Thread: Full screen problems

Green_Jacket's Avatar Libertus

Default Full screen problems

When I launch the mod it will not launch in full screen.

I can force it so via task managed and everything is in the correct proportion apart from those lovely EB2 loading screens which all seem to zoom in :/
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe"

Default Re: Full screen problems

Hello,

Just encountered this as well. You have to edit the EBII.cfg file in the EBII folder, find where it says "windowed" and change the value to 0.

Another solution is to keep windowed mode on, but change the campaign & battle resolutions in medieval2.preference.cfg in your main M2TW folder to match your desktop resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhihohum1 View Post
    Hello,

Just encountered this as well. You have to edit the EBII.cfg file in the EBII folder, find where it says "windowed" and change the value to 0.
    I am unable to open the EBII.cfg file using windows 7.Can any one suggest a program to open it thanks in advance.

Notepad.

I was having fullscreen problems as well. I opened the file in Notepad, and changed 'windowed= 1' to 'windowed= 0'. However, it would not let me save the changes in the original file, nor make a new copy. I received a popup that said 'Access Denied'. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by aea2o5 View Post
    I was having fullscreen problems as well. I opened the file in Notepad, and changed 'windowed= 1' to 'windowed= 0'. However, it would not let me save the changes in the original file, nor make a new copy. I received a popup that said 'Access Denied'. What do I do?
    +1 I'm full admin, so i don't understand what it is i dont have access to.. :/

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Right-click on the file and uncheck "Read Only".

Once that's unchecked, you can make changes to the file and save it

I managed to uncheck the EBII.cfg document, but when i try to save the changes it forces me to 'save as'; and when i try this, the same error comes up. (the EBII folder is read-only, and however many times i try to uncheck it, it just reverts back..)

Quote Originally Posted by mrhihohum1 View Post
    Hello,

Actually, no. That's a workaround, not a fix, which makes the game less stable (because it's much less likely to crash in windowed mode).

What you need to find in your default M2TW folder is the medieval2.preference.cfg. In there find the [video] section and change the battle_resolution and campaign_resolution lines to match your native resolution. You may need to set it to read only afterwards, if your game overwrites the values in it.

I also encounter a problem with the loading screen, but it is not with the resolution, but rather with the pixels (or somethings similar): the screen appears like a mess with small pictures (or images) jumping chaotically around the screen. I can't even see the headings to select.

Same problem as above.Sometimes,my campaign screen get small pictures around the screen,and it made choosing anthing more difficulty.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Why don't you just follow the instructions above King Baldwin IVs post? Borderless window mode is better all round, I use it in every single game possible.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

I'm still playing in window mode from ver 2.01.

This problem appeared in window mode,too.