Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback, Discussion & Bugs] Rome 2 Total Realism

Default Re: Rome II Total Realism Bug Thread

Another quick hotfix released by CA today.. can anybody tell me if R2TR is still compatible or not? (im currently in office so have no chance to check myself)

The main mod is, the 4tpy is not.

Dux_Zeugma's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by judarud View Post
    The main mod is, the 4tpy is not.
    4 tpy is too compatible with the last CA hotfix

yes it is, it just shows are not updated as no update was needed, yet launcher only recognizes as compatible mods that were released "after" main game was updated... it is a bit strange situation, having to reupload a file that is perfectly fine just to show as "compatible" again... that's mod friendly approach CA style...

Dux_Zeugma's Avatar Civis

Any chance have a mod compatible with the last DLC's (Massilia and black sea colonies)?

Thank

There is an issue as sell slaves edict does not work properly because of a bug.The culprit is a building effect in slaveries called

"rom_building_slave_decrease_mod" which has a high value (in L2 is 25 and in L3 50 intead of 6 and 12 which are the correct values).I have corrected this in the latest bug fixes i sent in 14/12 but because of WoS probably you havent uploaded the fixes.If you want the solution is there.

why does roman light infantry card look like auxiliary spearmen instead of missile units like they are?

also this may be a game issue and not a bug here but in battles that are very lop sided i auto fight and it seems like the game throws in one unit at a time because i lose one or two entire units but the others are untouched? sorry if this is off topic here.

unit icons are sometimes reused loosely on unit appearance, and in the future they will be adjusted or replaced with new. Regarding autoresolve, it is how this game is made.. autoresolve uses some strange rule where melee units has to take casualties. I have reduced the effect but it always project somehow.. hopefully we can figure out how to overcome this.

Something is wrong with naval warfare i believe. All my navies are routing extremely quickly even though i have superior numbers. the auto resolve also seems to think my 20 Roman Quinqremes should be demolished by 20 carthaginian tetres/triremes.

quick routing is intentional. Naval warfare was never about complete destruction, yet R2TW naval warfare is.. so to even it out, we decided to make ships to rout faster instead of having to sink them all... so if you hit their crew badly they will rout and run away..

and for autoresolve, i will check the carthaginian ships, if they are in correct class.

edit:

i checked and they are all in the correct class.. so there must be some other reason, like incompetent admiral on your side, or excellent admiral on theirs, or actually both at the same time.. did you tried to autoresolve that battle what was actual battle result? sometimes autoresolve is not 100% accurate, it might be right with the outcome, but might be bad about the advantages.
    Last edited by JaM; December 26, 2014 at 11:07 AM.

It probably was the combination of competency levels actually. Still the routing is just a bit to full on. Ramming rarely destroys ships as it is. Its just peculiar that it is so strong. If i had vastly different level generals a similar thing still would not happen.

What is good about the armies is that they fight and morale system is really well done that if a number of things happen they rout and it all makes sense. If they havent taken too many deaths they will eventually reform and can rejoin the fight.

With navies its just Row at each other ... ram does nothing. Then my ships always rout. Its just a bit silly. Maybe the effects of generals needs to be looked at or the morale system.

There are few things you need to remember about naval warfare - Ramming was never so effective CA made it to be. During Punic wars, ships used reinforced hulls, which made ramming quite useless tactics. Besides. In R2TR, we did few adjustments to naval combat, which are actually quite important. All marines have ranged projectiles, while all ships have about 120 degree field of fire. This means from rear, they are completely vulnerable and cant return fire. Head on attacks are the least effective thing you can do. Flanking your opponent and decimating his crew would break his morale quickly, so you dont even need to sink his ship (its the crew what matters in R2, ship is just a container, kill the crew, you will also sink the ship).

So, usual ancient naval tactics will work. fix enemy from the front with the strongest ships, and flank him with your lighter ships. board if you must. after all Quinqueremes have much bigger crew than triremes (2x larger).. while having another ship bombarding the enemy deck from behind would make boarding party life much easier..

There are some pretty nice gains in this build but the food consumption, the build cost and the build duration (16 turns) are all very high so that, it doesn't seem worth building.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e39tsaj8a1...ndred.jpg?dl=0

edit: the siege defenses make it worth building maybe? well, the minor settlements produce only 1 or 2% bonus wealth.. those make absolutely no sense so maybe look at these major city builds as a gauge for what the minor settlements could be like.

I'll say it again, the building overhaul is a mess, it's really bad. I've wanted to play an R2TR campaign for so long but I simply cannot bare dealing with the economy.
    Last edited by La Tene; December 27, 2014 at 01:09 AM.

that is intentional.Cities must take longer to grow. Higher levels represent larger cities so longer time is necessary. Rome wasn't built in a day.. besides, central building also represent city's culture, so that time is actually not that long considering it represent cultural conversion of the whole city.

Right, I don't mind the long build duration actually it's definitely more realistic but with the combination of food consumption, negative public order and high build cost it seems more wise to build an army with the 9000 coin and just, go conquer a settlement. I think it needs 6 food consumption from 8 food would fix it. But as for everything else - there are so many problems in the values. He went through and just hacked everything without any consideration for balance. If you're going to make a cattle trader, for example, produce 300/5 food but your minor settlements are only going to produce +1% +1 growth, then those settlement build costs need to come down by like, 80%. R2TR is the mod with the absolute best roster and battle mod but the absolute worst campaign balance. It's really sad.

Buildings are getting a massive overhaul actually. Look for a thread called Buildings to get a preview of some of the changes

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

I'm experiencing a long freeze immediately after the start of a new turn, as well as after a battle has been autoresolved. This is very frustrating and almost game breaking. is this a bug or something with my computer? I am not experiencing this during vanilla play.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

i like the idea of having armies outside cities, makes it actually have to fight battles outside just sieges but when i have an army near a city, and an enemy army goes for the city my army does not reinforce. i get this when having an army protecting genua for example, its not under any pernicious effects from agents, and once the city is taken the army moves away like its been defeated but lost no soldiers, enemy armies if i dont spot them soon enough will go around my army stationed there, i have to have armies around a city where the city borders is covered by the zone of control but this is impossible for many cities. i know i can have choke points like the mountain passes but i want to keep armies closer to my cities while building forces, why wont the cities garrison be reinforced by an army well within reinforcement range?

di you had any garrisons in Genua?

Yes thats my frustration is the garrison isnt using the reinforcement army camped just outside.