Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [SubMod] Armenian Faction. v0.2

Default [SubMod] Armenian Faction. v0.2

Ok, first I want to say is Thank you CROC Team for your great work.
    You have covered one my favorites timeframe and this modification is so inspiring for me.

So, I want to show you results of my work with Armenia.
    I've started with roster overhaul and now we got 17 new units.

Armenia was under huge Roman influence, furthermore Tiridat The Great grew up at the court of Roman Emperor and even participated in some Roman military campaigns before he rise up to the Armenian throne.

So I tried to make roster of Armenia kind a Romanized and not so fancy as at BC times.
    I want to say thanks to CRoC team for those beautiful models/textures. I just make some new textures of mail/hats and shields based on this great assets.

Update (v.0.2.3)
    Rebalance for foot royal guards

Update (v.0.2.2):
    Armenian unit names
    Reworked, more accurate, roster
    Some model fixes

Update (v.0.2.1):
    There are two new models - one for Nakharars and one (with two textures) for both Cataphracts
    New skins for this units (added some new textures and chest disk based on iberian chest disk)

Update (v.0.2):
    Little rebalance made (this part is hardest for me, so if you have any suggestions, tell me please)
    Now there is a roster of naval units (it's completely the same, but with submod's units onboard )
    Both starting armies consists of Armenian units

There are two download links:
    1) Version 0.2.3 Still with default CRoC Eastern units for Armenia (in this case you'll got too many units )
    2) Version 0.2.3 Without default CRoC Eastern units for Armenia (this one makes roster clear but affects 3 original tables (commander_unit_permission, units_custom_battle_permission_tables and units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables)! )

There is so much to do in future, but now we have this:

New faction symbol is Armenian Eternity Sign

Symbol

Bulgod's style unit icons:

17 NEW UNITS:

LEVIES AND LIGHT UNITS

Gugaz - levies from towns and highlands.

Shinakan Zork - levy spearmen

Ahehnavor - levy archers

Vardzkan Kurd - Kurdish and South Armenian javelin levies

Aspatak - is basicly name of all light cavalry. In this case Aspatak - light cavalry skirmishers

Ahehnavor Ayrudzi - Light hirse archers

Medium and trained troops

Ashkharazor - medium spear, barding with mail and equiped with large wicker shields

Shertavor - trained citizens, good equiped, attacking troops.

Asnvasor - medium, good equiped and fast cavalry

Ezela (or Ezelak) - heavy armoured horse archers

HEAVY NOBLES

Azat Aspet - lower armenian nobles

Nakharar Aspet - high Armenian nobles. Simillar to medieval feodals. In different times there were about 300-500 Nakharars in Armenia. Of course their quantity depends to territory area.

PROFESSIONAL AND ELITE SOLDIERS

Kentronakan - heavy Armenian spearmen, mostly veterans and choosen warriors

Armenian Legionarii - result of Roman influence to all Armenians, and especially Tiridat who grow up at Roman court

Mardpetakan - royal guardsmen, elite, excelent trained troops. Fight and equiped in Eastern fashion.
    Mardpetakan cavalry - shock cavalry, also equiped with bows. Mostly simbiosys of classic Eastern heavy cavalry and Nomad heavy cavalry. Later, in IV-VII centuries almost all heavy troops were equiped with bows.
    Mardpetakan infantry - foot royal guradsmen, heavy infantry with bows, round shields and mace or axe

New officers
    Officers

Hope you'll like it. Regards!
    Last edited by Avetis; October 07, 2014 at 10:24 AM.

Default Re: [SubMod] Armenian Faction. v0.1 - units

Files updated: i fixed some mail texture problem

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Damn man this looks really nice! Awesome job!

Awesome work

Wow really great work Nice to see Armenia getting some love! I find them to be a very interesting faction in this time period.

