Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback, Discussion & Bugs] Rome 2 Total Realism

Decanus

Default Re: Rome II Total Realism Bug Thread

I didn't really mean to argue that the military ports were under valued but more so that the trading port is such an effective build option that other options appear to be a waste of money IE: the Inn. But also the Fishing Port at the same level.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    We also have Brutii and Campanii in game using prologue factions.
    So only four "displaced" factions in total? I can do that extra work (on top of the dev for Totus on my end). But not in time before your next release, I think. So I'll adapt my Omnes Factiones accordingly for your second release after the current one, if you guys like.

Sorry about being off-topic for a while here.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Demokritos, we made quite a lot of changes regarding new factions I think. To be honest I'm not sure which one has been released yet, but you can probably check it yourself with the release of the new version All faction displacing was of course based on historical research, but with the way CA made the map one sometimes has to sacrifice one or another faction or region ownership.
    For example, Ephesus incorporates Parts of Ionia and Lycia as well as Caria right now. Historically, this region was highly contested and in 272 BC it was split between the Seleucid and Ptolemaic Empire and their local dynasts. Then in the mountain ranges you also got some fierce independent tribes and minor dynasts. All of this cannot be portrayed when CA only gives us one city, thus we mostly decided to give a region to it's most prominent owner, in this case the Ptolemies, because they effectively controlled almost the whole coast and Ephesus itself.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

A startpos re-re-re-rework is certainly needed after 20th Nov especially if we want to include the new DLC/FLC factions.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Demokritos, we made quite a lot of changes regarding new factions I think. To be honest I'm not sure which one has been released yet, but you can probably check it yourself with the release of the new version All faction displacing was of course based on historical research, but with the way CA made the map one sometimes has to sacrifice one or another faction or region ownership.
    For example, Ephesus incorporates Parts of Ionia and Lycia as well as Caria right now. Historically, this region was highly contested and in 272 BC it was split between the Seleucid and Ptolemaic Empire and their local dynasts. Then in the mountain ranges you also got some fierce independent tribes and minor dynasts. All of this cannot be portrayed when CA only gives us one city, thus we mostly decided to give a region to it's most prominent owner, in this case the Ptolemies, because they effectively controlled almost the whole coast and Ephesus itself.
    Oh, I don't doubt for a second that you guys have good reason for such changes. That's what RTR has been and R2TR is all about. An increased sense of history in the game. I was just not prepared for the specifics of those changes.

Haven't been all over the place in your new version yet, but I guess it's a good idea to take a thorough tour in order to make sure the colours end up where they're supposed to be. If someone in the team already has an image or images of the R2TR campaign maps with all factions placed and named, I wouldn't mind to see it.

Thanks for the call, Mausolos.

Back on topic...

The info for the top navy stance button is missing (in R2TR 2.1)...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Demokritos; November 14, 2014 at 04:15 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Decanus

I'm pretty sure promoting my general is reducing tax rates IE: the tax bonus is being applied in reverse. PS: this new battle system is very intriguing.

Edit: maybe not, the taxes are a little strange, try to figure them out.
    Last edited by La Tene; November 14, 2014 at 08:29 PM.

Decanus

Selling slaves still "reduces slave population decline"

Decanus

This is supposed to be a penalty, but as it is worded, it indicates a positive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cse5cmet0...ssion.jpg?dl=0

Yes, that is intentional. We are going to introduce much bigger cultural penalties for all factions, and this bonus is intended to simulate Roman different approach to different cultures. Unlike Hellenes, Rome adopted a lot from others, while they didnt destroyed other cultures completely but instead if they didn't challenged Rome, they let them be. We want to make cultural absorption of province more profound, with different effect for different cultures. At this point, it is still in progress, and that bonus is just a part of the system that needs to be finished. (anyway, with current cultural public order penalties, even -75% reduces disorder just a little)

Decanus

Ah very interesting. It sounds like Roman expansion was more sophisticated and a bit like the ancient Persians.

While I'm typing, also, the Polybolos are making few kills. Maybe I need to target light armored troops, but scorpions kill a lot more and cheaper to recruit.

polybolos is portrayed as arrow shooter, while scorpio is bolt shooter. Bolts have much higher kinetic energy, while arrows should be faster to reload. Anyway i will check the polybolos, thanks.

So my game seems bugged? I've tried deleting the mod, and reinstalling rome. It appears that since buying Caesar in gaul that parts of the mod have reverted to vanilla values? for example the original port and city/town/village icons are back, I can have 2 of spies/dignitaries/champions/edicts at turn one, sieging/being in enemy territory is no longer a drain on my income, campania is gone and I start with neapolis at turn 1. Those are just what I've noticed so far, I only have RTR related mods (music and nomina) The only thing that has changed is I bought Caesar in Gual on thursday and even then it didn't take effect immediately when I bought it which was the odd thing. I tried looking if there was an update or anything of the sort and can't seem to find anything that states what I have is normal.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...2C4C8350111CF/
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...A19DB43EFB001/

Am I insane cause I swear the game wasn't this way a week ago. Still has all the names, it just seems to have mild differences. No crashes, game plays fine, and units/buildings cost the same(though it looks like the garrisons are much larger) and battles play exactly the same. Also not sure if it's a glitch as I never use it but custom battle still has artillery navies at least on coastal maps. If this isn't a bug and you guys updated it or anything sorry for wasting your time! Thanks for the great mod.

Quote Originally Posted by tati the wahoo View Post
    So my game seems bugged? I've tried deleting the mod, and reinstalling rome. It appears that since buying Caesar in gaul that parts of the mod have reverted to vanilla values? for example the original port and city/town/village icons are back, I can have 2 of spies/dignitaries/champions/edicts at turn one, sieging/being in enemy territory is no longer a drain on my income, campania is gone and I start with neapolis at turn 1. Those are just what I've noticed so far, I only have RTR related mods (music and nomina) The only thing that has changed is I bought Caesar in Gual on thursday and even then it didn't take effect immediately when I bought it which was the odd thing. I tried looking if there was an update or anything of the sort and can't seem to find anything that states what I have is normal.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...2C4C8350111CF/
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...A19DB43EFB001/

Am I insane cause I swear the game wasn't this way a week ago. Still has all the names, it just seems to have mild differences. No crashes, game plays fine, and units/buildings cost the same(though it looks like the garrisons are much larger) and battles play exactly the same. Also not sure if it's a glitch as I never use it but custom battle still has artillery navies at least on coastal maps. If this isn't a bug and you guys updated it or anything sorry for wasting your time! Thanks for the great mod.
    I don't think it's a bug. I've had CiG and my icons have reverted back as well (which I kind of like, the icons got confusing since there was no difference between them).

Hi
    My game crashes after the startup screen. The 2.0 v worked fine, but after i shifted to the 2.1v it's been the same. I have tried reinstalling, and reinstalling mod, and have tried both vanilla modmanager and the modmanager from this site. Its not crashing with any of the other mods, so i am pretty sure it's something with the new version, conflicting. Appreciate some help thanks

Mod is not compatible yet with latest patch. We are working on having it sorted out very soon, just need some time to finish it off. Some things needs to be completely reworked and that takes time.

Mod is not compatible yet with latest patch. We are working on having it sorted out very soon, just need some time to finish it off. Some things needs to be completely reworked and that takes time.
    Any idea how much longer it will be? I love this mod and cant play without it!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Only delay is due to startpos. We have mod compatible, but with vanilla startpos only at this point. Now question is, should we release what we have at this point, or delay it untill adjusted startpos is available. Main issue is, that no matter what, old saves wont work anymore. Startpos issue is only for Grand Campaign, other campaigns (HatG, CiG and Emperor) works well.

Erik Hammarstrom's Avatar Foederatus

Great news, thank you! I would like to see a release since HatG, CiG and Emperor works!

Only delay is due to startpos. We have mod compatible, but with vanilla startpos only at this point. Now question is, should we release what we have at this point, or delay it untill adjusted startpos is available. Main issue is, that no matter what, old saves wont work anymore. Startpos issue is only for Grand Campaign, other campaigns (HatG, CiG and Emperor) works well.

Decanus

I am not sure if I have covered these before but this is from the latest 2.2 release. You are seriously going to leave this building overhaul in the mod...... (there are dozens of examples of build options unbalanced like this one) I am in pain.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wopla1lctl...e-2.2.jpg?dl=0

Decanus

Knowing what food is worth, I as an intelligent gamer would NEVER choose the cattle trader of the R2TR values. Below are the vanilla values, notice how both options compete ​for your attention.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1ogzphm6d...nilla.jpg?dl=0