Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [SubMod] Armenian Faction. v0.2

Default Re: [SubMod] Armenian Faction. v0.2

Thanks, ahper

There will be complete update of Armenia in next big update, so will see much more

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...m,_Armenia.jpg

Armenian soldier from Letchashen, 15-14th centuries BC. Reconstructed by Prof. A. D. Tchagharian, National Museum of Armenian Ethnography and History of Liberal Struggle, the memorial complex of Sardarapat, Armavir, Armenia

All media in

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ca...menian_culture

and

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ca..._Eternity_Sign

The article about Armenian Eternity sign in Armenian Wikipedia:

http://hy.wikipedia.org/wiki/Հավերժության_հայկական_նշան
    Last edited by Darth Red; February 13, 2015 at 11:35 AM.

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Vahram Mekhitarian View Post
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...m,_Armenia.jpg

Armenian soldier from Letchashen, 15-14th centuries BC. Reconstructed by Prof. A. D. Tchagharian, National Museum of Armenian Ethnography and History of Liberal Struggle, the memorial complex of Sardarapat, Armavir, Armenia

All media in

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ca...menian_culture

and

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ca..._Eternity_Sign

The article about Armenian Eternity sign in Armenian Wikipedia:

http://hy.wikipedia.org/wiki/Հավերժության_հայկական_նշան

BC? That means armenia was occupied by essentially Nairi states, and that image looks more like a Andronovo warrior regardless.

Default Re: [SubMod] Armenian Faction. v0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Avetis View Post
    Thanks!
    I'm working exactly with this series of pictures (clickable):

As you can see at last picture, the infantryman is almost completly Roman style.
    As for cavalryman at the left - I want to use him as Nakharar Knight. The main problem for me is helmet model.
    amazing quality of these historical units,should modding the totalwar attila and bring this work to that game.
    attila totalwar facilitates the work that belongs to the same epoch and would be easier modding units,plus this new game has new features such as family tree, fire, better graphics and it seems that better AI.
    the team mod can move their work and effort to this new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetis View Post
    Ok, first I want to say is Thank you CROC Team for your great work.
    You have covered one my favorites timeframe and this modification is so inspiring for me.

So, I want to show you results of my work with Armenia.
    I've started with roster overhaul and now we got 17 new units.

Armenia was under huge Roman influence, furthermore Tiridat The Great grew up at the court of Roman Emperor and even participated in some Roman military campaigns before he rise up to the Armenian throne.

So I tried to make roster of Armenia kind a Romanized and not so fancy as at BC times.
    I want to say thanks to CRoC team for those beautiful models/textures. I just make some new textures of mail/hats and shields based on this great assets.

Update (v.0.2.3)
    Rebalance for foot royal guards

Update (v.0.2.2):
    Armenian unit names
    Reworked, more accurate, roster
    Some model fixes

Update (v.0.2.1):
    There are two new models - one for Nakharars and one (with two textures) for both Cataphracts
    New skins for this units (added some new textures and chest disk based on iberian chest disk)

Update (v.0.2):
    Little rebalance made (this part is hardest for me, so if you have any suggestions, tell me please)
    Now there is a roster of naval units (it's completely the same, but with submod's units onboard )
    Both starting armies consists of Armenian units

There are two download links:
    1) Version 0.2.3 Still with default CRoC Eastern units for Armenia (in this case you'll got too many units )
    2) Version 0.2.3 Without default CRoC Eastern units for Armenia (this one makes roster clear but affects 3 original tables (commander_unit_permission, units_custom_battle_permission_tables and units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables)! )

There is so much to do in future, but now we have this:

New faction symbol is Armenian Eternity Sign

Symbol

Bulgod's style unit icons:

17 NEW UNITS:

LEVIES AND LIGHT UNITS

Gugaz - levies from towns and highlands.

Shinakan Zork - levy spearmen

Ahehnavor - levy archers

Vardzkan Kurd - Kurdish and South Armenian javelin levies

Aspatak - is basicly name of all light cavalry. In this case Aspatak - light cavalry skirmishers

Ahehnavor Ayrudzi - Light hirse archers

Medium and trained troops

Ashkharazor - medium spear, barding with mail and equiped with large wicker shields

Shertavor - trained citizens, good equiped, attacking troops.

Asnvasor - medium, good equiped and fast cavalry

Ezela (or Ezelak) - heavy armoured horse archers

HEAVY NOBLES

Azat Aspet - lower armenian nobles

Nakharar Aspet - high Armenian nobles. Simillar to medieval feodals. In different times there were about 300-500 Nakharars in Armenia. Of course their quantity depends to territory area.

PROFESSIONAL AND ELITE SOLDIERS

Kentronakan - heavy Armenian spearmen, mostly veterans and choosen warriors

Armenian Legionarii - result of Roman influence to all Armenians, and especially Tiridat who grow up at Roman court

Mardpetakan - royal guardsmen, elite, excelent trained troops. Fight and equiped in Eastern fashion.
    Mardpetakan cavalry - shock cavalry, also equiped with bows. Mostly simbiosys of classic Eastern heavy cavalry and Nomad heavy cavalry. Later, in IV-VII centuries almost all heavy troops were equiped with bows.
    Mardpetakan infantry - foot royal guradsmen, heavy infantry with bows, round shields and mace or axe

New officers
    Officers

Hope you'll like it. Regards!
    Looks fair, but you need to improve some of its feature such as armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    amazing quality of these historical units,should modding the totalwar attila and bring this work to that game.
    attila totalwar facilitates the work that belongs to the same epoch and would be easier modding units,plus this new game has new features such as family tree, fire, better graphics and it seems that better AI.
    the team mod can move their work and effort to this new game.
    Some of them didn't exist until 10th century CE, so a little care and judgment required.

almas1985's Avatar Foederatus

wow, your 3D model helmets is really good .

Excellent work Avetis,
    Armenia is my favorite faction of this time period.
    For vast part of their history Armenians was surrounded by enemies and they survived. It make them very interesting faction.

Thank you

I can run mod well, but any of those two submod files are crashing my game, only CRoC mod enabled and Gem. Any idea what could cause this?

Sorted
    Last edited by Wulfgardt; May 28, 2017 at 05:05 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234