Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback, Discussion & Bugs] Rome 2 Total Realism

Default Re: Rome II Total Realism Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Need help pls....
    Any idea why I am getting a CTD whenever I select in main menu the custom battle ? (no any other mods aktive)

Campain game (RTR 3.0) is running, only custom battle wont work.
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335 => do this and you can play.
    @JAM:
    1/ Roman light marine icon is heavy javelin, twice stats as Carthage light marine stats but only 60% price.
    2/ Carthage light marines don't throw javelin, just throw once when rushing into enemies.

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Khamac View Post
    No I can not play.

Of course,
    I tried to verify the integrity of the RT2 game cache at first (few times), but because it did not help at all, I posted here my problem.

Campaign game works
    Campaign battles work
    but custom battles in main menu dont work, so I ask for any help.
    Last edited by Protector; November 05, 2016 at 01:27 PM.

Just a little report from an ongoing Sparta main campaign playthrough:
    -hero training traits (Doctore, Drillmaster, Martinet) do not appear to do anything without the experience system--should be removed or reworked?
    -stopping adoption always takes almost whole treasury, wiping out savings. This is vanilla, I know, but still seems unrealistic in several respects--can it be changed?
    -generals only gaining experience from fighting. Should there be some xp gain from stances? (Simulating military governor experience for those defensive armies...)
    -ai not consolidating gains. Twice beat main army of a faction we were both at war with (Thessaly, Epirus) then just went away and let me take the settlement.
    -Crete declared war on me and has their main army on ships just off the coast of my peninsula...for the last several years, not moving. I do have an army sitting on defensive just east of the settlement, but think they should still be able to land...

Seems stable, no ctds. The public order system is causing some brutal swings, but I am getting used to it. I very much like the mod--have to be much slower and more cautious than with the DEI build I was playing. I like the decisiveness of battles.
    Thanks for all the good work--hope you keep it up.

Added by edit: Updating to 3.03 now -- I am running a number of graphical mods with no noticeable problems, though no movie types: Agent Cards Redone; Authentic Ancient World; Better Horses, Elephants, and Dogs; Better Water III; Better Siege Weapons and Fort Walls; Cloud Removal; Color List View Icons; GBJ Blood Mod; Improved Event Pictures; Macklesmod Loading Screens; Pdguru Legal; Music Mod; Terrain HD; and Enhanced Particles
    -In case anyone was wondering about compatibility--I have left the order as given by the workshop name.
    Last edited by Aspirant430r; November 05, 2016 at 05:34 PM.

thank you guys for feedback.

1. not really sure what causing you crashes with custom battles. Mine work fine, so it really sounds like some issue with temp files probably, if verify cache dont help, you might want to try cleaning the appdata/roaming/the Creative Assembly/Rome 2 folders, just be careful and dont delete your saves there.

2.regarding training traits, i will rework them to something else, for now they will at least add to zeal in next update.

3. AI will get higher priority attacking player's cities (0.1 -> 0.5)

4. Roman Light Marines will get light infantry class, same for Eastern and Hellenic Light Marines

5. Light Marines javelin will be thrown as normal javelin, instead of only at charge.

(pushing 3.03 update right now with all these fixes)

regarding Generals experience - they actually have much lower requirement to gain level than before, so they should gain levels faster. But its important to fight battles with them. Decisive victory gives them 20 points, Normal 10, while losing a battle dont give anything (except for Valiant defeat which gives you 8, 4x more than Pyrrhic victory btw). Generals also gain some experience by reinforcing, but only first army gets the full xp bonus, secondary gets half.
    Current General progression is 25/50/75/100/125/150/200/250/300, while agents (which can gain xp passively) have 50/100/200/300/400/600/800/1000/1200.

oh, and regarding CTDs, make sure you dont have any other mod active, especially movie type one, which doesnt have to be activated through steam.. i just almost had a seizure when trying to run the game through official r2tr account, which doesnt have any DLC linked with it, just to test if it will work in custom battles, and my game CTD on start.. took me few minutes to realize i didnt disabled all other mods r2tr account was subscribed for...
    Last edited by JaM; November 05, 2016 at 05:06 PM.

^Gr8^Xander's Avatar Miles

I'm playing as Rome and factions continuously declare war on me without any reason. I've scouted the Mediterranean for factions to trade and half of the factions I encountered declared war on me a few turns later.
    It's only turn 29 and already 19 factions randomly declared war on me.
    Last edited by ^Gr8^Xander; November 06, 2016 at 01:51 PM.

All Nationalities now have certain level of hate towards each other. There is no positive value. Yet, i tried to adjust the relationships between nations that are far away from each other. So practically, closer somebody is, more likely they will have a negative relations. This is to make sure they will rather fight neighbors than sending armies across the map.. nothing kills the immersion more than having Iberians controlling Krymea because they managed to get a stack there..

Romans are special. They are the future superpower, therefore nobody really likes them. Yet, that doesn't mean they wont accept trade deals from you. You just have to work for it a bit harder. I wanted to prevent the situation where you are at peace with everybody and no place to expand. With Romans, your options for expansion are open. Chose your enemies and your allies. You can even make allies from your enemies, by subjugating them - you are even rewarded by extra units you can recruit from them as auxilia. Liberating killed off factions is also beneficial, as you gain ally with positive relations from it.

Another important thing is Imperium level. Higher it is, bigger expansionism penalty you get. And also political support, where low political support also gives diplomacy penalty - if your party is too weak, and you are leading the country, foreign states wont respect you due to your low political support. Higher your political power gets, higher diplomacy bonus you will acquire (up to 30 points, imperium can give up to -100 at last level...)

Player has now a lot more control over diplomacy. You dont have to call all your allies and vassals into every single war. you can chose where you want them and where you don't. Its actually beneficial not calling all allies if you are fighting somebody small.. like for example if your goal is to occupy Illiria, dont call Greek allies for help, otherwise they might occupy those regions themselves.. Personally, i only call for allies when fighting somebody big. like Carthage, or if some Hellenic faction gets too big (in my last campaign it was Pontus) and even then its sometimes contra-productive.. Syracusans robbed me of Sicily for example..

Best way how to prevent random declaration, is to check their relationships towards you and your allies.. sometimes they declare war just because you are friendly with somebody they hate, or if you released prisoners of faction they hate..

thanks for feedback
    Last edited by JaM; November 06, 2016 at 02:01 PM.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Campaign game works
    Campaign battles work
    but custom battles in main menu dont work, so I ask for any help.
    Welcome to the club. I have the same issue. Whenever I click on "custom battle", the game crashes. In my case, the crash window says "Visual C++ runtime error".
    I have all the Visual C++ redistributables and they are up to date. Very weird.

Maybe I should play around with the tables to see if any of them causes this problem.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

its not the tables, they work fine for me, and i tested it quite thoroughly. I think you just need to reinstall Visual C++ libraries, Windows10 update messed them badly, and even if they show as installed fine, they are not.

im guessing you have W10 anniversary update installed?
    Last edited by JaM; November 06, 2016 at 03:09 PM.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    im guessing you have W10 anniversary update installed?
    I'd never allow that piece of spyware on my computer. Still sticking to Windows 7.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    I'd never allow that piece of spyware on my computer. Still sticking to Windows 7.
    Win 10 = spyware? link please!

Destin Faroda: try reinstalling Visual C++ libararies that came with the game in redist directory.

@Jam:
    1/ check melee def stat of merc hoplite (70) and merc verteran hoplite (54) pls (odrusai)
    2/ Epirus, Sparta, Macedonia, Thessilia have pike at settlement from lv 1, Atherns and Minataur faction no pike
    Last edited by Khamac; November 07, 2016 at 03:07 AM.

Athens dont have pikes because they didnt used them. They kept citizen hoplites, suplemented with Thureophoroi. I'll check those units thanks. (anyway i think Mercenary Hoplites have Thureos and Veteran Hoplites use Aspis, thats why such difference. Thureos is active shield, therefore higher defense bonus, while aspis is passive, therefore higher armor bonus)

anyway, i will probably just rename Mercenary Hoplites to Mercenary Thorakites to be less confusing. There are several units that need renaming. Like for example Mercenary Citizen Cavalry, which is quite an oxymoron, as citizens would not be mercenaries..
    Last edited by JaM; November 07, 2016 at 03:49 AM.

Lusitani spearmen (700) has more 2 points melee att and morale thanScutarii speaman (600) but lacking of Shield wall, Shield screen and Calvary counter-tactic.

thanks, keep reporting these things, i will fix them in v3.05

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    oh, and regarding CTDs, make sure you dont have any other mod active, especially movie type one, which doesnt have to be activated through steam.. i just almost had a seizure when trying to run the game through official r2tr account, which doesnt have any DLC linked with it, just to test if it will work in custom battles, and my game CTD on start.. took me few minutes to realize i didnt disabled all other mods r2tr account was subscribed for...
    Interessting,
    because it is the exact opposite for me.

Means, when I don't have any other mods aktive I can't play any custom battles via main manu. But whenever I aktivate other mods e.g. DEI, I can play custom battles via main menu (with mixed unit icons) and the campaign as well (dominated by the position script from DEI). So I wonder why everything works fine with RTR v3.01 except custom battles ?

what system do you have? Win10 or Win7? Which DLCs you have? Custom battles work fine for me, so its very hard to try to fix something, that doesn't happen on my PC. btw latest version is 3.04, and 3.05 is on the way.
    Last edited by JaM; November 07, 2016 at 10:56 PM.

things i plan doing on 3.05: (ETA tonight)

- slightly reducing chance of success for AI, making it more likely to take risks.
    - Barbarian subduer's trait for Caesar in Gaul fix, value will be reversed, making it easier to subdue Gauls, not harder.
    - Mercenary Hoplites renamed to Mercenary Thorakites
    - Javelins got slightly decreased dispersion
    - Lusitani Spearmen got same abilities as Scutari spearmen (Shield wall, Shield screen and Calvary counter-tactic)
    - missing Ballista or Onager on certain Artillery ships.
    Last edited by JaM; November 08, 2016 at 09:41 AM.

^Gr8^Xander's Avatar Miles

Ptolemaioi Artillery Penteres are missing their deck ballista.

thanks. will fix that too.