Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback, Discussion & Bugs] Rome 2 Total Realism

Default Re: [Feedback, Discussion & Bugs] Rome 2 Total Realism

AI gets extra food actually. Food only matters to player
    Last edited by JaM; March 09, 2017 at 04:10 AM.

But are Carthage suppose to have -17 food? or is this a bug.

One thing is to start with -17 food, but no matter what I do the food keeps going in minus

Food is now more about people satisfaction than anything else. Its main effect is to create disorder, if you have enough of it.. it doesnt impact your armies.. As Carthage, you have multiple provinces which can be made effective at food production, you just need to assess the situation right. Added difficulty is just to give Carthage player some challenge, otherwise it would be a walk in park..

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

Hello. Back to TW games and I must say this mod is amazing. Good job
    Only slight criticism I have is that battles are far too quick. Killing and movement speed should be halved imho for better experience. I find myself having to react frantically to enemy pushes and coubterpushes without time to breathe. Still, best combat mechanics for Rome 2 hands down.

dont forget trying new NER4.0 as well you might be surprised there too

Please tell me. what is NER4.0?

its a mod for Napoleon Total War i has been working on before R2TR.. i just finished version 4.0 recently.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...sm-4-Changelog

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    its a mod for Napoleon Total War i has been working on before R2TR.. i just finished version 4.0 recently.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...sm-4-Changelog
    Cool. I will give it a go. Especially interested in your Naval battles as they are awesome.

EDIT: just saw your Empire Realism new version is out as well. Might give that one a go first

Cheers
    Last edited by mAIOR; March 18, 2017 at 02:05 PM.

NER4 is newer, im working on ER update with all changes from NER.

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

Hmmm. Did a battle against carthage yesterday and it was just right. I don't know what was different but managed to have my troops not run away. Might do a battle report with the replay as a showcase of this mod's potencial. Casualties still seem a tad too high (loser lost about 50% of their troops or something). Would you agree?
    One question, how can I make someone trade with me? No one seems to want to... everyone hates me...
    And Cartage is at war with me and won't take piece. I took two cities from them and they are just relentless. I can't seem to be able to give them a city to try and force peace. But they don'the attack me either... it's weird. Basically I can prepare my armies and attack at leisure without fear of repercussions.

Cheers
    Last edited by mAIOR; March 20, 2017 at 08:39 AM.

releasing captives is good way how to improve relations.

Artifex

I'm trying to port your combat mechanics to the current version of Rome II (also experimenting with Attila) and I've stumbled upon these issues:

unit_attributes_to_groups_junctions

Duplicate entry "guerrilla_deploy | missile_infantry_stealth"

special_ability_to_special_ability_phase_junctions
    What's "far shot"? I can't find it in unit_special_abilities_tables where it should be defined

special_ability_to_invalid_usage_flags
    cantabrian_circle | dismounted is missing. That shouldn't work while on foot, or am I wrong?

projectiles
    You've added "medium" trajectory. Tried it in Shougun II Total Realism, but ashigaru still can't fire over allies. It seems to work in Rome II, doesn't it?
    And the entry scorpion_pot links to a non-existing audio file named "scorpion_pot". In vanilla, it's pot_large.

land_units_to_unit_abilities_junctions
    Duplicate entries:
    Rom_Legionary_Cohort | use_the_whip
    Rom_Legionaries | use_the_whip

units_to_grouping_military_permissions
    Duplicate entry:
    r2tr_Hel_Marines | ptolemaic_cyrenaica

units_custom_battle_permissions
    Duplicate entries:
    r2tr_Hel_Marines | rom_athens
    r2tr_Hel_Marines | rom_macedon
    r2tr_Hel_Marines | rom_syracuse
    r2tr_Hel_Marines | rom_epirus

Oh, and you should follow this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?780656-More-building-slots
    Imagine having 8 slots for cities and 6 for towns...

Last edited by Destin Faroda; May 30, 2018 at 04:08 PM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Serious question: how is removing unit experience considered realistic?
    Or am I misunderstanding the mod description somehow?

experience in game like Rome 2 is quite unrealistic, considering how wide time span game takes... you can literally have unit recruited in Turn 1, and keep it alive till the end of the game, 200 years later.... and over that time, unit would just gain XP up to the point they are unkillable demigods...

Instead, i have removed the XP completely, rebalanced units based on typical XP men in those units would have (Principes were drafted from men 25-35 years old, with previous combat experience etc etc), so these units simulate the fact individual men are being constantly replaced, but overal unit effectivity is unchanged.

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Is this mod working ? I tried v3 and had an immediate crash when loading
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Artifex

Not right now. JaM needs to update it to the current version of Rome II which is a of work due to new patches and several new DLCs with lots of new units.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

I'm running this mod with Patch 17 on Steam, and the AI seems broken. I'm playing Rome in the grand campaign and was able to take Sardinia/Corsica and the complete Africa province without any response from Carthage apart from agent activities. I've run scouts west all the way to Gibraltar, and as far as I can tell this side has not build any troops at all. They've offered my side 160,000+ to make peace, so it seems that the AI is just banking income and not building anything. There was no garrison army at Carthage, and only a small fleet.

Hello Guys, to anybody who still plays this mod - i have started working on a R2TR 4.0 recently.. Anyway, i've decided to rebuild the mod from scratch, use a bit different approach from what 3.0 had. Some units we had might not come back in 4.0, some will be added. overall campaign layer will be for now closer to vanilla as current game is quite huge in scope and it will take me some time to fully understand what changed in Rome 2 over the years... so in time, you might get a R2TR 4.0 LITE, with full focus on combat mechanics, and some of campaign mechanics that worked well in 3.0. Can't tell how long it would take to release it, i'm probably at 50% ready state right now, anyway some more complicated changes are still have to be implemented. Hopefully, i might be able to release LITE version before summer vacations. (fingers crossed!)

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

best luck man

Great news.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.