I am working on a way to add in custom missions for Armenia also.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thank you mates! I'm happy to see you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Nice to see Armenia getting some love! I find them to be a very interesting faction in this time period.
    I have Armenian roots so this faction is my favorite, especially this timeframe

So some updates for today:

1) New faction symbol is Armenian Eternity Sign

SHOW

2) Bulgod's style unit icons:
    SHOW

3) Recolor of all units to make them more different and not so saturate. Also fixed some texture and variantmesh errors.

4)
    Retextured shields (fixed those ugly shining, especially at big oval shields):

SHOW

And a couple of banners

Last edited by Avetis; September 29, 2014 at 06:25 AM.

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Again, awesome job man! This looks proper good.

Thanks a lot, sir!

Default Re: [SubMod] Armenian Faction. v0.1

could you point me to the sorces that talk about this dragon warriors?, they seem interesting.

Sorry, can't find them now

What i have to show you - this 3D image which I found couple years ago:

Early medieval Vishapapet (literally "Dragon Lord")

I think, "Vishap" could be not exactly the name of some troops, but the name of most fearless warriors from different parts of army.

For example, some men called "vishap" were in Roman army lead by Narses (Roman general who had Armenian roots by the way), at war with Goths in Italy.
    In fact it was just a group of selected warriors, not some troop called "Vishap".
    One of these Armenians, named Ancala (or Antsala, i don't know how it'll be in English), defeat Kokas in one-on-one pre-battle duel

Honestly, I think the unit called "Vishap" can be just a fantasy. But different wariors called "Vishap" is true.

So, I can call my "Vishap" units partically fictional, but they're still better then Kartli axemen

update:

This picture is most inspired for me. Maybe I wouldn't make Vishap without it
    Today I add new armour variant for this units - lamellar leather cuirass (yes, it's inspired by this picture ).

SHOW

links in first post updated.
    Last edited by Avetis; September 29, 2014 at 06:24 AM.

Very excellent job

Links updated!

So what we got now:Few retextures, some new textures, for example new leg armour:
    SHOW

New officers with new texture for great Counterpoint helmet made by CRoC Team
    SHOW

Nakharars and Azats now can use swords in close combat

SHOW
    Last edited by Avetis; September 29, 2014 at 06:37 AM.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Awesome work I love playing as this faction, I cant wait to fight off the Sassanids with these awesome new textures! Hopefully they will get there own soonly
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

I am working on some Armenian chapter missions so maybe we can include this in the main mod once I get that done. If you are interested in helping with the mod team let me know.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I think armenian Legionnaires need some balancing, right know they are better than the Roman Comitatenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I am working on some Armenian chapter missions so maybe we can include this in the main mod once I get that done. If you are interested in helping with the mod team let me know.
    Sure, I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    I think armenian Legionnaires need some balancing, right know they are better than the Roman Comitatenses.
    You're right. Almost all units needs to rebalance and army cap restrictions. Maybe it'll be done at main mod.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Armenian noble (cataphract) of 4th-5th century:

Nottice the simularities and diferences of Armenian Cataphract of 1st cent BC
    link
    While the basic consept remained the same , in the 1st case "Roman" influences over an eastern kind of warriors dominate.
    In the 2nd case the Perso/Parthian equipment dominate!
    Both cases can be used in your timefarme!

Armanian warriors (horseman on the left) of 350-500AD
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thanks!
    I'm working exactly with this series of pictures (clickable):

As you can see at last picture, the infantryman is almost completly Roman style.
    As for cavalryman at the left - I want to use him as Nakharar Knight. The main problem for me is helmet model.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Caution the rest of warriors are from 8th to 12th centuries!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Caution the rest of warriors are from 8th to 12th centuries!
    Yes, I know, thanks a lot.

----------------------------------------------

Update: maybe I'd call it "version 0.2"

Little rebalance made (this part is hardest for me, so if you have any suggestions, tell me please)

Now there is a roster of naval units (it's completely the same, but with submod's units onboard )

Both starting armies consists of Armenian units:

First post updated!
    Last edited by Avetis; September 29, 2014 at 06:29 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast