

Thanks for helping

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

hm hm

I'll look into it ...

Edit:

1st
    I need to know if you are using Steam version of DeI or the stand alone version ?
    2nd
    Is LessCW loading 1st* before both main DeI and DeI fix pack ?
    *fix pack are named starting with "@"
    -rename the fix pack that it loads before main DeI, and after any (LessCW included) sub mods

in this order:
    sub mods
    fix pack
    main DeI

...call me ...

lol let me know asap
    Last edited by Krixux; January 30, 2015 at 10:31 AM.
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Thanks for the fast answer

I think i found the answer myself, IŽll test it right after this post.

I have the steam version, parts 1 - 4 of DeI. What I might have forgotten is to enable out-of-date mods
    I don't know where I can see what loads first, NoCW or DeI, or how to rename a file so it loads before anything else. My knowledge around computers is pretty much maxed out at using the keyboard But hopefully enabeling the submod will work for me now, so that I won't haveto do all that.

IŽll keep you posted

thomas_r's Avatar Decanus

A big thanks for this mod... i did a campaign WITHOUT it but i got too much civil war (every 5 turn) so i will use your mod that I think is indispensable. thanks !

Thanks for the mod!

One question: are you sure it starts only on imperium 6+ and not on imperium level 5+?

Because I opened it with PFM and it says civil_war_(low/medium/high)_chance_fame_level 5 ? Or is fame level 5 = imperium level 6, sry I'm newb. I'm not that far in my campaign to check if it works.

Sketchik's Avatar Libertus

Noooo!
    Why didn't I see this mod earlier?
    I am 100+ turns into my Carthage campaign and standing knee-deep in rebel scum
    I really don't understand why even the settlements without an opposing General turn on you...
    And who on earth would want a campaign with more than 1 or 2 civil wars??

Thank you for sharing this mod, I will definitely use it in my next campaign!

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Does this work with the latest version?

Two questions:
    1) Will this submod work with the last version of DeI (1.05)?
    2) Are there any submods, which turn off civil war mechanic after victory in the first one? Civil war was an interesting experience, but I surely don't want to repeat it every two-three ingame years. I liked old civil war system more - you have won, you have cut all your opponents and their families, you have granted the absolute power. Realistic in some case.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123