Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Total War Attila: Not what we wanted.

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Default Total War Attila: Not what we wanted.

With the announcement of total war attila it seems many fans have been somewhat let down and the majority of us wanted a new medieval or empire, but creative assembly have instead given us another Rome 2 clone how exciting.

My hopes and dreams are kind of crushed now but i will not buy their games until they prove to me they can create a proper total war and i urge all fans to stay away from pre orders.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Total War Attila: Not what we wanted.

I personally don't trust them at the moment with a medieval game. In fact another medieval total war would fall flat on it's face, because right now TW campaign's a nothing compared to CK2, and the battles are in my opinion worse than M2TW. They need a new engine to truly fix the battles.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Speak for yourself, I wanted this very badly lol.

Smiling Hetairoi's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of The Great Unknown View Post
    I personally don't trust them at the moment with a medieval game. In fact another medieval total war would fall flat on it's face, because right now TW campaign's a nothing compared to CK2, and the battles are in my opinion worse than M2TW. They need a new engine to truly fix the battles.
    Quite entertaining that you consider CK2 to be a better game since the fans aren't very happy with how Paradox is selling so much DLC nobody asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    Agree. I would be mad if this game was not about the fall of Rome.
    CA always released TW in a cycle "game->expansion->game->expansion->etc". This expansion fits on this cycle.

However, I agree that in the future it should be released a Medieval III or even an Empire 2. Personally, I would like to see a TW game about the Age of Discovery.

Campidoctor

I think the Attila time period is very interesting, and will give CA a chance to redeem themselves before (maybe) moving on to Medieval 3.

Before they show themselves capable, I don't even want to see a new Medieval from their hand.
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

Pray tell, who is this "we" you claim to speak for?
    I (note the singular pronoun which presumes nothing) honestly don't mind a fall of Rome expansion (or stand-alone; hardly any expansions these days, but that's industry wise, not just CA).
    A humble equine consul in service to the people of Rome.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishPatriot View Post
    With the announcement of total war attila it seems many fans have been somewhat let down and the majority of us wanted a new medieval or empire, but creative assembly have instead given us another Rome 2 clone how exciting.

My hopes and dreams are kind of crushed now but i will not buy their games until they prove to me they can create a proper total war and i urge all fans to stay away from pre orders.
    Seems like you and most of them can't think outside of the box.

Do you not realize that with this game through modding it will become the Med 3, Warmann the creator of Medieval mod for Rome 2 will be porting it over to Attila.

This game is following the same suit as it did with Rome 1. Rome 1 - Barbarian - Alexander.

And now all they have to do is follow the timeline and make a Medieval III and Empire II after this. ^^
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

I wanted this game.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

The poll says most of us are happy with Attila. Who didn't see this coming anyway, Empire had Napoleon, Shogun had Tom Cruise and Rome 2 will have Attila.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    And now all they have to do is follow the timeline and make a Medieval III and Empire II after this. ^^
    CA has said in a number of interviews that a third medieval game is unlikely. While they don't consider Med II to be a true sequel to Med I they have been pretty clear that they want to explore different areas.
    Last edited by DisgruntledGoat; September 26, 2014 at 05:42 AM.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

I'm happy with this

@Smiling Hetairoi
    Paradox have a lot of DLC's for CK2, but most of them are facepacks, skins and music - none are needed to enjoy the CK2. The bigger DLC's usually retrofit features to the main game which is great for the fans.
    Last edited by billydilly; September 26, 2014 at 06:26 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Wrong, looks like they are making it like the older games ones that are actually immersive and enjoyable. Get rid of the special buttons, the spotlights, the blobbing, and the other BS all you defenders and lovers of ROME 2 just keep on loving it and playing it dont even think about this new game you have Rome 2.

I wanted a Barbarian Invasion expansion, so I'm not let-down with the announcement. I'm scratching my head as to why anyone would have been banking on anything else, to be honest. Rome had BI, M2 had Kingdoms, Empire had Napoleon and Shogun 2 had FOTS. Were people really convinced that they'd change things up this time around?

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    Same.

When Atilla said "I ride with a million warriors..." was ing great man.

Love this period.

I wanted this game very badly too. It's my favorite period in Roman history and to have not done anything with it would have left me greatly disappointed.

Now let me try and give the disappointed Medieval III fans and those who want another Empire some encouraging things to think about. I firmly believe a Medieval title will be the next Total War game after Attila and it may even be on a new engine.

What leads me to believe this? Several reasons: A) Creative Assembly have not, at any point, ruled out making another Medieval game. This may be a nuance some of you failed to notice but all they have ruled out is Medieval III (notice what I bolded). They've said they won't put a III in any future Total War but that does not mean you will never see a "Total War: The Crusades; Total War: Time of The Vikings; Total War: Dark Ages" etc all of which would be your Medieval III but just not in name.
    B) My argument here is further buttressed by this Attila release which clearly is "Barbarian Invasion II" but notice they chose not to name it that.

There will be another Medieval game and there will be one set in 18th/19th century Europe but they may just not be called what you think they should or will be. Come on why would they not make these games? They sell like hot cakes and they know this! Oh and if they do a Warhammer game it will be like Alien and be outside of this "Total War" thing. Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishPatriot View Post

What gave you that impression?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    What gave you that impression?
    Perhaps the side chat in the twitch announcement. There were inredibly retarded comments in there. xD
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

I wasn't really hoping for this or looking forward to it, but I can't say I'm actually disappointed since it still looks interesting and since the announcement I've spent some time learning more about the period, which means they've already succeeded to some degree.
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast