Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonball Z topic.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Dragonball Z topic.

Goku couldnt handle the timechamber because he was very young and on his own, undisciplined too. Its a state of mind. I mean Popo can use that room and hes not that strong. Kami presumably too.

Tien would definatly be able to handle it, he seems the most disciplined of them all.

Suppose its true that Vegeta would be too proud to get himself get nearly killed but he was willing to let Krillin do that so he could get a shot at beating frieza, at least what he believed.

Still, even when using healing pods, the Saiyans on planet Vegeta could have done similar stuff too. They like fighting anyways, can just fight each other and nearly kill each other, then put the loser in a healing tank and he'd grow much stronger. Within a month they could have been strong enough to kill Frieza if they exploited that zenkai boost.

Maybe or maybe not, but it was Kami and Popo decision that they couldn't handle it so we're rely on their decisions.

Also, Vegeta thought he could achieve Super Saiyan, and it was Krillian, he would never let Goku or Gohan pull

that on him.

Also the Saiyans couldn't exploit that for two reasons, one Frieza would have wiped them out if they did

become too powerful or perceived to be getting more powerful...... oh wait he did

two King Vegeta would never allow this as we don't know how powerful the Zenki would actually make you.

He was freaking paranoid when Bardock was becoming so damn powerful, what happens if the Zenki lets some

other Saiyan become more powerful then he? It would trigger more civil war then in Attila that I am going through.

Also we've seen only the special exception go through Zenki (bardock, vegeta, goku, and Gohan). We don't really

know how it would have effected the others. For all we know the Zenki boost only multiplied there power by two or only by 500

for the other "weaker" Saiyans

Well Frieza could not sense power levels and these Saiyans where send everywhere. Wouldnt have been that hard for a few to isolate themselves with a healing fascility.

But I suppose its true that the zenkai might affect others differently.. heck maybe its strongest at certain power levels considering how great power increases from it at the namek saga but not that much before or after that.

If King Vegeta was that paranoid, perhaps he should have worked harder to increase his own power. Seems he was never very ambitious compared to his own son who might actually have made a better ruler.

It's still silly though that so few Saiyans would have survived the explosion of the planet though. I mean.. they where send everywhere across the galaxy, and many would have been elsehwere as children just like Goku, send to conquer planets.
    You'd think that maybe hundreds could have survived, many likely hunted down by Frieza but seeing how Goku was never hunted down, many others wouldnt have been found either.

It could actually be cool if it turns out theres a small saiyan colony somewhere. Some survivors could have banded together, raised children there and changed their tactics.
    They would be away from the king's influence and frieza's influence after all. Heck, maybe they could never have approached Vegeta because they felt he was too close to Frieza, or wouldnt want him to try and boss them around.

Maybe they could be still rather harsh, but maybe grown a bit softer in time since they would be in hiding for Frieza, likely working to get stronger.
    Last edited by Inhuman One; March 15, 2015 at 04:38 AM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I saw the Battle of Gods Movie and I liked it. The comedy was good and there wasn't too much in the way of story, at least the fight was good as short as it was. I also watched the trailed for the Resurrection of Frieza movie that is going to come out and damn that looked cool (apparently there is also a Frieza song, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsRj6AsZ0G4).
    Why are they making movies all of a sudden? The last movies they made were in like 1995 with Fusion Reborn and Wrath of the Dragon. More recently they made Son Goku and His Friends Return! in 2008 but without an English dub and Episode of Bardock in 2011 but frankly I thought that one made no sense. How did Bardock travel through time? Is he actually the Legendary Super Saiyan? Why can he not see the future anymore? It's just strange that they would choose now to release more stuff if they haven't for the better part of two decades.
    I hope they continue this as a series of films if they want to keep making more movies, at the least a third installment to Battle of Gods seems to be in order.

I also managed to compare the Funimation dub with the Ocean dub and I fail to see why so many people look at the Ocean dub with nostalgia. Much of the Ocean dub just sounds so bad, the sound quality is so outdated and some of the voices make no sense to me. The only voices I liked in the Ocean dub were the Vegta voice (sort of) and the Frieza voice, but honestly the Kai and Funimation dubbings sound so much better. The script sounds really weird in the Ocean dub too. Like at one point Vegeta describes Bardock as a brilliant scientist.. wut? Just one example.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; April 09, 2015 at 05:23 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Episode of Bardock in 2011 but frankly I thought that one made no sense. How did Bardock travel through time?
    It is based on a spin-off manga of Dragon Ball.. so that is why.
    At anycase i recon it was because of Bardock mytical powers. ( im yet to see it so i dont know how the episode goes)

apparently there is also a Frieza song
    He always had a song though.
    During the anime, even vegeta had a song too. But yeah i already knew that song from Maximum The Hormone since a good while back, aparently they are going to put it in the new freaza movie.
    There is a lot of stuff that is missing out from the original stuff in japanese.
    That is why i dont like to watch Anime dubs.
    This is the Frieza theme song in Dragon ball Kai btw
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And this is the new trailer of the upcoming movie, looks nice.

It does seem that the new movie will allow everyone a chance to shine with all those frieza soldiers. Thats basicly the thing they did wrong with all villains after Frieza, no lesser henchmen so that everyone has someone they can take on.
    Actually I dont care that much about Frieza himself since it will be either Goku or Vegeta who beats him, I hope Vegeta but it will probably be Goku.. new Frieza transformation looks silly though, they should have just made all the white parts gold or make him fully golden even, with the purple parts being darker.

With all these god powers and such, I do wonder that perhaps they didnt raise the bar high enough at the otherworld tournament.
    If they just made it so that Goku was a weakling there who didnt get far in the tournament, that would have shown that theres still much stronger warriors than Goku. Heck, they are all supposedly the greatest warriors who ever lived. Why should Goku instantly be the strongest? Cant Goku ever enter a tournament without making it to the finals?

I mean, just let Goku be weak compared to the others. Maybe there could even be a previous super saiyan in other world since that would actually make sense.. the legend came from somewhere after all, or at least people may not be surprised by the transformation.

On a related note to the world tournament: Olibu is kind of intrigueing when you think about it. He is human but actually is much stronger than Krillin, Yamcha and Tien it seems, seeing how he is pretty much on par with Pikkon, so would be strong enough to defeat Cell. This kind of shows that it can be done, and that Krillin, Yamcha and Tien arent anywhere near their limits and could be so much stronger.

Speaking of Olibu, hes one of the characters I'd love to see them put in a videogame. Might make for an interesting playable character, especially if a game actually includes the otherworld tournament. They never seem to do that.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    It is based on a spin-off manga of Dragon Ball.. so that is why.
    At anycase i recon it was because of Bardock mytical powers. ( im yet to see it so i dont know how the episode goes)
    None of it makes any sense either way, I want to see how they dig out of this one.
    I didn't know it was a spinoff Manga, are you sure? Maybe you are referring to the destruction of Planet Vegeta in the Manga where it shows Bardock and Goku's mother?

He always had a song though.
    During the anime, even vegeta had a song too. But yeah i already knew that song from Maximum The Hormone since a good while back, aparently they are going to put it in the new freaza movie.
    There is a lot of stuff that is missing out from the original stuff in japanese.
    That is why i dont like to watch Anime dubs.
    This is the Frieza theme song in Dragon ball Kai btw
    I personally don't like the Japanese dub, I can't stand the voices although Frieza still sounds the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    It does seem that the new movie will allow everyone a chance to shine with all those frieza soldiers. Thats basicly the thing they did wrong with all villains after Frieza, no lesser henchmen so that everyone has someone they can take on.
    Actually I dont care that much about Frieza himself since it will be either Goku or Vegeta who beats him, I hope Vegeta but it will probably be Goku..
    I pretty much agree, everyone was just so useless but looking at the trailers Roshi is going to fight too... cool!
    I really hope Vegeta gets a chance to be the hero for once, I'm tired of Goku being this hero guy who has to beat every villain (albeit his role was more minor when they fought Cell).

With all these god powers and such, I do wonder that perhaps they didnt raise the bar high enough at the otherworld tournament.
    If they just made it so that Goku was a weakling there who didnt get far in the tournament, that would have shown that theres still much stronger warriors than Goku. Heck, they are all supposedly the greatest warriors who ever lived. Why should Goku instantly be the strongest? Cant Goku ever enter a tournament without making it to the finals?

I mean, just let Goku be weak compared to the others. Maybe there could even be a previous super saiyan in other world since that would actually make sense.. the legend came from somewhere after all, or at least people may not be surprised by the transformation.
    Of all the characters who deserve a chance at being the strongest it should Vegeta and Piccolo. Gohan was but very briefly.
    One would think that there would be all sorts of legendary heroes in other world from centuries ago. I'm surprised Bardock isn't there or that there aren't other really strong Namekians and Saiyans. What about the Kais that Buu killed, where did they go?

On a related note to the world tournament: Olibu is kind of intrigueing when you think about it. He is human but actually is much stronger than Krillin, Yamcha and Tien it seems, seeing how he is pretty much on par with Pikkon, so would be strong enough to defeat Cell. This kind of shows that it can be done, and that Krillin, Yamcha and Tien arent anywhere near their limits and could be so much stronger.

Speaking of Olibu, hes one of the characters I'd love to see them put in a videogame. Might make for an interesting playable character, especially if a game actually includes the otherworld tournament. They never seem to do that.
    I was rather intrigued by Olibu myself shame that he didn't get as much screen time as Pikkon. Also why are all the Kais seemingly so weak? I will assume that Supreme Kai of the West is the strongest of the Kais (especially since the other 4 died) but even he seems no match for the likes of Majin Buu at all, he seems to barely be on par with Dabura. Maybe with his fusion with Kibito he is much stronger but still no where near Majin Buu which is weird considering the Kais are like gods. Even Beerus said that Whis and some of the other 11 Gods of Destruction are stronger than he is so I can't honestly fathom that power.

As for Tien, Yamcha, Krillin, 18 and even Chiaotzu they should totally have more to do. In Krillin's case he had his power increased by Guru so I wonder how strong the others would be if they were too. Still though there should always be the possibility to get stronger, I mean Tien was easily the second or third strongest in Dragonball after Goku and Roshi I'm surprised Nappa wiped him out instead of Krillin. But I'm still wondering what Buu's role will be in the new movie, couldn't Buu just wreck every one of Frieza's minions? Or why doesn't Goku stop being such an and train all of those guys so that they at least have a fighting chance? I mean Yamcha and Krillin just became a joke and Tien was sort of the there. Chiaotzu was lowered to the level of Oolong and Puar as bloody side characters (did you know Chiaotzu is a king apparently? WTF).

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

I personally don't like the Japanese dub, I can't stand the voices although Frieza still sounds the same to me.
    I dont watch Dubs, i always watch the original. In all anime, and movies Tv shows etc.
    Unless i dont have an alternative.
    You cant stand it because you are used to thw voices you know. It is a habit thing, and very typical human reaction, when something differs of something you are used to watch, you will always deny it, at least at first.

I first saw Dragon ball in the Portuguese version, not the japanese, or english. In the begining i hated any other dubs, because it isnt what i was used to and what i identified these characters with. Again it is a habit thing. I became used to the japanese version.
    while i dont hate the english version from the episodes i watched, i still prefer the original japanese version. Its Subs usual have much more information on things, that very often get lost in the dubs.

None of it makes any sense either way, I want to see how they dig out of this one.
    I didn't know it was a spinoff Manga, are you sure? Maybe you are referring to the destruction of Planet Vegeta in the Manga where it shows Bardock and Goku's mother?
    Yes it is based on a spin off manga.
    Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock is a three-chapter manga created by Naho Ooishi, and that was adapted into an anime. It is based on the video game Dragon Ball Heroes, and features a scenario taking place after the events of the TV special Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku, in which Bardock survives the destruction of Planet Vegeta and is sent into the past, combating Frieza's ancestor Chilled, and turning into a Super Saiyan.
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dra...ode_of_Bardock

(did you know Chiaotzu is a king apparently? WTF).
    You do know the Dragon ball movies are spin offs dont you?
    Chiaotzu was a student along with Tien of Master Shen, and he specializes in skills that involve telepathy and telekinesis. He is first introduced near the end of the Fortuneteller Baba Saga in the anime. Back when he was a Crane School student, he formed a rivalry with Turtle School student Krillin for a while in the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament. Along with Tien, he quickly switches sides after seeing the folly of his master's teachings, and becomes a trusted ally and Z Fighter. In the video game Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Chiaotzu's history says that he is a member of a military family. In the movie Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure, Chiaotzu appears as the king of the Mifan Empire with Tien as his bodyguard. In the film, Chiaotzu is manipulated by Shen, who he believes is helping him reunite with his "wife", Ran Ran, who is revealed after the climax to be Chiaotzu's beloved doll. Although this is non-manga, at the end of the Frieza Saga, Chiaotzu is referred to as "Emperor Chiaotzu" by the narrator in the English anime.[6] This was absent in the original Japanese anime and manga, however.
    I still have no ideia why you guys care so much about this litle things. It is irrelevant for a show like Dragon ball anyway.

Given its characteristics, the show doesnt even require, complex logics, and intrinsic development on this matters.
    There are other kind of animes, better suited for that.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; April 09, 2015 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    I also managed to compare the Funimation dub with the Ocean dub and I fail to see why so many people look at the Ocean dub with nostalgia. Much of the Ocean dub just sounds so bad, the sound quality is so outdated and some of the voices make no sense to me. The only voices I liked in the Ocean dub were the Vegta voice (sort of) and the Frieza voice, but honestly the Kai and Funimation dubbings sound so much better. The script sounds really weird in the Ocean dub too. Like at one point Vegeta describes Bardock as a brilliant scientist.. wut? Just one example.
    I don't agree. I mean you can dig through here and see the comparison videos I posted. Piccolo's Ocean dub is far superior. So is Vegeta's. Goku's could really go either way. But the rest all seem more natural to me from the Ocean dub than from the Funimation one.

Theres way too many english dubs for sure, its quite a mess and I honestly dont quite know which is what anymore.

I believe the ocean dub did have some good music here and there and I believe it was the only one where Recoome doesnt sound like a moron and as a result seemed more intimidating.
    And Kai is just terrible, Gohan sounds awfull there. I liked that as a kid he sounded the same as Goku in Dragonball.

I don't know what Kai is, or at least I haven't heard anything from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    See its one of those things that always is lost in translation

Kai, can be the King Kai ( north kai), can be the west, south and east kais respectively. And can be the Grand Kai the guy that oversees the actions of the king kais.
    Then above this in the hierarchy of the universe, there is the Supreme kai, and also Kibito. and of course the elder kai ( the guy that came from the Z sword Gohan broke.

Also in the new Dragon ball xenoverse there is the supreme kai of time... an hilarious loli with a crush on Bardock

And Kai is just terrible, Gohan sounds awfull there. I liked that as a kid he sounded the same as Goku in Dragonball.
    Wich kai? there is tons of them.
    Anyway that is why i always see everything in japanese.

Btw just watched the episode of bardock. I enjoyed it, too bad is too short though. At anycase it shines a light on why Freaza was so afraid of an apearance of the legendary super saying. I kinda liked the touch.

Btw this is Gine, Gokus mother do you know what its her occupation?
    Soldier and Meat distribution employee
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; April 10, 2015 at 08:47 AM.

See its one of those things that always is lost in translation

Kai, can be the King Kai ( north kai), can be the west, south and east kais respectively. And can be the Grand Kai the guy that oversees the actions of the king kais.
    Then above this in the hierarchy of the universe, there is the Supreme kai, and also Kibito. and of course the elder kai ( the guy that came from the Z sword Gohan broke.
    No haha, I meant if there's another dub called Dragonball Kai or something I don't know what is. I get what Kai is within the show.

No haha, I meant if there's another dub called Dragonball Kai or something I don't know what is. I get what Kai is within the show.
    Lol yeah i kinda had a feeling you knew what the kais were ..oh well.

Dragon ball kai is a new series that is airing since 2010 or 2011 or something like that. Basicaly is Dragon ball Z remastered in HD, and without the filler stories.
    Currently it is airing in the midle of the buu saga if im not mistaken. I watched everything up until the end of the cell saga. As i understand there is also a english dub of Dragon ball kai.
    This is the new Majin buu opening that is currently airing.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; April 10, 2015 at 09:01 AM.

Ohhh ok it's the DBZ abridged. I got it now. Seems like it might be worth watching through just for old time's sake without all the filler stuff.

Patrician

Theres way too many english dubs for sure, its quite a mess and I honestly dont quite know which is what anymore.

I believe the ocean dub did have some good music here and there and I believe it was the only one where Recoome doesnt sound like a moron and as a result seemed more intimidating.
    I've only watched some of Kai and some of the Ocean dub, the one I watched over here was the Funimation dub on TV. I however started with the Spanish dub. But if I recall correctly the Ocean dub had Recoome as like British or something? I think it was Funimation which made Jeice Australian. My main gripe with the Ocean dub is how outdated it sounds. I also watched Dragon Ball in English but it was the Canadian dub (why is there even a Canadian dub?) so I don't know how different it sounds from the American one.

I don't agree. I mean you can dig through here and see the comparison videos I posted. Piccolo's Ocean dub is far superior. So is Vegeta's. Goku's could really go either way. But the rest all seem more natural to me from the Ocean dub than from the Funimation one.
    Honestly I'm not sure, for Piccolo and Vegeta I could go either way but for Goku it has to be Sean Schemmel who did Funimation and Kai as the other actors sound too generic. Other voices like Frieza I think Funimation and specifically Kai are much better.

Kai is remastered but uses most of the voice actors from Funimation. Of course they changed some of them like the Gohan voice and Cell who is always voiced by a different person. There are two Kai dubs I believe; one which was done by Nicktoons and removed the blood and some of the script and I believe another Kai dub done by Funimation which might have done the blood again and used a script much closer to the Japanese so the characters swear sometimes. I think both Kai versions got rid of 90% of the filler. Honestly I liked much of the Dragonball filler (as opposed to say Naruto).
    However I am still of the opinion that the Ocean dub's script is really screwed up. Things like "Bardock is a brilliant scientist" or "Oh my gosh what incredible power! Yes yes! I can do this! I can win!" I can't take seriously.

This revival of Frieza seems really unnecessary but it got me thinking why is he still so popular to this day. Because I really can't remember anything remarkable about his character. He was kind of scary and frightening, when I was a child I was honestly wondering how can it be possible to beat him when in his weaker forms he seems untouchable.

Maybe it's the epic struggle of DBZ saga that finished with a perfectly powerful villain (though I still think it would have been way more interesting if he and Goku died fighting each other being unable to overpower the other). I don't know for some reason he and Vegeta/Nappa duo were the last genuinely frightening villains, against which a victory seemed impossible.

Cell Saga was where the recycling bull kind of started.

Patrician

What was interesting about the Cell saga was that Cell started off as a weak villain who gradually grew more powerful. Most of the heroes as well as the three androids could probably have defeated cell in his first form. Even in Cell's second form he could have been destroyed by the Saiyans and probably Piccolo after fusing with Kami (the Androids probably could as well). So in my opinion this gave some of the more interesting scenarios like when Vegeta let Cell live. However I found some of the fights to be much more dry.

The Frieza saga on the other hand was just one strong guy after the other so I was also impressed with Frieza's power. I remember thinking that how in the hell could they beat Frieza who in his first form already had a power level of over 500,000. That gave us some interesting fights like when Vegeta fought Frieza or when Piccolo came back and you thought he might actually have had a chance and then gets a freaking beam right through him.

I find Frieza to be the most iconic villain of the whole saga with the Saiyans being second and I guess Cell and the Androids being third. Majin Buu isn't as iconic or cool for me. His fat form gave me a wtf is that reaction and Kid Buu sort of pissed me off. Super Buu was the coolest especially when he absorbs all of these people and changes form. King Cold and Dabura were seriously awesome extras, most of the minions Frieza had were pretty cool.
    As far as movies go some of the coolest villains have to be Broly, Cooler, Bojak and maybe Janemba. Turles and Lord Slug weren't bad either but were just rehashes of something we already had.

My only issue with voice acting is Japanese Goku. Just eww.

I got used to it, and i dont mind. I think it fits Gokus inocent personality.

Fun fact the voice is done by an old japanese lady