Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For anyone that got XC going with Steam Gold edition and BI exe

Total Roach's Avatar Ducenarius

Default For anyone that got XC going with Steam Gold edition and BI exe

I just got the steam version of RTW gold, if you got XC working with XC please give some step by step instructions on how. The install options to choose between exe do not appear, changing the exe to one from my old disc did not help nor did deleting the exe files from the steam folder, frustrated to say the least, this is my favourite mod and really want to get it working

Outcast's Avatar Civis

Default Re: For anyone that got XC going with Steam Gold edition and BI exe

Um so basically you want to play on barbarian invasion and not on rome? If thats the case I might be able to help

Have you tried running BI at least once before installing the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Um so basically you want to play on barbarian invasion and not on rome? If thats the case I might be able to help

Have you tried running BI at least once before installing the mod?
    yes

Here's how I do it.

Right click on RTW in the Steam library, select "properties" and set the "launch options" to this:

-mod:xc -show_err -nm
    Then to run the game, right click on RTW in the Steam library and select "launch rome total war barbarian invasion".

Quote Originally Posted by Ballpoint202 View Post
    Here's how I do it.

Right click on RTW in the Steam library, select "properties" and set the "launch options" to this:

Then to run the game, right click on RTW in the Steam library and select "launch rome total war barbarian invasion".
    ok, but do you put that first step in before or after running the installer, how do you know it's running the correct version?

If it's not giving the option to install for BI-exe how do I know if XC installs the files needed when doing this also?
    Last edited by Total Roach; September 29, 2014 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Total Roach View Post
    ok, but do you put that first step in before or after running the installer, how do you know it's running the correct version?

If it's not giving the option to install for BI-exe how do I know if XC installs the files needed when doing this also?

Ok, superb....ish, added the launch option before installing XC and the launched using the right click option you mentioned.

Version 1.6 is now showing, but I'm getting that sythia horse archer horde script error msg when exiting

Cannot launch any campaign, only custom battles showing, campaigns are showing up if I choose basic RTW launch, changed all preferences.txt to make sure they said first time play-false, no change
    Last edited by Total Roach; September 29, 2014 at 06:17 PM.

I don't remember the specifics of installing XC (it's been two years), but I just looked at the installer and on the first screen it gives a long list of options to select from (e.g. Carthaginian Senate and land bridges) including whether to use BI or Alex. Are you not getting this list at all or is it just missing the exe option?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballpoint202 View Post
    I don't remember the specifics of installing XC (it's been two years), but I just looked at the installer and on the first screen it gives a long list of options to select from (e.g. Carthaginian Senate and land bridges) including whether to use BI or Alex. Are you not getting this list at all or is it just missing the exe option?
    Getting all the list except the the exe options, I gave up anyway after trying everything I could

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Total Roach View Post
    Getting all the list except the the exe options, I gave up anyway after trying everything I could
    Maybe you've downloaded a different XC version?
    I'm using 4.11 with Alex on Steam:

http://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/cv/

I know I may be a little later for the topic, but hopefully anyone else looking for this issue will see here.

I had a RTW gold edition disk, it does not work with MANY mods because of a specific reason: It has a different version number the usual RTW's.

Look at the bottom of the screen when you open up the option menu from the main screen, it will show the patch number.

The usual order goes:

RTW original 1.0-1.3 (there a patch to 1.3 if you have anything below 1.3)
    RTW 1.5 (latest official release patch, you must have 1.3 first before you patch to 1.5)
    BI 1.6
    Alex 1.9

RTW gold seems to have a V1.4 whether you install just rtw, or indeed install BI after. There is no patch to go from 1.4 onwards. I have tried the 1.3 patch, it says you version is already higher; I have tried the 1.5 patch, it says you need to already have 1.3 to continue.

In short, RTW gold edition is stuck at 1.4 and most mods require RTW1.5 or BI1.6. Either hope to find an older (non-gold edition) from ebay or sommat, or look for a 'mu' way of acquiring the game.
    Son of the Wolf and the Bear!

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

I know this may be a bit late, but it could still help someone else in future. I have Anthology which is 3 separate discs, I also had the same problem but I sussed it out. Run the installer again, a window should come up, in that window is a tick box for repair, check said tick box and run installer again. If you check your options menu should see that you now have 1.5 version. Hope this helps.

I have the same problem both on Steam version and old 3-disc install. The XC installer just doesn't detect BI or ALX and installs with RTW values, giving errors regarding hordes when I close the game. Any advice?

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Did you update to patch 1.6 the old 3 disk install?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Sorry, i forgot to mention that's an old install, updated to latest patches and with BI and ALX included. Anyway, it doesn't even work with the Steam install.

Weird... What's your OS?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I am running Windows 10 Pro

I suspect our installer has some issues with Windows 10, wish we had someone skilled in the matter on board...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Same issue. I have kept a saved version of XC i had in the past which is ALEX.exe on my hard drive. but everytime i try to create a new version of XC using a different exe or changing the settings of the game, I dont have the option of selecting RTW, BI or ALEX.exe on the installer

We are working on a solution, however as we don't have installer experts on our team it won't be available in short time I'm afraid.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgkcZ2C1_-2SgdV_kx_nV8YKUCBwcQ
    Please try this test build, it might help
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast