Thread: Allowing unit to attack faster/slower in melee

Narakir's Avatar Decanus

Default Allowing unit to attack faster/slower in melee

Yes it's possible without annimations :

The number to change is here :
    stat_pri 13,4, javelin, 45, 2, thrown, blade, piercing, spear, 25, 1
    Infact this number means how many miliseconds the unit will wait between attacks before playing the annimation. Obviously you can't see real difference in combat but a unit with 0 is five time more effective than a unit with 25 this means this can create a strange unbalancing, I discovered this by accident when 120 archers with short swords destroyed and routed a unit of 200 spearmen.

But let's see the good aspect of this :
    The more this value is high for everyunits (my mod uses 25) the more are the melee combat slow, without any changes on morale or and defense/attack.
    It's a good tool to simulate the fact that units with heavy weapons attack slower adding +5 the 25 would make them attack (or playing thier annimation) slower than others you can use it too for men with two weapons by allowing them to attack twice as fast or slower wich makes them deadly effective without raising thier attack value.

I hope this could be usefull for actual RTW modders and that this value is still here in MTWII.

I've not extensibly tested it but it's makes a real difference, and could be quite usefull for realism mod for exemple but remember this have to be applied in the unit cost to keep things balanced.
    "They do not possess the true fire. They speak of creation and they boast of their potential but they do not create anything beyond the mundane. Their imagination is poor, obsessed with the small details. A true Dreamer, I say, creates a grand scheme and then concentrates on the details. Starting with the details is for the ants of the imagination - the small insects who aspire only to be fed.”

Nihl Xander, Godsmen Engineer - Planescape Torment

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Default Re: Allowing unit to attack faster/slower in melee

very very good info... I've always wondered what those values represent
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

But what does the last number mean? I've always wondered what does this value represent...

The chance to kill. Set to 1, as is the default, means that every hit that gets past the defence of the model will result in the loss of one hitpoint, which, since most units have only one hitpoint, will result in the killing of the model.
    If the value is lowered, obviously, not every sucessfull hit will kill the attacked model, if itīs set to 0.5, the probability for a killing stroke is 50%.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

In what file are these values found?

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

export_descr_unit.txt

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

marked this as a tutorial
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz